My First tactic(Arsenal unbeaten for two seasons and won the Quad twice)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hiya ntfc,

I have problem with my own tactic and I couldnt win or build good win(my team either Liverpool or Barnsley)

So I have start to used your tactic and so far 2 win which are

First Qualifyling round Europe Cup

Liverpool 3 Sheriff 0

Sheriff 0 Liverpool 2

I also got rid of crap players such as BRUNO CHEYROU(£2m), SALIF DIAO(£1m) and there will be at least 6 players on sales!

I have bought Christoph Metzelder icon_cool.gif(top class defence - German) £2M....I gonna buy another defence,right winger, 2 striker

I let u know how I get on....

cheers icon_wink.gif

Do you notice alot of red cards? as I have had a lot compared to last year - however i did have the best record at oonly 7 yellow cards at the halfway stage last season, but I still think i must of had 5+, it might have something to with the hard tackling on DC's and MC's, just wondering if you found this?

I have no hard tackling on DC'S,Only on mc's.

And in the last minutes i set easy on to avoid penaltys.

Hotshot:good to see it working

Lil Romeo:it should work in europe how did the scoring go?

Thats very impressive, keep it up. My team has alot more depth so I shoulkd saty in contention I just had a tough run of fixtures thats all :p He hopes.

Ive just had an offer of 2.8mil for iverson hes a goal scoring machine but thats a lot for a chmpionship side, im in two minds.

Thiago Motta, and Vidic are on transfer list and interested. Im currently checking strikers to see if theres a replacement

Iversons stats:

2005/06 - played 38 goals 18 assists 4 NO cards av r 7.21

2006/07 - played 28 goals 15 assists 4 NO cards av r 7.21

nobody who comes close to him, i just increased price to 4mil to see what they do, but I doubt they will.

Just beat forest 2-0 in 3rd round of the fa cup, a goal from matt jansen (on fire at the moment as creates loads but misses half) and conceicao playing for 4th time this season.

Beat derby 1 - 0 Jansen the scorer again, what a free hes turning out to be.

3-3 with QPR away, 2 for iversen, 1 for clebersen returning from injury to replace the injured Jansen

changed to 4-2-4 when was 3-2 down with 10 mins to go and got a result icon_smile.gif Still 5th

lol. nice, drew 2-2 in fa cup at home with palace, should of won. There high flying in the prmeiership and i didnt beat them last season.

They beat me 6-1 when douglas (gk) was sent off and henderson (sub gk) decided to not save anything)

with grays i came 3rd in the conference and lost in the play offs, still good though as they were relegation favourites. Then i apllied for the cardiff job and im currently top of league 1 with them. (they were relegated) Only problem is a scored alot but conceed loads.

3 Games to go

Second place 2 points of fulham, all play-offs teams right on my tail!

I am Guarenteed play-offs, but with teams like, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Sheff UTD and a very strong Nottingham Forest managed by Martin Jol sitting their i need to get automatic. Lee Trundle has picked the perfect time to start scoring with 9 in 10.

Matchs against Hull, ???? and Sheff UTD left anything can happen!

i decidided to scrapy my cardiff game and go back to my end of season 1 game with grays, hopefully going to get promoted. Has anyone expirenced some annoying comebacks? i was winning 3-0 against aldershot and they got 3 goals in last 20 mins very annoying.

I feel the same as Tony, ntfc, it appears you have done a tremendous job, but i am one of those people, who doesnt feel the job is complete unles i have done it all.

Obviously other people dont feel like me, so this is a good thread for them.

P.S, The East Stirling game should be interesting icon_wink.gificon14.gif

• SI Staff

Sorry to hear you're finding it so hard 'Tom Anders' - if you'd care to post your formation and team then I'm sure myself or one of the other chaps here will try and give you some tips to help you out ...

Story of the last 3 games

Hull at home

1 - 0 down at half time

57 mccarthy

60 cleberson

69 johansson

74 trundle

won 4 -1

Still 2 points behind fulham but now 5 points clear of third

Millwall away

1 Trundle

30 Cleberson

manage to keep it at this till full time so won 2-0.

With this win I managaed to get Leicester promoted to the premiership with my 100th game in charge!

However Fulham also won

Sheff United home

21 Hume scores

51 Geary for sheff utd

full time - a draw 1-1

Alas fulham lost to leeds 4-3 so i lose the title by a single point!

Pl 46 W 25 D 11 L 10 F 91 A 64 GD 27 Pts 86

Sunderland go through also after 4-3 et win over Portsmouth

only given 650k to spend icon_frown.gif grr, bought 2 16 year old brazilians, DL and DR 200k a piece.

also Lula or something - young brazilian mc on loan for the season. - Sold 2 players not making it into the team too. Chelsea first game of season too.

Archived