Official Leicester City Thread-Home Of The Foxes

II_Sub)(Zer0_II

Im also playing in the 9.2.0 database.

Can anyone help me, Im 5th in the Championship in my second season but i need a goalscoring striker. All of my goals are comming from random positions and none are comming from upfront. I have 500k to spend and i could really use one. Thanks

ive got a situation in my game lads. My wage budget is 122k and im only spending 113k but my balance is going down all the time and i dont know why!!! any suggestions??

check that you haven't a bank loan to pay back - not in front of the game at the moment but I am sure Leicester has too pay back a loan when you start the game

Both seasons I've suffered a big dip in form around February last til the end of the season... This seems to be common on my FM games any idea why? I do a preseason and I have tried resting players from training...

Second season finished in 13th which was reasonable. Brough a few new players so far through my game, most notably including including:

Steven Taylor (GK) , Villa , £600k

Luke Beevers (DC) , Sheff Weds , £500k

Ian Evatt (DC) , Blackpool , Free

Kerrea Gilbert (DR) , Arsenal , £600k

Tyron Mears (DR) , Derby , free (later sold to Leeds for £180k as couldn't hold off challenge from Gilbert)

Andrew Taylor (DL) , Middlesboro , £500k

Esdrado (AMR, ST) , Some Spanish Club , £300k

Pat McCourt (AMRL) , Celtic , £75k

Veluche Shumikilisko (DMC) , Ipswich , £475k

Brian Howard (AMLC) , Sheff Utd , £875k

Sam Parkin (ST) , Luton , Free

Emanuele Miranda (ST) , Genoa , Free

Dani (ST) , Zaragoza? , Free

Neil Mellor (ST) , Preston , Free

Most notable exit includes Tunchev (£2.1m) to Wigan... Will give better update when I have more time, but third season hoping to have a pop at playoffs!

check that you haven't a bank loan to pay back - not in front of the game at the moment but I am sure Leicester has too pay back a loan when you start the game

yeh 200k a month till 2019 lmao gt even more bad news as well tunchev wanted to leave and wouldnt sign a new contract :( so i had to sell him so he dint go on a bosman sold him to sunderland for 3.6m and bought papadopolous for 1.9m.

Im leicester and just about to start 3rd season an im in championship after loosing out on promotion in the playoff finals through penalties. Anway, my 2nd season in i sold Tunchev for 3m to ipswitch and bought matthew killgallon for 350k from sheff utd who got relegated. Anyhow, my CB's at the moment are Killgallon, Tordoya and Beevers. But i had an offer for Killgallon from numerous prem clubs of 3.5m (after i demanded it thinking they will loose interest). His current sale value is 350k and its a massive profit in only 1 season.

Should i sell him or not? hes been a rock at the back but the only thing stopping me from selling him is i've no replacement lined up and any "good" CB is worth 4m+ on my game. So can anyone make any suggestions as whether to sell and who i could replace him with. Thanks. :thup:

Eep looks like I got conned with Tunchev only getting 2.1mil! I'd sell Kilgallon for that you can do a lot with £3.5mil, and I usually find it easiest to find good centre backs. My game with Leicester so far has had a recurring theme - great the back but very poor at scoring. For example, last season I had the 4th best goals against record (finished 13th) but my goals scored would have had me in the relegation zone! This wasn't helped my Fryatt breaking his leg in January, so I ended up limping to the end of the season.

The tragic thing is this is my most successful FM game so far, and the furthest I have EVER played on Football Manager. I'd like to say I'm a newbie, but I started on CM97/98... Something about 09 just has my hooked!

Eep looks like I got conned with Tunchev only getting 2.1mil! I'd sell Kilgallon for that you can do a lot with £3.5mil, and I usually find it easiest to find good centre backs. My game with Leicester so far has had a recurring theme - great the back but very poor at scoring. For example, last season I had the 4th best goals against record (finished 13th) but my goals scored would have had me in the relegation zone! This wasn't helped my Fryatt breaking his leg in January, so I ended up limping to the end of the season.

The tragic thing is this is my most successful FM game so far, and the furthest I have EVER played on Football Manager. I'd like to say I'm a newbie, but I started on CM97/98... Something about 09 just has my hooked!

Well for your goals problem if ur in championship i highly recommend J. acuna. And M. Chrisantus is a striker my scouts found, i picked him up on a free he has a 7* potential ability and got 29 in all competitions in my 2nd season. Good luck and thanks :thup:

alright guys i signed papadopolous for a centre half for 1.9m from olymipiakos his first name begins with a k. also i play with lewandowski tyson and bradley wright phillips upfront rotating them each time if they have a bad game and seems to be doing the trick. im like 5th in the scoring charts. Im currently 10th in the championship after 30 odd games in my second season so like pablo will probz go for promotion next season and strengthen my squad in the summer.

EVEN BETTER AS A CITY FAN GREAT JOY STRUCK MY HEART WHEN I SAW THIS MESSAGE:

fm09greatnewsbz7.th.png

alright fellow city managers just about to start my 3rd season finished 10th in the championship last season so promotion is my goal. i got zaki, poli, campoli, hilario on fress and got rid of the dead wood so promotion should be achieveable also 14-1 to win the league as well.

Playoff zone in the Championship 3rd season, couple of promising regen forwards, one Italian one Spanish, just signed the latter in the January transfer window, hoping to kick on and finish in the playoffs. Still doing reasonably well but goalscoring has been a constant problem.

has anyone started a game with the city on the new patch? if so is there any difference in the players stats etc??

I hear Mattock's stats have been reduced a bit 9.3.0.

Not playing as city myself at the moment so can't be sure. Would be interested to see a screenie.

Just started my 1st season with Leicester and the signings so far are looking good...

Sander Westerveld - ex liverpool (FREE)

Hatem Trabelsi - ex man city (FREE)

Alexi Smertin - ex chelsea/portsmouth/fulhum (250k)

Steve Marlet - ex Fulhum (FREE)

Rodrigo Possebon - Man Utd (LOAN)

Cant wait to see how they get on...

Hi just finshed a season with leicester got promotion after finshing 2nd in the league Matty Fryatt was my top scorer on 25 goals in all comps. For any 1 needing a central midfielder look at gerard and goalkeeper wise i signed Pedro Jose Dorronsoro for 35k.

Just starting in the Championship and ive got some bargains

Gary Irvine - Free

Stephen Kelly - Free

Ben Foster - Free

Brian Howard - Free

Muncho - Loan

Struggleing in the Championship

Here are my players:

GK

Ben Foster

Pedro Jose Dorronsoro

DR

Stephen Kelly

Gary Irvine

DL

Joe Mattock

DC

Alexsandar Tunchev

Patrick Kisnorbo

Niel Clement

Ian Evatt

MR

Max Gradal

ML

Lyod Dyer

MC

Matt Oakley

Nicky Adams

Brian Howard

Andy King

Gerard

Jack Wilshere

ST

Matty Fryatt

Manucho

Valclav Kadlec

Rhys Murphy

Steve Howard

Managed to get Leicester promoted from the League One in my 1st season but disappointed about finishing 2nd.

season1.th.jpg

2nd Season was a dream and as a Leicester supporter couldn't be happier with WINNING the Championship on my 1st go. Lead the pack the whole season and beat everybody that stood in our way. Board expected to fight bravely against relegation but we blew the competition away.

season2l.th.jpg

Struggling to hold on in the Premier League at the moment but I feel we will be okay with the current squad we have.

squadg.th.jpg

season3rla.th.jpg

What do you think so far?

Simon who did you sign when you went into the Championship??? Im getting fed up with how ridiculously strong Leeds United are in my save... Grrrrrr

Leicester City have some decent players from their 1st season so make sure you keep a hold of:

Joe Mattock (WONDERKID) and Aleksandar Tunchev both are more than capable in the championship. Were you able to keep a hold of Kisnorbo? I lost him after my 1st season but he would have been great to have.

Also good to keep Michael Morrison, Matty Fryatt and Andy King.

Try Signing:

David Bellion - ST (Goalscoring machine from Bordeaux) Scored an amazing 25 Goals in only 21 Games. Only signed him for FREE on loan but unlocked an option to buy clause I had in the loan deal for a small fee of AUS $3.9M and he is now a starter in my EPL team.

Stephen Appiah - CM (Beast in the midfield) FREE

Renato Civelli - CB (FREE)

Glauber - CB (Great central defender) FREE transfer from Manchester City.

Stephen Kelly - DR (Amazing Fullback) FREE transfer from Birmingham.

Leroy Lita - ST (Good Striker) 23 Goals in 43 Games. FREE transfer from Reading.

Nwankwo Kanu - ST (Aging but useful Striker) FREE transfer from Portsmouth.

Joey O'Brien - DR/MC (Did incredible in the midfield for me) Another FREE transfer from Bolton.

Darren Ambrose - AMC (Great AMC and provides lots of assists) FREE transfer from Charlton.

Jerzy Dudek - GK (Great keeper for 1 last season) FREE transfer from Real Madrid.

Fredrik Ljungberg - AMR (Does a decent job on either wing) FREE transfer from Seattle.

Bradley Wright-Phillips - ST (Good striker, was backup for me but is more than capable as 1st choice, can even play on the right of midfield) AUS $675K from Southampton

Also some good backups in:

Dennis Gentenaar - GK (FREE from Ajax and and can hold down 1st team place)

Mahamed Kallon - AMC (FREE)

Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe - DR (AUS $30K from Celtic)

Haris Vuckic - AMC/ST (FREE from Domzale and HOT PROSPECT for the future)

Aaron Doran - AMR (LOAN from Blackburn, great for the future might look to sign)

HOPE THIS HELPS :D

Cheers mate, im just coming to the end of my first season and am in the middle of clawing back a 12 point deficit on Leeds. Got it down to 4 points...

I really want to try and keep Rodrigo Possebon from Man Utd, so far he has scored about 6-7 30yard curving shots into the top corner!!! Love it!!!

Woohoo into the Championship...

After being 12 points behind leeds with about 10 games to go we finally finished only 3 points behind. IIRC Leeds United finished with 104 points whilst Leicester City had 101 points so quite a good season for both teams to be honest.

What really got my back up though was after getting the team promoted to the Championship the board were "unhappy" with me because i did win the league. Oh and after finishing 2nd and getting promoted with 101 points i got a measly £100,000 prize money, surely thats not right???

Woohoo into the Championship...

After being 12 points behind leeds with about 10 games to go we finally finished only 3 points behind. IIRC Leeds United finished with 104 points whilst Leicester City had 101 points so quite a good season for both teams to be honest.

What really got my back up though was after getting the team promoted to the Championship the board were "unhappy" with me because i did win the league. Oh and after finishing 2nd and getting promoted with 101 points i got a measly £100,000 prize money, surely thats not right???

When you were asked for start of season expectations did you say you would just get promoted or win the title because if you said you would win the title that is why they would be unhappy. :p

No i never like to say that i will win the league because it puts too much pressure on yourself unless your in a league where you seriously are the strongest team such as Porto or Lyon in their respective leagues. I said i would get them promotion and thats what i got...but still £100,000 for getting promoted to the championship is riduculous especially when i then paid out £300,000 in league bonuses???

currently in my third season and am sixth in premier league 8 games to go

Just a quick question seeing as your further into the game then i am, do you currently have a shirt sponsor as mine ran out and no im not revieving any sponsorship apart from the "10 year stadium sponsor agreement"?

Would also be interested in any screen shots...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first summer is a bit brutal isn't it! No money to spend, not many good frees out there, and Mattock with only one year left on his contract and refusing to sign a new one. Only managed to pick up a couple of youngsters, not got enough cash to get anyone else in. And now Mattock has got injured so I can't even offload him to get some funds in. Having to turn down bids for Morrison and Tunchev as I am cripplingly short on defensive cover too.

Got Leicester into the Premiership via the playoffs in 2013.

Opening day victory over Liverpool at home, other notably displays beating Man Utd at Old Trafford 1-0.

Haven't been higher than 12th but 7-8 points above the relegation spots with about 8 games left.

Keep getting points off the teams below me so quietly confident I will stop up.

Also moved into International management, took over as Austria manager, beat Germany 3-1 on their home patch and qualified for the World Cup and ranked 12th in the world.

Happy Days!

Anyone looking for a keeper should check out A lad called carrusso(forgive the spelling) from Montpellier. He's only 20 and according to my scout reports i've had on him has the potential to play in the premiership bargain for 50k.

• 2 months later...

I'm currently top of League One with Leicester at the start of Feb, ten points clear with the best defence (Only conceded around 8 goals) and the best attack (50+ goals scored). I joined in the Summer of 09, having fulfilled my obligations to Airdrie Utd and getting them promoted to the SPL, I thought it was time for a change.

I wasn't allowed to choose season expectations, but the board expected us to gain promotion to the Championship. The squad already had a number of quality players, with Tunchev, Mattock, Berner, Fryatt and King still there. The GK spot was pinpointed as a possible weak spot, so I brought in Hilario and a young French player called Ludovic Buttelle, both on freebies.

Mattock had one year left on his contract and refused to sign an extension, so I gave him until November to sign. Come November he refused to sign an extension so I had no choice but to sell. He went to Zenit eventually for a fee of £100k (He was only worth £110k) upfront plus bonuses totalling to around £600k, with a 25% of next transfer fee. A player to add to the already established members of the squad was brought in under the previous regime, an Ivorian winger called Max Gradel. An absolutely fantastic little player and one that I'd never heard of before. Unfortunately Milan accepted a bid of £1.9m for him in Jan, when I could have easily gotten more for him. Before leaving Gradel held the most assists for the league with 19. Another departue in Jan was Tunchev, due to him being unsettled and wanting to leave. I managed to get £2m for him, which I then invested on bringing in James Tomkins and Daniel de Ridder from Wigan.

To add to the squad I also brought in Ismodes, a Peruvian winger. In midfield I added Michael Modubi and Michael Woods on loan from Chelsea and up front brought in Febian Brandy on loan from Man U.

We're currently in the semi final of the JPT against Soton, with a 4-0 lead from the first leg. Got knocked out of the League Cup by Blackburn, losing 2 - 1 and in the fifth round of the FA Cup with Chelsea at home our next test.

With a ten point lead at the top of the league, we should gain promotion with only an absolute catastrophe stopping us now.

I have just finished my 1st season with Leicester. Finished on top with only a single defeat all season, including a 38 match unbeaten streak in the league. Mattlock and Gradel were great all season and young Ashley Chambers was a great finsiher towards the middle on the season. I signed Serget Krivetts. Look at getting hime, great through the middle of the park or the right wing.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone been looking for this thread a while enjoying reading everyone's stories about their challenge with Leicester i'm currently in my second season. I won the Coca - Cola League one title with 96 points first season however struggling a bit in the Championship about 6 or 7 games in and i'm flirting with the Relegation places my squad off the top of my head is -

Casper Ankergren

Stephen Bywater

Michel Salgado

Lars Jacobsen

Nuno Valente

Ben Thatcher

Fitz Hall

Ivan Helguera

Tomas Repka

Patrick Kisnorbo

Rufete

Andy Robinson

Bradley Johnson

Wes Hoolahan

David Prutton

Matt Holland

Charlie Adam

Jason Euell

Mark Viduka

Matty Fryatt

Robert Snodgrass

Jean-claude Darcheville

Leroy Lita

I am confident with the depth in my squad that i can pull away from Relegation and have a first season of consolidation maybe reach play-offs results (again off the top of my head)

Leicester City 3 Nottingham Forest 3 Championship

Morecambe 1 Leicester City 4 Carling cup

Leicester City 0 Barnsley 1 Championship

Crystal Palace 0 Leicester 0 Championsip

Stoke City 3 Leicester City 0 Carling Cup

Leicester City 1 Plymouth Argyle 1 Championship

Burnley 3 Leicester City 0 Championship

Like i said not the greatest of starts but i am happy with the perfomance levels

Didn't lose a game at home in the league last year not so convincing away from home i'll keep you updated on how my Championship Season pans out

Archived