[FM09] Fat Brazilian on Tour

Ridleys

Good consolidation season there. Hopefully, with a few additions you can make it out of League 2 in a year or so.

Just a couple of things which i'm sure you won't mind me saying...

The post above has a couple of errors - The season says 11/12 but you're in season 12/13 and your career summary says you finished 13th in the BSP when you finish 13th in League 2.

Other than that, great work so far :thup:

Thanks for that, will change them now :)

Torquay_United_Football_Club_Logo.png

Torquay

Pre-season 2013/14

I'm quite surprised that this is already my 4th season at the club! We are steadily building and I believe that we will do better this season than we did last season. The wage budget is still pretty tight this season, so had to release a few players and bring some in on loan to make sure I didn't go over the allocated budget.

Transfers:

In:

Chris Millar - MR/C, Signed on a Free Transfer from Hamilton

Looked like an awesome player, way too good for this league even though he is starting to get on a bit age-wise. I believe we have the best midfield in the league.

Sean Bryant - ST, Sent on loan from Parent Club West Brom

Doubt he will be a first team player, with Craig Williamson, Danny Mitchley and Terry Gornell all being better players in my opinion. Should be a decent backup however.

Brian Cork - DC, Signed on Loan from Cardiff

We were in urgent need of another central defender after Chris Todd left the club when his contract ran out and because of our wage budget being fairly low I had to dive in to the Loan market to find a player good enough and Brian Cork was that player.

Out:

Kevin Nicholson - DL WBL ML, Released on a Free Transfer

Tim Sills - ST, Released on a Free Transfer

Chris Todd - DC, Released on a Free Transfer (now playing for Weymouth)

Steve Jackson - AMR/C, Released on a Free Transfer

Dan Mills - DR/L WBR/L, Released on a Free Transfer

Zak Carroll - MC, Released on a Free Transfer

Kevin Duncan - DR/C DM MR/C, Released on a Free Transfer

Jake Swift - ML, Released on a Free Transfer

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Matin Hansen GK

Gunnar Nielsen GK

Steven Corr GK

Defenders

Richard Rose DR/L/C

Mike Williams DL/C WBL

Brian Cork* DC

Dan Gray DR WBR

Eric Williams DC

Midfielders

Richie Baker AMR/C DR WBR

Kris Taylor ML/C DL WBL

Michail Antonio MR

Chris Millar MR/C

Joe Anyinsah AMR

Liam Corr AMR/C

Kevin Moffat AML

Vincent Weijl AML

Rob Purdie AMR/C

Strikers

Terry Gornell ST

Danny Mitchley ST

Craig Williamson ST

Sean Bryant* ST

*Player is on loan

Total Squad Players: 21 (+2)

A slightly bigger squad (due to the 2 loanees coming in) and a better squad in my opinion. I'm hoping that this squad can at least push for a playoff position this season.

Friendlies:

Again, some pretty boring friendlies this year, but one very impressive performance away at Carmarthen showed me what this squad is capable of.

Friendlies-2.jpg

Torquay United 2013/14

Mid Season Update Part 1

August

Rubbish start. I thought it would be promising after the win against Carlisle in the first game and then a win against Swindon in the League Cup straight afterwards, but then it fell apart and we didn't manage to win in the other 4 games.

Aug-1.jpg

League Position: 20th

September

A slight improvement I suppose, but still a couple of dissapointing results, both away from home. All 3 of our wins so far have come at home, which is good for the fans but not so good for our position in the league, even though we have managed to move up to 9th place.

Sept-1.jpg

League Position: 9th

October

A win away from home finally! It was our only win of the month though which meant that we slipped down the table again in to 15th position. A good result against Plymouth in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy however.

Oct-1.jpg

League Position: 15th

Torquay United 2013/14

Mid Season Update Part 2

November

Lots of goals scored this month, but still two defeats in the league meant that we were only just inside the top half. A very poor result against Salisbury in the FA Cup 1st Round as well didn't go down very well with the board or the fans.

Nov-1.jpg

League Position: 11th

December

A much improved month which saw us move in to the playoffs for the first time of the season after beating Notts County 2-0 who were in 1st place at the time. Unfortunately a draw against Carlisle in the last match saw us slip back out of the playoffs and back down to 9th.

Dec-1.jpg

League Table

Torquay United 2013/14

End of Season Update Part 1

January

Decent start to the month, but then two defeats at the end of the month meant that we were still looking to break in to the Playoff zone as we still sat in 9th position in the league.

Jan-2.jpg

February

A much better month. Only one defeat this month and we managed to score in every game of this month. Scoring goals has definately been a positive this season. We had also moved back in the Playoff Zone after the win against Mansfield as we moved up to 7th place.

Feb-2.jpg

League Position: 7th

Torquay United 2013/14

End of Season Update Part 2

March

The longest month of the season proved to be a brilliant month for us. A rather average start at the beginning, winning just one of the first three games, but then after that we were unbeaten and still banging in the goals. We had also moved up to 4th place, and were just one point off an automatic promotion place.

Mar-2.jpg

League position: 4th

April

Brilliant stuff! Five wins from five games took us up to second place in the league and promotion was sealed when we beat Notts County on the penultimate game of the season.

Apr-2.jpg

League Position: 12th

May

With promotion already sealed a gave a few of the fringe players and reserves a game, and they actually played very well and won tha game, taking our winning streak to nine games, the best of my career so far.

May-1.jpg

Final League Position: 2nd

Torquay United 2013/14

End of Season Update Part 3

Media Prediction: 15th

Actual Finish: 2nd

FA Cup: Lost in 1st Round to Salisbury

League Cup: Lost in 2nd Round to Stoke

JPT: Lost in Southern Quarter Final to Barnet

League Table | Positions Graph

Team Stats | Player Stats

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Best Eleven Season | Best Eleven Overall

Player of the Season (fans)

Player of the Season (me)

Top Goalscorer

Manager Profile | Manager Information

The Career so far...

[left][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2] [b][u]Year Club Division Pos Achievements Other [/u][/b][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]08/09 Stirling Scottish Div 2 4th None Board Takeover[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]09/10 Stirling Scottish Div 2 3rd None Resigned 7th March
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]09/10 Torquay Blue Square Prem 9th None Hired 8th April[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size]
[size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]10/11 Torquay Blue Square Prem 2nd None Lost in Playoff Semi Final, Runners Up in FA Trophy
11/12 Torquay Blue Square Prem 1st Champions, FA Trophy Winners None
12/13 Torquay English League 2 13th None None
13/14 Torquay English League 2 2nd Promoted as Runner Up Looks like a Board Takeover is happening
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size] [/left]

Torquay

Pre-season 2014/15

In to League One already! Going to be a tough season but I think we're ready for it.

Transfers:

In:

Chris Ovington - AMR, Signed on a Free Transfer

Looks very good. Not too sure whether he will get in in front of Ayinsah yet though, but time will tell.

Andrew Milne - AMR/C, Signed on a Free Transfer

Will be used mainly as a backup. May be a decent player in the future, depending on how much first team football he gets.

Simon Ellis - DR, Signed on a Free Transfer

Looks like he is going to be a great prospect. Is the best right back at the club, and has the potential to be a good Championship player in the future which is very good for the 18 year old.

Graham Stark - DL, Signed on a Free Transfer

After Richard Rose and Kris Taylor left the club on a free transfer we needed a left back pretty badly. Graham is the only decent left sided defender at the club so should play every game unless he is injured.

Ciaron Clark - DC, Signed on a Free Transfer

Him and Eric Williams should form a very solid partnership in the centre of defence. We had two young centre backs last season, but Ciaron is slightly more experienced and maybe that is something that we lacked last season.

Out:

Michail Antonio - MR, Released on a Free Transfer

Kris Taylor - DL WBL ML/C, Released on a Free Transfer

Mike Williams - DL/C WBL, Released on a Free Transfer (now playing for Stockport)

Richard Rose - DR/L, Released on a Free Transfer

Nathan Morris- DR WBR, Released on a Free Transfer

Ian Moncur - GK, Released on a Free Transfer

Paul McNamee - DC, Released on a Free Transfer

Bryn Cooper - DR WBR AMR, Released on a Free Transfer

Glen Wood - MC, Released on a Free Transfer

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Matin Hansen GK

Gunnar Nielsen GK

Steven Corr GK

Defenders

Graham Stark DL

Simon Ellis DR

Dan Gray DR WBR

Eric Williams DC

Ciaron Clark DC

Midfielders

Richie Baker AMR/C DR WBR

Chris Millar MR/C

Joe Anyinsah AMR

Liam Corr AMR/C

Andrew Milne AMR/C

Kevin Moffat AML

Vincent Weijl AML

Rob Purdie AMR/C

Strikers

Terry Gornell ST

Danny Mitchley ST

Craig Williamson ST

Total Squad Players: 19 (-2)

Could probably do with one or two more defenders actually so will be looking at that before the season starts.

Friendlies:

Some god results this year actually. Only one defeat against Sheffield Wednesday and then unbeaten after that, including a very creditable draw against West Brom and a great win against Championship side Doncaster.

Friendlies-3.jpg

Torquay United 2014/15

Mid Season Update Part 1

August

Not a perfect start, but decent enough I suppose. The result against Watford definately proved that we are good enough for this division and the results against Crystal Palace and Coventry also showed that we were certainly no pushovers.

Aug-2.jpg

League Position: 17th

September

A very very encouragin month! Unbeaten and Manager of the Month showed that we could actually surprise everyone this year as we had rocketed up to 2nd place in the league. I certainly wasn't thinking about promotion at all at the beginning of the season seeing as we still had about 10 players from when we played in the Blue Square Premier, but wow they really worked well together. It was a shame we got knocked out of the League Cup, but at least we got £130k from the gate receipts.

Sept-2.jpg

League Position: 2nd

October

Well after last month this all came as a bit of a shock really. 13 goals were scored in our 6 games last month, but this month we only managed just over half that, and without the 5-0 win against Plymouth we would have only scored 2 goals! Luckily the 4 games we didn't score in didn't end in defeats because it would have seen us slip a lot further down the table than we actually did.

Oct-2.jpg

League Position: 8th

Torquay United 2014/15

Mid Season Update Part 2

November

Back on form again! Unbeaten in all competitions and 4 wins out of 4 in the league took us straight back up towards the top of the table. We still had ground to make up on Milwall though if we wanted to win the league (I actually think we can do it)! Played my favourite team in the FA Cup and beat them 2-1 and beat Southend on penalties in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, taking us through to the Southern Semi Final.

Nov-2.jpg

December

Another unbeaten month in the league kept us in 2nd position and gaining on leaders Milwall, who were just four points in front of us now. A bit dissappointed with the defeat against Brighton in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Souther Semi Final, as we would have played a League Two team in the Southern Final, but nevermind. Managed to get through to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup as well, with a victory against Hartlepool on penalties. Unfortunately we didn't draw a Premiership side, but we drew Shrewsbury who we should beat.

Dec-2.jpg

League Table

Torquay United 2014/15

End of Season Update Part 1

January

Not a very good start to 2015. Only two wins in all competitions and one in the league meant that we had moved down three places to fifth place in just one month. The result in the FA Cup against Wolves was also one that would like to be forgotten, at least we made a bit of money from it I suppose. Two draws against our two rivals (Yeovil and Exeter) didn't go down brilliantly either, especially the 0-0 draw at home to Yeovil.

Jan-3.jpg

League Position: 5th

February

A better month, but stil not promotion form. Brilliant win against rivals Bristol Rovers left the fans in good spirit though. The result against Brighton went against us as they managed to score three goals from their three shots on target, whereas we managed two goals from 27 shots. The game against Burnley was a rotten draw as well after they scored a free kick in the final minute of the game.

Feb-3.jpg

League Position: 4th

Torquay United 2014/15

End of Season Update Part 2

March

A really really really bad month, probably my worst month at Torquay actually (I almost resigned after the Leyton Orient game). Didn't win a single game all month and we were out of the playoffs for the first time since the end of October. We were having the worst run of form ever and I didn't think we would be able to get our form back before the end of the season.

Mar-3.jpg

League position: 4th

April

Another poor month. The two wins against Aldershot and Crewe left us with a fairly decent chance of getting in the playoffs, as we were only 4 points behing Blackpool with four games to go, but then the three games that followed left us without a chance. We had probably had the worst form in the league (bar a few teams who were pretty much relegated by now) and didn't really deserve to get a playoff place after winning just two of the last twelve games

Apr-3.jpg

League Position: 8th

May

Well at least we ended on a high note. A good result really and probably our best performance of 2015, which proves how bad we had been actually because we didn't actually play that well - we just managed to bang in four goals. A pretty good first season in League One, many positives and many negatives to take from this season, which could have ended so much better than it actually did.

May-2.jpg

Final League Position: 8th

Torquay United 2014/15

End of Season Update Part 3

Media Prediction: 23rd

Actual Finish: 8th

FA Cup: Lost in 4th Round to Wolves

League Cup: Lost in 3rd Round to Portsmouth

JPT: Lost in Southern Semi Final to Brighton

League Table | Positions Graph

Team Stats | Player Stats

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Best Eleven Season | Best Eleven Overall

Player of the Season (fans)

Player of the Season (me)

Top Goalscorer

Manager Profile | Manager Information

The Career so far...

[left][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2] [b][u]Year Club Division Pos Achievements Other [/u][/b][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]08/09 Stirling Scottish Div 2 4th None Board Takeover[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]09/10 Stirling Scottish Div 2 3rd None Resigned 7th March
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]09/10 Torquay Blue Square Prem 9th None Hired 8th April[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size]
[size=3][size=2][size=3][font=Courier New][size=2]10/11 Torquay Blue Square Prem 2nd None Lost in Playoff Semi Final, Runners Up in FA Trophy
11/12 Torquay Blue Square Prem 1st Champions, FA Trophy Winners None
12/13 Torquay English League 2 13th None None
13/14 Torquay English League 2 2nd Promoted as Runner Up Looks like a Board Takeover is happening
14/15 Torquay English League 1 8th None Consortium Takeover Completed
[/size][/font][/size][/size][/size] [/left]

Archived