A good, but not too good, corner tactic?

I have a problem and that is that I either score bucketloads from corners or I don't score any at all. I want to have a realistic amount of goals from corners. Right now 1\3 of my goals (best in the league) are from corners and that is too much, but if I change my tactics I only manage to score from a corner 1-2 times per season, and thats not good enough.

I have good corner takers and good headers so all I need is a good, but not too good, corner tactic. Can you help me?

The best corner tactic IMO, which does not use the exploit, has your good headers in the following positions, best at the top,

near post flick on

attack near post

stand on far post

attack ball from deep

I'd then stick a good long range shooter outside the area, and a creative player for the short option and set corners into the 6-yard box.

What makes it unrealistic is if you have a player challenging the GK, as the AI teams don't do that.

it's unrealistic in that the oppo can't do it, it's not coded, but the game IS coded to get a realistic number of goals without it. So if you do it, you can expect to have more goals from corners than is expected.

Near post flick-on should give you a good number of goals anyway.

I think you can still use challenge gk but don't set your corner to 6 yard box. If you use challenge gk and set your corner to 6 yard box, then the 'bug' will come into play.

Second here. Just set corners to 'Mixed' and the number of goals from corners will reduce but they won't disappear.

by all means you can, but what the actual exploit is, is that we can set our players to mark the GK, but the AI can't.

you are correct though that it is the combination of the two (with a quality corner taker and an aerial beast) which can cause a ridiculous number of goals.

Archived