Gelling a new squad

In the close season, I have bought in about 7 guys, all first teamers. I now can't seem to buy a win, having previously been promo contenders. Am I right in thinking there is a period of time that it takes for the players to understand each other, and during this time results might not be great? If so, how long does this take?

well it depends on the players hidden attributes but in the most worse cases i think it's a half season but prove me wrong

i am struggling with my team also bringing in 10 new players currently they start to play well but still i'm loosing :(

well it depends on the players hidden attributes but in the most worse cases i think it's a half season but prove me wrong

i am struggling with my team also bringing in 10 new players currently they start to play well but still i'm loosing :(

I'll keep you posted. 10 games in, my star striker still yet to score, and general performance is poor...

in your assistan manager's match feedback you will be able to see which players are gelling better than others to give some idea of the hideen adaptability stats.

Also, it may take longer for a foreign player to settle in a new country when they do not speak the language.

IIRC from something i've read previously, you should try to limit the new additions to your starting line up to 2 or 3 a year.

Yeh I normally have to rebuild pre-season due to promotion. I have 4 first teamers who will not cut it, but i bring in replacements gradually.

Or , like what i just did.... i rebuilt my defence in the first transfer window giving them 6 months to adapt and fit in while having a run away season

I had same problem. In my first season my players just wouldnt click and that is strange as I only brought in a couple of new ones. By about January they really got going and we finished 4th. In my second season I bought a few more and experienced a bit of a drop in form but not for long. Now my team has been together for 4 years with only a couple of new signings that have gone straight to first team the rest of my signings have been youth players and will have been at the club a few years before joining the first team.

4 years together and things are going very well, my defense has got to be our best position it is rock solid.

in your assistan manager's match feedback you will be able to see which players are gelling better than others to give some idea of the hideen adaptability stats.

Also, it may take longer for a foreign player to settle in a new country when they do not speak the language.

IIRC from something i've read previously, you should try to limit the new additions to your starting line up to 2 or 3 a year.

well i have an all italian side so language is not a problem, tactics are constant so i'm waiting patiently

well i have an all italian side so language is not a problem, tactics are constant so i'm waiting patiently

Firstly, my main man (new signing) finally scored!

picture1jvj.png

Secondly, I've started to find some form, and it has taken me til the end of december.

picture2wim.png

I also released all my loan signings in hope of gaining some stability. Also think I may have inadvertantly got rid of all the creativity in my team, so going to use jan for that.

Hope this is useful!

Archived