A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Originally posted by boingboing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

The best thing in my experience with this tactic is that i know exactly what kind of players i need and what kind of attributes i must look for. And the most expencive player doesnt need to be the right player for my team.

Hi sunny , what are the main four things you look for in the various positions.?

I had great success using andys tactic with Spurs , but have struggled with other teams.

When you get a chance would you just say what attributes are vital in this tactic , I now about pace but what others are important?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure i can, but is it okay if ill wait until tomorrow morning. I want to do it properly and i dont want to stress it now in the evening?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As I said, I bought two central defenders and a midfielder.

And you know I cant post a screenie of my squad, doesnt that break the rules?

Anyway just lost 3-0 to birmingham, which is the most embarrasing result of them all :/

You should not be getting those results and the only way i get help us to find out what players you are using, imo it's a silly situation that i cannot see your squad here so could you save your squad screen and then email it to me (get my email from my profile). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andysafc: Looks to me like it might be a gelling issue? Where are the CD's from? The striker is Spanish are there other Spaniards in the squad? How long have they been in the team? Is he the best player in the squad? What I found worked for me is that when I bought in new players of any calibre they would spend a minimum of two weeks either in the reserves or in the youth team depending on age. I use the same tactic for all teams. I also found that when I needed to pull players from my reserves or youth team they easily fit in with the seniors.

I have a squad of players with an average age of 21. I try to buy as young as possible 14, 15 preferred and bring them up through my system. Works for me. I am currently in the championship with Coventry and beat Arsenal to with the FA Cup.

Lukeweaver:

First of all, i wouldnt use a target man from spain. I preferring a man from uk, scandinavia, france, maybe german(not sure). pluss Eddie Johnson works.

Your other two forwards could com from either spain or italy, but i have no experience from that.

Just my first thought.

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE MIDFIELD DUO...

I'm sure Sunny will shine some light (no pun intended) of his own on the matter, but this is how i see it.

The set up of the midfield appears, and i have stated, that the right midfielder is defensive and the left attacking. I now take this back. I see midfielders as BOX TO BOX players. This means they should be able to defend when neccessary and attack when nessessary. So that is not one of them doing one job and the other doing the other but both doing both.

As Sunny said it's a matter of knowing your Gerrards from your Ronaldinho. After i won every trophy with Sunderland i made a mistake of signing Ronaldo (Manure). I had a very poor season and that was because Ronaldo wasn't suited to this tactic. In some other threads it has often been said that if you improve your squad you should get better results. But what if you buy better players who are not suited to the tactic?

11 of the best players in the world will do nothing unless they are organised to get the best out of each of them. Even 11 of the worst players can win a game if they are organised correctly. That is why it is all about the manager. Fail and you are out, succeed and your the saviour - welcome to the wonderful world of football management!

Andysafc: Looks to me like it might be a gelling issue? Where are the CD's from? The striker is Spanish are there other Spaniards in the squad? How long have they been in the team? Is he the best player in the squad? What I found worked for me is that when I bought in new players of any calibre they would spend a minimum of two weeks either in the reserves or in the youth team depending on age. I use the same tactic for all teams. I also found that when I needed to pull players from my reserves or youth team they easily fit in with the seniors.

I have a squad of players with an average age of 21. I try to buy as young as possible 14, 15 preferred and bring them up through my system. Works for me. I am currently in the championship with Coventry and beat Arsenal to with the FA Cup.

That was my inital reaction too when i saw that player although he must have performed well enough to warrent the bid. I would be interested to see what foreigners he has in defence as to leak that many goals makes me think the problem lies there.

I don't know why but for this tactic nationalites seem to be far more important than attributes.

Well I am back and Derby have a European Cup Semi Final against Valencia lined up.

Sunny that is some good going

Also Luke you are suffering like I did with Derby first off. You have bought a spanish player and they take time to settle to the English game settle him in slowly stick as close as you can to the team that bought you to the Prem. Team spirit and confidence are HUGE factors with this and many formations. Buying world class players can sometimes have a massive negative effect on the team and the balance. Best advice is place round pegs in round holes.

Damn I am sounding like a veteran now!

Andy if you want testers for 08 it would be a honour.

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE MIDFIELD DUO...

I'm sure Sunny will shine some light (no pun intended) of his own on the matter, but this is how i see it.

The set up of the midfield appears, and i have stated, that the right midfielder is defensive and the left attacking. I now take this back. I see midfielders as BOX TO BOX players. This means they should be able to defend when neccessary and attack when nessessary. So that is not one of them doing one job and the other doing the other but both doing both.

As Sunny said it's a matter of knowing your Gerrards from your Ronaldinho. After i won every trophy with Sunderland i made a mistake of signing Ronaldo (Manure). I had a very poor season and that was because Ronaldo wasn't suited to this tactic. In some other threads it has often been said that if you improve your squad you should get better results. But what if you buy better players who are not suited to the tactic?

11 of the best players in the world will do nothing unless they are organised to get the best out of each of them. Even 11 of the worst players can win a game if they are organised correctly. That is why it is all about the manager. Fail and you are out, succeed and your the saviour - welcome to the wonderful world of football management!

I agree with you andy, but i would like to adde a few things.

First i will say that i would never sign ronaldo as he would ruin the perfect balance of the team. Both Tromsø and my save of Ipswich.

In my ipswich game i go with the defence and attack in the midfield. It worked fine, though Bodmer wasnt quick enough to work as i intended.

With tromsø im going with the BOX midfield. I had Patrice Bernier who had played in Norway for numerous teams. He is Canadian. A hard working midfielder. He is Boxing with Hæstad. it is working like a charm.

But if you get a midfielder who is hardworking with a good pace, than you will shoot gold star!

If you dont get the midfield right, than you will get overrun!

By the way, andy. Im in the semis again. Crushed St.Etienne in the quarters.

semifinalwinagainststethf3.th.png]

Gonna have a go at Valencia in the semis. Maybe this is my year?

Sunny I agree that if you can get a hard working midfielder with pace you are laughing but with regards to someone like Ronaldo if you are using the advancing lines on the full backs someone like Ronaldo would work eg a winger as they techincally become wingbacks.

As I was short of right backs I have played Giles Barnes there to a surprising effect. People say that the Target man is one of the most significant positions but I do feel that Full Backs are really important I mean has anyone checked how many assists they have got them?

Originally posted by Paggioram:

Sunny I agree that if you can get a hard working midfielder with pace you are laughing but with regards to someone like Ronaldo if you are using the advancing lines on the full backs someone like Ronaldo would work eg a winger as they techincally become wingbacks.

As I was short of right backs I have played Giles Barnes there to a surprising effect. People say that the Target man is one of the most significant positions but I do feel that Full Backs are really important I mean has anyone checked how many assists they have got them?

For my midfield duo I have Dalle Valle & Danny Rose> workhorses!

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paggioram:

For my midfield duo I have Dalle Valle & Danny Rose> workhorses! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In addition: the most important stat ratings I look for in any player are:

aggression, bravery, creativity, dependability, pace, and workrate. Preferabley, double digits in each or the ability to get to double digits if a youngster

Ok, first of all i consider my self a novice or a slight beginner. The thing is that i know after about 11 months since the release of fm07, im beginning to understand how things should be done.

Goalkeeper:

This is straight forward: reflexes, one on one rushing.

This is because you will get strikers running towards your keeper since you are playing so high in the pitch all the time.

Fullbacks:

Here i prefer wingbacks or fullbacks who can play in the wingbacks position.

pace, accleration, crossing, stamina.

This is because these players will join up in the attack. I have often had my sidestriker and fullback joining up at the byline to make a crossing.

Central defenders:

Pace, accleration, tackling, heading.

In this tactic pace is the number one key attribute you need to look for. I prefer high accleration also to get a quick start if one of the opposition strikers get run by you.

If you are in one of the lower division, i only search for pace. If you manage to get a quick defender, than your good to go.

I would also use my quickest one in the middle of my defence.

Midfield:

In my opinion this is the most important positions. Good midfielders can make you control the game.

aggression, work rate, stamina, passing.

These are the attributes you need for the midfielders. The left one at least. If you can have two, great! But the dream is to have a midfielder in the right possition who have all of the above +:

Decision, pace, accleration.

Then more than often you will have two or three players who can attack in the box.

Targetman:

Jumping, strengh, bravery, position.

You could throw in heading and finishing too, but those four are the main attributes i look for.

Sidestrikers:

Pace, crossing, dribling, composure.

The one on the left, should use their left foot and the one on the right, the right one.

These players have one task, to run on the ball that the targetman will win.

Im not sure if this will help, but i was asked if i could do this and i have had so much help from this tactic, so i thought i could contribute a little bit. Remember that these are my thoughts, but it has brought me a lot of sucsess.

Hope this helps.

I believe that this tactic has defied all odds.

SI are trying to move away from the 'one tactic can play all' as it is unrealistic. WWFAN and Co are doing there upmost to preach and teach people on adapting to the new way ahead. Then i come along and say 'wait a minute, you don't need to tweak' it is possible to win without tweaking. It's not just me but take a look on here... Tromso and Derby in the Semi's of the European Cup. I now understand that it can get up the noses of some people, but take another look throughout the thread... look how many people are saying they have come back to FM 07 AFTER giving up, and more importantly are ENJOYING it!

Paggioram: Never mind Sunny that is good going, Derby County in the European Cup S/F? That is good going in my book.

You've come a long way in a short time and the advice you're giving sounds like a veteran to me!

Hopefully we can work together with FM08.

Sunny: Many people have said the TM is the most important, the defence is the most important etc etc. But your right if you don't get the midfield right you get overrun - even if you have a fast defence. This is what complicates things because someone with a fast defence doesn't understand why they are leaking goals. You can put two very talented midfielders in there but it means nothing if they don't work hard defensively. Don't get me wrong as i like creativty as well but you have to get the blend right.

dioufy_is_god: 9-1 over Porto, now that is something else! I think you lads are doing better than me. icon_biggrin.gif

Sunny: If your a mere novice then i'm nothing more than Amatuer!

Thanks for the contribution and effort you have put in throughout this thread. I'm sure it is appreicated by more than myself. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Sunny,

Great document with how you break it down. However why do you have high aggression for your midfielder? I mean do you not get sendings off and mass bookings.

Andy: Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to FM08. You are right that my league form is now down the toilet due to Europe thou however I am still 4th so can't complain really with Derby. Also Man City want me to replace Sven so now I have a dilemma do I move in the summer and try and wake a sleeping giant who are sitting 16th in the league so could be championship.

I believe that this tactic has defied all odds.

SI are trying to move away from the 'one tactic can play all' as it is unrealistic. WWFAN and Co are doing there upmost to preach and teach people on adapting to the new way ahead. Then i come along and say 'wait a minute, you don't need to tweak' it is possible to win without tweaking. It's not just me but take a look on here... Tromso and Derby in the Semi's of the European Cup. I now understand that it can get up the noses of some people, but take another look throughout the thread... look how many people are saying they have come back to FM 07 AFTER giving up, and more importantly are ENJOYING it!

Paggioram: Never mind Sunny that is good going, Derby County in the European Cup S/F? That is good going in my book.

You've come a long way in a short time and the advice you're giving sounds like a veteran to me!

Hopefully we can work together with FM08.

Sunny: Many people have said the TM is the most important, the defence is the most important etc etc. But your right if you don't get the midfield right you get overrun - even if you have a fast defence. This is what complicates things because someone with a fast defence doesn't understand why they are leaking goals. You can put two very talented midfielders in there but it means nothing if they don't work hard defensively. Don't get me wrong as i like creativty as well but you have to get the blend right.

dioufy_is_god: 9-1 over Porto, now that is something else! I think you lads are doing better than me. icon_biggrin.gif

Sunny: If your a mere novice then i'm nothing more than Amatuer!

Thanks for the contribution and effort you have put in throughout this thread. I'm sure it is appreicated by more than myself. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Youre right, im am ENJOYING it again. But the most important thing is that i have also LEARNED something. I can now say that i understand the game. So thank you very much, andy for that ground work!

Thank you for the kind words!

icon_cool.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Sunny,

Great document with how you break it down. However why do you have high aggression for your midfielder? I mean do you not get sendings off and mass bookings.

Andy: Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to FM08. You are right that my league form is now down the toilet due to Europe thou however I am still 4th so can't complain really with Derby. Also Man City want me to replace Sven so now I have a dilemma do I move in the summer and try and wake a sleeping giant who are sitting 16th in the league so could be championship.

Paggioram: The aggresion helps when the midfield loose the ball, long passes over the midfield. It also helps when they need to get back in defense and attack.

Most of my sending offs comes from either defense or attack. It is rarely from my midfield.

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paggioram:

Sunny,

Paggioram: The aggresion helps when the midfield loose the ball, long passes over the midfield. It also helps when they need to get back in defense and attack.

Most of my sending offs comes from either defense or attack. It is rarely from my midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As i cant edit, i also need to say that aggression combined with good tackling is a lethal combination in the midfield.

I have never looked for Aggression as a factor for my midfield but I will give it a go once I get to the summer. I have always looked for PACE, ACCELERATION, PASSING AND TACKING in one of them.

I mean in my side I got David Jones as the more attacking and he is not set as a Play maker but alot happens when it goes through him but I would look for a aggression midfielder in the summer to give me a different option next season.

I have never looked for Aggression as a factor for my midfield but I will give it a go once I get to the summer. I have always looked for PACE, ACCELERATION, PASSING AND TACKING in one of them.

I mean in my side I got David Jones as the more attacking and he is not set as a Play maker but alot happens when it goes through him but I would look for a aggression midfielder in the summer to give me a different option next season.

Take a look at Kristoffer Hæstad. He is the perfect example of hard working midfielder in this game. In my Ipswich save he got the european midfielder award after three years in the club.

No problems I will take a look because I have found now as I always wanted smallish squads but I now feel I need two full squads but they need players for every different version so that you can change things for certain types of gamea. This might be why you are not as good in the league when in eurpoe as well because of strength in depth.

No problems I will take a look because I have found now as I always wanted smallish squads but I now feel I need two full squads but they need players for every different version so that you can change things for certain types of gamea. This might be why you are not as good in the league when in eurpoe as well because of strength in depth.

Yes that could be true, but is it a coincidence?

Yes me, you and Sunny have all suffered a drop in League form whilst having a good European Cup run. So how come it effected the domestic form and yet often produced brilliant results in Europe. I'm only guessing but i think dioufy_is_god will have had similar outcome judging his 9-1 result over Porto.

So if it was a squad size problem - why would you get a lift in Europe but a drop in the League?

Maybe it has more to do with Re-ranking?

For example, Derby have just finished in the Top 4 EPL. So next time teams play differently, but the European ones are still new to you. Could it not be that?

This tactic doesn't suffer as much as some from re-ranking, i've read in some threads that after finishing in the top 4 they finsh nearer the bottom 4 the following season!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No problems I will take a look because I have found now as I always wanted smallish squads but I now feel I need two full squads but they need players for every different version so that you can change things for certain types of gamea. This might be why you are not as good in the league when in eurpoe as well because of strength in depth.

Yes that could be true, but is it a coincidence?

Yes me, you and Sunny have all suffered a drop in League form whilst having a good European Cup run. So how come it effected the domestic form and yet often produced brilliant results in Europe. I'm only guessing but i think dioufy_is_god will have had similar outcome judging his 9-1 result over Porto.

So if it was a squad size problem - why would you get a lift in Europe but a drop in the League?

Maybe it has more to do with Re-ranking?

For example, Derby have just finished in the Top 4 EPL. So next time teams play differently, but the European ones are still new to you. Could it not be that?

This tactic doesn't suffer as much as some from re-ranking, i've read in some threads that after finishing in the top 4 they finsh nearer the bottom 4 the following season! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think my problem is that i only have my 11 good players.

In the start of my league campaign im struggling, because i have to rest many of may first team players.

I have beaten valencia 3-0 i the first leg at home in the semis of CL, so you all understand that i want to have my players to be as fit as possible.

The next game i lost at home because i use 9 players who normally dont play.

As i told you earlier i was gonna play valencia in the semis. The first leg was at home and here how it went:

firstlegvalencians3.th.png]

A good win and my good results against valencia continues. Lets just hope that i can cope in the second leg. Heres how it went:

secondlegvalenciacloy3.th.png]

Tromsø are in the champions league final!!!

But i had a price to pay. My main target man is out for 2 months, so i will be nervous. Gonna face real madrid. But we are in the champions league final!!!

6-1 Agg win, it never really looked in doubt, did it? A 0-3 score is hard to pull back but 2 early goals in the 2nd leg meant you went through with ease.

TROMSO v REAL MADRID in the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL. We're all rooted for you pal...

currently 2 thirds into my third season looks like it could be a great season or it could all end in tears.sitting 3rd in the league 10pts behind everton(they just dont lose)with 9 games to go,lost in the carling cup final 3-2 to liverpool ,just beat man utd 4-0 in the 6th round of the fa cup and in the last 8 of the champions league against milan.lets hope it all goes well.

kroshot: You've had your problems with this tactic in the passed but what what you have said above, i think you've finally cracked it mate!

Ok maybe you won't win all or if you are unlucky any of them, but if you keep knocking on the door of opportunity - it will open!

6-1 Agg win, it never really looked in doubt, did it? A 0-3 score is hard to pull back but 2 early goals in the 2nd leg meant you went through with ease.

TROMSO v REAL MADRID in the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL. We're all rooted for you pal...

I think i actually had more controll in those two games than i could hope for.

But in my home game it was my two midfielders who got the best scores, so to have two hard working men its not a bad idea.

TROMSØ WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!

overviewclfinalut4.th.png]

matchstatsclfinallc1.th.png]

This is something i NEVER thought would happen in fm07. That a Norwegian team would manage to win Champions League.

And to make matters worse, my main target man was out in injury, but my trainee target stepped up and scored two goals.

I have so much thanks to you andy, that i cant explain it!

My project that i had set up would take 5-6 years, i did it in three!

I have to change my goals now:

-To be the richest club.

-Make norway top of the points lead for europe.

The reason for that is that i only got about 2 mill £ for the tv-rights. If i get higher on the list, than i would get more.

Thanks andy!!!

This is something i NEVER thought would happen in fm07. That a Norwegian team would manage to win Champions League.

And to make matters worse, my main target man was out in injury, but my trainee target stepped up and scored two goals.

-To be the richest club.

The reason for that is that i only got about 2 mill £ for the tv-rights. If i get higher on the list, than i would get more.

Thanks andy!!!

And your probably the only person who could have made it happen. No need to thank me, give yourself a pat on the back. I doubt i could have done it!

I'm pleased to see it's also working with other teams or people would have doubted me. I don't think there is any need for that now.

Lets hope kroshot can join us to.

i cant belive it i`m so ****ed off a season that promised so much see`s me ending up with nothing.the semi final vs everton was typical lost the first leg 2-0 then in the second leg i am 3-0 with 2 mins to go then david nugent pops up to score i`m out on away goals what a disaster.currently lying 6th in the league so dont think i will get in again next year.BUGGER!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is something i NEVER thought would happen in fm07. That a Norwegian team would manage to win Champions League.

-To be the richest club.

Thanks andy!!!

And your probably the only person who could have made it happen. No need to thank me, give yourself a pat on the back. I doubt i could have done it!

I'm pleased to see it's also working with other teams or people would have doubted me. I don't think there is any need for that now.

Lets hope kroshot can join us to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still want to thank you though, for laying the base of the tactic.

I will continue playing my Tromsø save, as i see huge potensial. I dont expect to win Champions league every year. This year i was lucky with the draws, but i still feel that i had control in all the games, allthough the final was a bit lucky.

I need to get more depth in my squad to try to get better beginnings of the league.

Still want to thank you though, for laying the base of the tactic.

I will continue playing my Tromsø save, as i see huge potensial. I dont expect to win Champions league every year. This year i was lucky with the draws, but i still feel that i had control in all the games, allthough the final was a bit lucky.

I need to get more depth in my squad to try to get better beginnings of the league.

Yes it was lucky, i mean 1-0 ahead then 1-2 down with 6 mins to go then an equalizer with 2 mins left and then winning it on pens - that is a roller coaster ride in one game! But you have to make your own luck.

Shame Kroshot wasn't able to join us but that happens irl too. Wasn't it two seasons ago when Manure got to the semi's of the FA Cup, European Cup and 2nd in the Premier but didn't win any.

Atleast kroshot can take something because while Sir Alex did that with Manure kroshot did it with Birmingham. Doubt Sir Alex can have done that at all never mind in 2-3 seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Still want to thank you though, for laying the base of the tactic.

Yes it was lucky, i mean 1-0 ahead then 1-2 down with 6 mins to go then an equalizer with 2 mins left and then winning it on pens - that is a roller coaster ride in one game! But you have to make your own luck.

Shame Kroshot wasn't able to join us but that happens irl too. Wasn't it two seasons ago when Manure got to the semi's of the FA Cup, European Cup and 2nd in the Premier but didn't win any.

Atleast kroshot can take something because while Sir Alex did that with Manure kroshot did it with Birmingham. Doubt Sir Alex can have done that at all never mind in 2-3 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kroshot just have to hang in there. I wouldnt buy any players for the next season. Let the ones that he`s got now blend more together.

When i won the champions league, my players where willing to bleed for the club and that is important.

I will also try to play further on my ipswich save and try to win the league again and win the champions league.

Andy- Thought I would give an update about my game with Aston Villa. If you remember, I won the EPL the first season. Season two was amazing, although i finished a disappointing 4th in the EPL. I won the League Cup, was runner-up to Man U in the FA Cup, and won the Champions League 5-0 over Arsenal. It's not as great as winning with tromso, but I am still proud of the team.

Bruce Willman: To win the EPL, League Cup and Champions League in two seasons with ANY team on what is regarded by many as the hardest version of FM yet, is well done in my book.

I couldn't help but notice that again as you went on to win the Champions League you finished 4th in the EPL. Same with me and others. Coincedence?

Bruce Willman: To win the EPL, League Cup and Champions League in two seasons with ANY team on what is regarded by many as the hardest version of FM yet, is well done in my book.

I couldn't help but notice that again as you went on to win the Champions League you finished 4th in the EPL. Same with me and others. Coincedence?

Seems that it is a price to pay to get sucsess in Europe. Same happened with my Ipswich save.

Had sucsess in champions league the following season, but managed to get 4th place in the league in the last game. Didnt win champions league though, but got to the semis, or lost the final. Don remember right now.

Originally posted by Bruce Willmann:

Andy- Thought I would give an update about my game with Aston Villa. If you remember, I won the EPL the first season. Season two was amazing, although i finished a disappointing 4th in the EPL. I won the League Cup, was runner-up to Man U in the FA Cup, and won the Champions League 5-0 over Arsenal. It's not as great as winning with tromso, but I am still proud of the team.

To achieve the victory with Aston Villa is a great achievement. I dont know if i would manage to do that, but stick to it. I think you have don a great job!

Originally posted by Bruce Willmann:

who did you sign in your first season with villa mate because that is a great achievment

Ah ha - so that's what I've been doing wrong v_v

I've been going with one defensive midfielder and then another flair player. To think the answer to my problems was in my reserves icon_razz.gif

Currently Leicester, mid table in the Championship, first season. They're annoyed with me atm because I applied for the Boro job, but certainly since I switched the midfield around it' working a treat.

Hey guys,

I'm gonna give this tactic a go with Reading and see how I get on. I have just been reading Sunny's guide posted on the previous page, and I was just wondering what would be considered enough pace for defenders in the premiership when using this tactic?

Originally posted by MaxVaber:

Hey guys,

I'm gonna give this tactic a go with Reading and see how I get on. I have just been reading Sunny's guide posted on the previous page, and I was just wondering what would be considered enough pace for defenders in the premiership when using this tactic?

I would say that 15+ is the minimum. if you could get 17+ then you have a god base.

Try to use your quickest one in the middle.

Archived