Players declining!.

Hi folks.

Im currently managing an English league 2 club and im in my second season.

I have some pretty good coaches on my team, some of which have 20 in more than one training category, but im noticing that when viewing training progress the majority of my players are declining rapidly (downwards facing red arrows), im also starting to lose a hell of alot of games which is really becoming frustrating!. Im using premade training schedules from mikdadude.

Could anyone explain why all of a sudden my players are declining in training so much?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Players (to the best of my knowledge) only decline in attributes as a result of 4 things:

1. Injuries (ie an injury can lead to attribute drops)

2. Age (older players naturally decline in age- and also dependent on position: ie a goalkeeper is likely to drop later in age- around 35- than a striker- around 30).

3. When their CA has reached their PA. Then you can get some attribute swapping (ie an increase in heading could lead to a decrease in passing- for example). This is useful to know becuase its a good way of spotting when a player has reached their peak (in terms of CA).

4. As a result of an increase in a non-attribute weighted-CA abilitity. So training a player in a new position, who's CA is already at their PA, may (if the position rating reaches a certain standard) lead to attribute scores dropping (the position counts towards the CA- therefore his attribute scores could drop across the board).

The bad news is that certain work here has shown that coaches and coaching schedules have a minimal impact on CA increase. To paraphrase their work:

1. Coaches and Coaching Schedules determine where a CA increase is likely to go. For example, a player on an intensive Defending schedule is more likely to increase Tackling than another (random) attribute becuase the coaches are good. But, they do not determine how quickly CA will increase in the first place.

2. The major contributors to the rate of CA increase are:

i) Player personality (so high determination could lead to a player reaching his PA quicker)

ii) Standard of facilities (again, clubs with the best training facilities will lead to a PA being reached quicker)

iii) Appearances in matches of the required standard. So a player rated as BSP standard CA but PL standard PA will increase at a rate quicker if he plays in matches higher than BSP standard. For example, a player already at CCC standard will have minimal impact (in CA development) if he is loaned out to a CCL2 side. A player loaned to a team that does not have an active league will gain no benefit.

iv) How close they are to their PA. Players that have a CA already close to their PA will increase slower than someone who is a long way from their PA.

v) Age. Players over 23 will increase their CA very slowly in comparison to someone at 17.

So the answer to your question probably lies in the above somewhere. Lots of good threads on this- most of them linked in the stickied bible at the top if you want to understand in greater detail :thup:

Could be a number of things:

Have you allocated your coaches manually or do they all cover 9 schedules?

Are the players happy with their training schedules?

What are the training facilities like?

Older players will lose some physical attributes naturally as they get older.

Are you playing the players with a low starting condition?

Are you using high closing down all over the pitch in your tactics?

What is the intrensity level of the training schedule? It is best to not let it get into the high area but keep it to the top end of normal

Player attributes fall with injury

Some attributes will fall with lack of match time

Attributes fall across the board during the close season

Attributes will fall with tiredness and jadedness as the season gets to the end. You need to rotate the squad a lot under these circumstances.

Thanks guys.

I have the coaches set automatically. I think I need to look at the player on an individual basis rather than the team as a whole!. Im just pretty sure this is the reason my team is starting to lose back to back games!.

Archived