Performance-Vista

Trux

I am running the game on a laptop that easily beats the min req for vista. 3D TV Mode on low settings is Jerky but watchable.

I don't get much of a performance improvement with OS visual themes turned off and no other uncritical processes running etc...

But I am wondering if, by running the game in compatibility mode with XP SP2, will I gain any performance?

Anyone know?

Not in a position to try at the mo.

When I first got the demo I had the same problem. I had to update my drivers and that worked. Don't trust the auto-update thing either; go to the manufacturer's website.

Also, try turning off all the stadiums and sky etc, then select the automatic setting in preferences.

Might help. Good luck.

hey guys im wondering if u could help me...i bought my fm 2009 game about a week ago now...and got really far into it....but my brother had changed the screen resolution to default...now whenever i turn the game on....it starts up...but it ends to where the credits are at the beggining of the game like where it says the game is an "official product of ac milan" ect.....and the screen jus goes black and the game doesnt continue....im wondering if there is any way i can set the game back to default settings? i would much appreciate it if someone could help me :)...cheers

You could try this....

Uninstall. Reboot then go check all fm2009 files are gone. (Program files and my documents and also if you have vista check c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ or if xp check c:\documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\)

If any folders remain then delete them. Be aware that you will lose saves though.

Reboot again then install.

I am running the game on a laptop that easily beats the min req for vista. 3D TV Mode on low settings is Jerky but watchable.

I don't get much of a performance improvement with OS visual themes turned off and no other uncritical processes running etc...

But I am wondering if, by running the game in compatibility mode with XP SP2, will I gain any performance?

Anyone know?

It did seem to for me when I was runing Vista on this machine.

I would definitely try it when you get the chance.

Here's how I got better performance in Vista:

1. Click the windows icon, click in the "Start search" box and type Defender. Click on Windows Defender when it pops up. Click tools then options. Now you have 2 possible choices.

1. Scroll to the bottom and uncheck Use Windows Defender.

OR

2. Scroll to advanced options, click Add next to "Do not scan these files or locations" and add

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe

-----------

Click the windows icon then Computer. Right click the drive you have the game installed on ( likely C: ) then click Properties. Then click Tools. Click "Defragment now".

I also strongly recommend opening your antivirus program and setting fm.exe as a trusted application. Since doing those 3 steps my FM runs a lot faster.

Archived