[FM09] Crazy Canuck on an International Managerial Tour

rancer890

The season's not over yet, but I'll post an end of season update anyways. It will be very short though.

You will see why. :)

2017-2018

Celtic

Premier League

Media Prediction: 2nd

Position at time of resignation: 1st

Scottish Cup: in Final against Aberdeen at time of resignation

League Cup: Winners

Squad

Squad

Transfers

Transfers

Future Transfers

Finances

Finances

Key Players

AMR - Javier

ST - Luca Silvestri

ST - Stuart McGuire

Club Information

Affiliations

Overview

Stadium/Facilities

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You finally made it out of the UK. Well done!

What happened to their former manager? They don't normally get the boot for winning the league so I assume a big European club has poached him. Either that or you arranged for a convenient accident

Craig Levein was the former Ajax manager, the same person I was fighting for the Ajax a couple years back. That's how the Celtic job was open, which I got. I've always had to get his scraps. :D

Now he moved to Real Betis, but I have minimal interest in Spain unless it's a big club.

And I don't think I'll be buying any players from Celtic. The players at Ajax are quality, although some of them are getting old. I'll be mostly trimming the roster down and acquiring young talent in the summer transfer season.

Oh sorry, I did lie a bit in my previous post. I'll explain below. :D

Ajax Summer Transfer Season

There was one pre-arranged transfer from Feyenoord, Cristian Villagra. I personally wouldn't have signed Villagra, but he has a season to prove me wrong. I was relatively quiet in the first few days of the transfer window, but I had targets. I needed a goalkeeper, with no one in the U19 having Eredivisie quality, and with age catching up to Maarten Stekelenburg (36), and backup Andreas Isaksson (36). I scouted around the Eredivisie and found a young goalkeeper from FC Twente, Cees de Jong, who will be groomed to be the future number 1 goalkeeper for Ajax. Isaksson became expendable, and was sold to Club Brugge for $375k. My summer shopping continued with the purchases of left back Sander de Vries, who has great potential, and RKC were looking to lower their wage budget, and youngster Karl van Schijndel, both who were recommended by my scout as highly recommended players. Hassan Muath ($350k)and Drissa Diakite ($850k)were not in my plans and both were sold to sc Heerenveen.

My assistant manager recommended me a solid Chinese winger from Koln, and I acquired Zhou Zhi for $9.5 million. I offloaded Jonathon de Guzman to Stoke for $925k after Zhou Zhi's arrival.

My final purchase was to go back to my Gillingham and Celtic days, and brought Vasco Bianchi to Ajax for $13.5 million. Javier, the 20 year wonderkid, was going to join my team as well until a 11th hour bid from Juve, and off he went to Italy. I offloaded a couple more players, and loaned out a couple, to end my transfer season.

I had used a lot of money to improve my squad, and I hope for the results to come and win the title this season.

Transfers

The group stages of the Champions League were drawn, and these are the groups. I would have wanted to have Celtic in my group, but Chelsea and Spartak will provide some competition to get into the First Knockout Round of the Champions League.

Ajax

August 2018

28th: vs Feyenoord - Super Cup - Win 5-4 on penalties

September 2018

1st: at Hercules - Eredivisie - W 2-0 - Luis Suarez, Frank van der Vall

15th: at ADO Den Haag - Eredivisie - W 3-1 - Nicao (2), Zhou Zhi

19th: vs Chelsea - Champions League - W 1-0

22nd: vs FC Twente - Eredivisie - W 2-1 - Willians, Carlos Duarte OG

27th: at Barendrecht - Dutch Cup 2nd Round - W 8-0 - Alvaro Gonzalez, Diogo (4), Erik Martens, Mahamadou Kone, Nicao

October 2018

2nd: at Spartak Moscow - Champions League - W 3-1 - Nicao (2), Marcelo

5th: at De Graafschap - Eredivisie - W 2-0 - Nicao (2)

10th: vs NEC - Eredivisie - W 2-1 - Nicao, Zhou Zhi

20th: vs Sparta - Eredivisie - W 2-0 - Willians, Diogo

23rd: at CFR Cruj - Champions League - L 1-2 - Diogo

27th: at FC Zwolle - Eredivisie - D 1-1 - Nicao

30th: at Roda JC - Eredivisie - W 1-0 - Nicao

Standings

Champions League Group Stage (A-D) Champioons League Group Stage (E-H)

Cees De Jong has massive potential it seems rancer! Disappointing that you missed out on Javier, he was starting to look very, very good.

Good start to the league as well; are you finding it quite easy?

I had 3 goalkeeping targets from the start: 2 Dutch and a Mexican playing for Cruz Azul. Since the Mexican club was asking for a ridiculous fee, I started looking at the other two GKs, one from FC Twente and another from Westerlo (Belgium). Cees de Jong had the potential according to the same scout, so I bought de Jong. :thup:

Celtic pretty much cleaned house after I left. They sold 5 very good players, and are struggling. I'll get Javier back sometime, if not at Ajax, then somewhere else.

I have a 15 year old and a 16 year old coming to the club in January. They're pretty good prospects. FC Nantes have this fantastic 15 year old who I think is a wonderkid, but they want $10+ million, which I don't have in my transfer budget. :D

The Eredivisie is usually easy as a big club, but I haven't played any title challengers in league play yet, so I'm reserving judgment.

Archived