FM903 clan game thread

Use the clan advertiser at the top of the page matey.

Have done mate. Cheers. I intent to use this thread in the same way the other one with a similar name is used, to keep people updated with the game and hopefully attract new players from the reports.

Quick update. We had 5 players start on tuesday, although 2 disappeared before the session ended. Would be good to know if you are quitting or not lads. Ryan, it seemed to me like you lost connection as you left the game, msn and hamachi at the same time, am i right??? Also Matt, one of the game founders, didn't turn up, what happened mate? Got another 2 players joining saturday, but will not be taking many more newcomers once the game has settled down with regular players, so if you want in be quick. I am also in the middle of writing the clans rules, so keep your eyes peeled if you are one of the 6 registered players or if you are interested in joining.

Well, the game itself, on tuesday we had 5 people trying to buy and sell players so it took some time and there have been some interesting deals done. The biggest disappointment for me was Gianluca Palmeiteri, who came to me on trial, only to sign for Jason's Swansea!!!! That despite me offering him a very good contract. I have made some very good signings for Ipswich, including Insua on loan from Liverpool, Danny Grainger from Dundee Utd for £300k and Zander Diamond from Aberdeen for £1.9 million. I have signed many more players and have a very large squad full of quality, can't wait to get into the season, especially since the second game is against James' Cardiff, who have made some impressive signings too, including James McFadden and Kevin Doyle. Jason has made some great signings for Swansea, including Palmeiteri and Stepthen Appiah.

Let the season commence on saturday!!!

If you are a current player please PM me to let me know if you are having it Saturday, and if u r interested in joining PM me.

Cheers.

Quick update. We started the night with 6 lads then Burford and James joined us about 9, although I think one lad has quit (hopefully not). We should have 7 regular players though by the look of it and I'm happy with that for a start.

My team Ipswich have had a mixed start. After eventually signing 15 players and selling 15 players I have to give time for my squad to gel. I started with a 2-0 win at home to Notts Forest, Followed by a 2-0 win against Aldershot in the league cup. I then lost to James' Cardiff side 2-0 away before finishing the night drawing 1-1 with Jase's Swansea. Swansea's right back scored a stunning equaliser in that game, hit first time from the corner of the box right into the top corner. So thats it, 3 league games in and I am 12th, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss. Home to Scunthorpe in the second round of the cup next.

Good session last night, very slow early on as it was the end of the transfer window and we had 3 new players who needed to sort their squads out. After the transfer window it went fast though, I had a great run of results and I am higher than any of the other human players.

Quick update from Saturdays session. We started with 7 players, welcoming 1 newcomer, Anthony with Nottm Forest. Jason and Michael joined in later, but Sheff Wed manager disappeared all of a sudden around 10 o'clock, I would appreciate hearing if you have quit or not please lad???? Also James Sloan (Sheff Utd) didn't turn up. Would be nice to know if you are still playing or not mate please.

We are up to 14 league games now, James is the highest of the human players, his Cardiff team are 2nd, Anthony's Forest are 4th, I am 8th (won 7, drew 5, lost 2), Jasons Swansea and Matt's Wolves are both solid mid table. Mark's Sheff Wed are 3rd bottom, Mike (palace manager) got sacked in very harsh conditions as he was 10th at the time after only 13 league games and only 6 points from top spot, Bristol Rovers quickly offered him a new job though. Martyn (Derby county) resigned before he was sacked after winning 0, drawing 4 and losing 8 of the first 12 games, he is currently awaiting a job.

Its all very tight at the top, despite being 8th I am only 2 points from top spot. I let a couple of players go out on loan including Richard Naylor to Forest. To finish my squad off I have bought Bergessio for 3.1 million, class looking striker, coming in on jan 1st. Am after a couple more players but I've only got 5k a week left on my wage budget and no transfer budget so I might have to wait until next season. Still have 12 million in the bank though.

C u all Tuesday lads.

Updated after last nights session :-

We had Martyn and Jason watching their respective teams so 2 shy. 6 of us started the night but Burford didn't want to play our game as he is right at the end of a season in his other game, so he quit. Also Michael went for his t at 8 and never come back on. So it looks like we might be down to 6 or 7 solid committed players, and I am happy with that. Didn't hear anything off Anthony (Forest), James (cardiff) or Mark (sheff Wed), let me know whats going on lads.

In the game, in James' absence Cardiff are now 5 points clear at the top, and in Anthony's absence Forest are second. I was poor at the start last night including losing 6-1 to Reading, but pulled it around and beat then 2nd Southampton and then 6th Norwich to finish the night in 6th place, won 10, drew 8 lost 5. Shah (Charlton) and Mike (Palace) are struggling low mid table, Jason's Swansea are currently high mid table so doing well. And Mike's Bristol Rovers in league 1 are going well, up to 4th last I looked.

Interesting FA Cup draw too with Forest vs Swansea and Charlton vs Bristol Rovers out of the hat.

C u all saturday 7pm lads.

Updated after tonights session:

We hit January so the game has slowed up again, but good session all the same.

I had a good session with Ipswich, winning 5 and losing 2 tonight. I'm 5th now. Best result was beating James' Cardiff 3-1, but he is still top and 10 points ahead of me. James beat Shah's Charlton 6-0 last game, Shah might be in trouble, 19th with Charlton and the board are not happy.

Thanks for letting me know. Hope you are ok. Are you on Tuesday???

I'll be fine just can't play for about 12 weeks and a bit painful. I'm fine for tonight. I have to stay off my leg for as much as possible so even more excuse for FM :)

Well last night session was awful. We had 2 or 3 people deliberately wasting time, and due to this we only got to Feb 14th (less than a month in 4 hours of play). The last game alone took 40 minutes as the guy who was playing kept pausing for some reason. When told all he did was say sorry and keep on doing it. I'm seriously thinking of jacking the game in if thats the way its gonna go.

On the playing side I won every league match with Ipswich last night (all 4 of them) and I am now 2nd, 7 points behind James Cardiff.

Right, saturday's session was quality so its all good and back on track, played at a very good pace. We are 41 league games into the season now and it was a very interesting session on the playing side too.

I won all games but 1, putting me 5 points top from James' Cardiff. I'm confident of winning the league and given a decent budget staying up next year.

James' Cardiff have been on awful form, it remains to be seen whether he can get promoted or not.

Anthony's Nottm Forest also went through a terrible run after Anthony went after the Spurs job. He didn't get it and his board were very unhappy but a week later Portsmouth offered him the job and he took it. Pompey are currently 16th in the Prem with a month to go, I personally hope he keeps them up.

Jason has done a great job at Swansea, the pre season relegation favourites sitting in 13th place with 49 points from 41 games. Its tight in the bottom half but he should be safe nicely.

Shah (Charlton) and James (Sheff Utd) both got the sack so are taking new clubs on in league 1 in pre season.

Martyn is keeping Brighton mid table in league 1, his board are unhappy with him and when Anthony left Nottm Forest he was offered the Forest job, but turned it down!!!!

Michael didn't turn up but is on the verge of being sacked from Birmingham.

Other Michael is 7th with Bristol Rovers after assembling a good squad, be good to see him get promoted too after his harsh sacking from Palace.

Thats all folks, c u tonight.

We finished the regular season last night, even though it was going slow due to connection issues. (still no idea why).

On the playing side I won the league by 6 points from James' Cardiff, we are promoted. Anthony's portsmouth have had a couple of wins and are 12th with 4 games left, so looks like we have 3 in the prem next season. Jason's Swansea finished comfortable mid table in 18th place, although he might be the only one left in the championship next season. Shah drew MK Dons and finished mid table, Dan joined in and taken Tranmere, mid table again, but Mike's Bristol Rovers finished 5th and have the play offs to win. Good luck Mike.

Finished the season off last night since only Mike and Anthony had games left. Mike's Bristol Rovers lost 5 4 in the play offs so he is stuck in league 1 and Anthony's Portsmouth finished the season off beating Wigan 4-1, losing 1-0 to Liverpool then drawing 0-0 to Chelsea, and he finished 12th.

The game is on 24th June when we come back next tuesday lads, and extra time will be given to look for players. Don't forget Saturday's session is off due to Valentine's Day.

For those of you on the reserve list for this clan, we are at the end of the season so I am accepting new members. If you want in add me to your msn.

For those already in the game, the game is on 24th June right now, you will get 30 mins to look for potential transfer targets when the game is switched on, and then when the game reaches July 2nd (most out of contract players released by then) you will get another 15 or 20 mins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived