FMinAustralasia

Raware

Welcome to the new clan, Football Manager In Australasia 2008!!!! http://fminaustralasia.webs.com

Take a minute to look around the site and explore. Updates of leagues/cup competitions will regularly be posted allowing everyone to keep track of FMinAustralasia!

Australasia-1.jpg

Rules

1. Everyone MUST be using Football Manager 8.0.1

2. Times the league will be played will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 13:00 - 16:00 AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) 10 hours ahead of GMT. (Excluding 27/01/09 and 28/01/09 as the host will be away on holiday) Extra sessions can be organised depending on everybodys availability.

3. If you are going to miss the session and know about it beforehand, you must let the host know at least 24 hours in advance. If 3 sessions are missed consecutively the player shall be deemed to have left the clan and will be removed from the game.

4. Games must be played on KEY HIGHLIGHTS mode, FULL match speed and one notch down from full for highlights to ensure the game runs at a reasonable rate. Replays of goals ARE allowed. Move matches for TV MUST be TICKED OFF so players play on the same day and friendlies MUST be controlled by their ASSISTANT MANAGER thus ensuring the game runs at a reasonable rate.

5. If you are sacked you can apply for vacant jobs immediately. If you resign you must have a one month hiatus before being able to manage again. Rangers and Celtic are excluded from human users.

6. Everyone must be civil to each other and display common courtesy. If you do have a problem or issue with someone, please solve it privatly and amicably, any flaming or destructive insulting of other users will result in a ban and/or termination. Swearing is allowed

7. Do not tap up other users players unless you actually want to buy the player

8. Being online on MSN is strongly advised but not obligatory. The coversations give managers a chance to meet each other and exchange views, it's not only about the game!!

9. Please have fun and don't take it too seriously. Football Manager is a game and is to be enjoyed, arrogance or ultra competitiveness is not in the spirit of the clan and won't make you any friends. So keep it light hearted and fun!!

10. All queries can be posted on this site to the administrator

11. Most importantly. Happy Gaming!!!

Well, the first session of the very first FMinAustralasia is complete and things ran somewhat slowly and troublesome. While the first few sessions of the new season are always going to be slow due to transfers, scouting for players/staff and general 'getting to know your squad', what we wasn't counting on was the troubles Dan (Motherwell) would encounter. Seems Dan had some troubles connecting to the game and the internet. Hopefully, he can sort his connection issues out before our next meeting tomorrow and get back into the game.

Aside from these small teething problems, the other two managers, myself and Joel, had quite a productive session, making numerous additions to our squads and losing the dead wood we no longer wanted. (Full screen shots are now available on the updated blog.) No league games were played as most of the sessions time was used to make transfers, scouting etc, however, i (Hearts) managed to play one friendly (which my assistant manager took charge of). Unfortunately, i was on the wrong end of a 4-1 hammering to FBK Kaunas, things not looking too good already for my Hearts team, with this poor defeat adding to the already all time low morale within the players. I'm already thinking maybe i won't last the season with my trigger happy chairman at the helm!

So...........the very first session of the very first FMinAustralasia clan has come and gone and i think things look very bright for the clan. Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow to continue what i know will be an interesting season if anything!

So.......another day, another session. We finished our second session of FMinAustralasia with the unfortunate loss of Dan. His connection was giving him too much trouble to allow him to stay with the clan. It was all good and well him being able to make transfers etc, but if his connection 'decided to throw him out of the game' whenever it chose, then it would be difficult for him to actually manage his team, especially if he was thrown out during a game, leaving his assistant manager in charge and making all the decisions/substitutions etc. So, he made the tough decision to leave the clan, with his tenure at Motherwell only lasting a couple of days. Hopefully Dan can resolve his connection problems and maybe we'll see him again in the future?

So, this just left Joel and I as the only two human users in the game. Things should still be very interesting between us two as we are managing rival teams (Hearts and Hibs). We are of course still welcoming any newcomers who wish to join the clan, providing they can meet the criteria in the rules.

Session two, like session one, saw mostly tinkering with squads with additions/players let go etc, as players sought to perfect their squads and hopefully make them into some kind of decent team within the SPL. I made several more transfers, sculpting my team into a very young, potentially good side. It's a very big gamble on my behalf to rely on such young, under-developed potential to steer my team to 3rd/4th in the league (my boards expectations) with my chairman at the helm, who seems to like to change managers more times than Michael Jackson's had surgery! Joel on the other hand, has made shrewd sales and buys, recouping more than £4 million on sales and only spending a fraction of his budget on experienced players who have been there, seen it and got the t-shirt. Joel will be hoping these signings can do his club proud and see them finish in the top half of the table, and more importantly, above Hearts by May. A few friendlies were also played during the session, my Hearts team took another hammering, 3-0 away to MTZ-Ripo, this defeat on top of my previous defeat, 4-1 away to FBK Kaunas, doesn't bow well for my chances this year. Joel on the other hand, had two impressive wins against Airdrie (2-0) and Gillingham (3-2) both away, a 1-1 draw away at Darlington and a 0-0 home draw with Juventus. Things already starting to gel well for Joel's Hibs team.

So, pre-season is over, club squads are starting to take shape....all that's left to do now is begin the league................which happens to have a very tasty first day fixture.....Hearts V Hibs! The rivalry begins already!

Cheers Andy and RDX Cougar. The skin is Steklo Left 08, the best skin in my opinion. We are still welcoming new members into the clan if anybody is interested. We have only played friendlies so far, the league games will start next session. Times would suit those based in Asia/Australia however.

We play 08 as the other members are still playing that version. I figured there are still a few out there playing 08 too and not many clans offer the chance to play 08. We have two lads in the clan from Australia although one has just dropped out due to his connectivity issues.

Shame you can't find your 08 disc as we'd of loved to have you join.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this up (if the moderator wants to delete this thread then thats ok). Due to myself purchasing the new version of FM (09) this clan will cease. I may look into starting an FMinAustralasia09 in the next few months if i have the time though.

Archived