defense player instructions

Could anyone please help me with my player instructions for my back four cos i'm conceding loads of goals with southampton..i'm playin a standard 4-4-2 not too defensive or attacking.

i have my full backs on zonal marking and tight marking

i have my centre backs on man marking and no tight marking

My defense seems to get beaten by through balls even though my defensive line is on 7.

Is this wrong and how can i adjust it?

I would appreciate help. Cheers

Could anyone please help me with my player instructions for my back four cos i'm conceding loads of goals with southampton..i'm playin a standard 4-4-2 not too defensive or attacking.

i have my full backs on zonal marking and tight marking

i have my centre backs on man marking and no tight marking

My defense seems to get beaten by through balls even though my defensive line is on 7.

Is this wrong and how can i adjust it?

I would appreciate help. Cheers

Hey Jack,

According to the TTF'09 , all your defending and supporting players (those with forward runs set to rarely or mixed) should have man marking and tight marking. Furthermore I suggest that you set your CBs' mentality to 8. If your CBs have a decent pace & acceleration (more than 11) push your defence 3 notches up to 10. And don't forget to adjust your holding midfielder's mentality. (lower it if it's more than 10 and tick the hold up ball instruction.)

Good luck!

If you concede a lot you might want to try playing with zonal marking and no tight marking, depending on how good your back 4 actually are. They could just not be good enough to man mark and too slow to tight mark.

I turned around my entire season by switching to loose, zonal marking with my less than brilliant defense. Combined with a MCd intercepting many of the attempted through balls and a deep Defensive line, due to lack of pace, I'm now only really getting caught out on crosses. I'm now experimenting with a slightly wider width setting so that my full backs are closer to the opposition wingers.

Nothing works on this game, its a joke.

Obviously you know nothing. Infuture if you are not contributing to a thread then don't bother posting. If you have gripes about the game fine, but go about them in the proper way and give constructive critism and not just post pure crap like you did. Or you'll find yourself with a warning for not contributing.

Archived