Coaches' attributes aren't very good in this edition either - here's a workaround

The Gaffovski

One of the things I wasn't happy about in FM 2008 was the coaches attributes, unfortunately the general level of coaches in FM 2009 is just as bad or worse. Not that it matters much, I've read..... but still, I'm fussy with attributes.

I went into the 09 database and tweaked some coaches exactly as I had done for 08, and when I loaded up the game they did not achieve what I was aiming at. For example, the highest Technique was 15 when I was aiming for 18-20.

Doing a staff search I noticed that Andre Vilas Boa had amazing all-round attributes, and I also saw that for Staff Role, he had a high level for Scout as well as for Coach.

So I go back to the database and give an 18 to all my Coaches for Scout preference (apart from their 20 for Coach preference), save and start up a new game and hey presto, now they have 18+ for Technique along with better all-round attributes.

Something similar also works for Fitness Coaches. You give them 20 for Fitness Coach and 18+ for Coach, and they get much higher attributes.

Hope this helps anyone not having much luck using the database to get seven star coaches.

Archived