how do I tell Essien to man mark Gerrard?

if my chelsea team are all on zonal marking, except from my defensive central midfielder (Essien), will he man mark the player closest to him (AMC/CM?) automatically?

If all my team are man marking, do my forwards mark their centre backs, the wingers mark their wide backs and so on? Never really got to grips with this.

Is it confusing fpr the backline if centre backs are man marking, and fullbacks are not?

is it confusing for the team if the whole back line man marks, and the midfield is on zonal marking?

he's not playing 8O) and you just lost.......

sorry, couldnt resist.

no... its not confusing for the team.

However, you need to be carefull when using man marking in the back four. If players start sswapping positions, your defenders will be dragged around a bit.

If you want Essien to man mark gerrard then tell him that. In his instructions (during the game or at the begining of the game) you can set man mark and then they will be a list of players. Chose Gerrard from there.

btw Gerrard moves around a bit, so expect Essien to move out of his positon. That said, I find its the best way to deal with Gerrard. Just be carefull of his late runs into the box for headers or a through ball. they are tough to man mark. The biggest question should be, do you want to tight man mark him or give him a little space.!!!

LAM

he's not playing 8O) and you just lost.......

sorry, couldnt resist.

no... its not confusing for the team.

However, you need to be carefull when using man marking in the back four. If players start sswapping positions, your defenders will be dragged around a bit.

If you want Essien to man mark gerrard then tell him that. In his instructions (during the game or at the begining of the game) you can set man mark and then they will be a list of players. Chose Gerrard from there.

btw Gerrard moves around a bit, so expect Essien to move out of his positon. That said, I find its the best way to deal with Gerrard. Just be carefull of his late runs into the box for headers or a through ball. they are tough to man mark. The biggest question should be, do you want to tight man mark him or give him a little space.!!!

LAM

okay, where di I fins the list of players to mark? player instructions or opposition instructions?

Archived