Player moving to a club offering half the wage because they are disappointed with the wage we offered them

Can anyone explain this? The player was disappointed with the 2.5 million a year wage I offered to him so he accepted half that from another club?
And before anyone mentions the generous release clause they offered him, I offered him a $0 release clause.

image.png.a86c03218e4f5a564065e7848da8261c.png

image.thumb.png.74237b7e81f2f85fdbf961bcf178c444.png

I’m guessing that you have a higher reputation, therefore he expected you to pay more, plus Elche most likely offered a higher squad status

I’d post it in the bug forum, it’s hard to see how that is working as intended.

On 13/05/2024 at 02:00, NineCloudNine said:

I’m guessing that you have a higher reputation, therefore he expected you to pay more, plus Elche most likely offered a higher squad status

I’d post it in the bug forum, it’s hard to see how that is working as intended.

Definitely a bug. Assuming Elche is still in Segunda Division and 1860 Muchen is in the Bundesliga and not in 3. Liga. Looks like he was offered star player, more money, even if it was less than expected its still €1M more per year, and a min fee release clause of €0, which after paying €8.25M seems ridiculous as well.

I don't see how being disappointed with a €1M per year wage hike translates into taking an lesser offer and a lateral wage move into a lower division. Seems a bit of cut off your nose to spite your face sort of move. If the offers were close in wage value then I can understand going elsewhere or if it was a team that had a strong reputation of developing players i.e. the Dortmund model but I don't think that's factored in the game unless you explicitly promise the allow club to be stepping stone. Can't make sense of this one. Not even like he's Spanish and going "home".

28 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Definitely a bug. Assuming Elche is still in Segunda Division and 1860 Muchen is in the Bundesliga and not in 3. Liga. Looks like he was offered star player, more money, even if it was less than expected its still €1M more per year, and a min fee release clause of €0, which after paying €8.25M seems ridiculous as well.

I don't see how being disappointed with a €1M per year wage hike translates into taking an lesser offer and a lateral wage move into a lower division. Seems a bit of cut off your nose to spite your face sort of move. If the offers were close in wage value then I can understand going elsewhere or if it was a team that had a strong reputation of developing players i.e. the Dortmund model but I don't think that's factored in the game unless you explicitly promise the allow club to be stepping stone. Can't make sense of this one. Not even like he's Spanish and going "home".

I think what happens is that the game treats each contract offer as a separate event. There’s a wage and playing status the player expects *which is different for each club* depending on the club’s reputation relative to his. So he rejects an offer which fails to reach his expectation for one club, but accepts another which exceeds his expectation for that club, even though it’s lower in absolute terms.

I do like that wage isn’t everything. It is good to have a player accept a lower wage at a smaller club in return for higher squad status and more guaranteed playing time. It just seems over-tuned in some instances.

2 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I think what happens is that the game treats each contract offer as a separate event. There’s a wage and playing status the player expects *which is different for each club* depending on the club’s reputation relative to his. So he rejects an offer which fails to reach his expectation for one club, but accepts another which exceeds his expectation for that club, even though it’s lower in absolute terms.

I do like that wage isn’t everything. It is good to have a player accept a lower wage at a smaller club in return for higher squad status and more guaranteed playing time. It just seems over-tuned in some instances.

Agreed yes it shouldn't be just about wage. Home country or close to home should have a weight. Also prospect of playing more or being able to showcase abilities should be heavily weighted for young players. I'd like the game to take into consideration that if you have a player's primary position blocked by key players and/or other young players, they're less interested in your team and it'd be very hard to sign them away from a squad that has a clearer playing time pathway for them. I think that'd go a long way to stopping the "wonderkid hoarding" that human players can do.

I know its also unpopular but players should also complain about playing time more and asking to move or play especially if they have high ambition and determination traits. It doesn't have to result in a full disaster or mutiny but I'd like the players to have a little more personality to make the game a little harder to maintain success year after year.