FM Survey concept

Hello SI,

I thought about writing a review of FM09, a formal way of providing some constructure considered feedback. Have SI thought about creating an online survey? I think that would be a really neat way of obtaining some structured feedback.

I would structure it:

User profile

FM2009 rated: inc game play, speed, bugs, features etc etc importance of each

FM2010 requests: new features, aspects game needs to improve on. Rate importance of each request.

There is a 'Constructive Feedback' thread on this first page that was started by Jimbokav which will cover the first part of your suggested structure. There is also a wishlist thread which will cover the second part.

While a survey may be a decent idea I feel that mostly it will be the people who have had problems that will take the time to complete it and you may end up with skewed results. SI and SEGA will already have a good idea of how people feel about the game both from sales and from the feedback provided in this forum.

I would say they have no data to really pinpoint anything, unboutably they understand some of frustrations but those are only from a certain percentage of users. I don't think SI can say for sure that they understand what people expect and hope for and the importance of expected improvements. And whislt I am sure these forujms prove invaluable what better way to collate opinions than through a survey? It has to be more worthwhile and useful than trawling 100's of threads and only getting an impression. You said that the results would be skewed, I would argue that the threads are skewed and those who are happy are less likely to to say so. Threads often come about in moments of frustration and very little feedback as I say is considered and strucutured.

Archived