Hello!

I like to use as many positions as possible in my formation, and I like symmetry. Do you think this could work? (mowing a DM up to CM) Perhaps play through middle and narrow etc I guess? The analysis tab seems OK? I see Knap has a few succesful 4-1-1-3-1 but unfortunately they are assymetrical. Do you see problems with this symmetrical version? Thanks in advance!

image.png.901e0847ea9af1a504b21e9524f2f9c8.pngimage.png.8bfe9bae676b4f3d508468861ce00b82.png

14 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

like to use as many positions as possible in my formation, and I like symmetry. Do you think this could work? 

I'm not sure what advantage you would gain by staggering your double pivot.

W/out the double DM you leave your double wingbacks exposed in transition. I think you'd also find building up from the back more difficult with the advanced AP compared to the traditional double pivot. 

The all attack role front line can also cause issues and a visual gap between them and the defensive unit. 

Edited by Cloud9

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

I'm not sure what advantage you would gain by staggering your double pivot.

W/out the double DM you leave your double wingbacks exposed in transition. I think you'd also find building up from the back more difficult with the advanced AP compared to the traditional double pivot. 

The all attack role front line can also cause issues and a visual gap between them and the defensive unit. 

Good input, appreciated :thup:

Yeah I started up a save to run som games with it and it didnt convince me exactly. I read up on double pivot and kind of understand why noone is doing this alternative version :) So I kind of buried this idea for now. I also noticed that mezzala and carrilero aren't available for a single MC. That made the DM roles of segundo volante, regista and RPM feel even more exciting again actually.

For the FM future I will continue to look for the formations that use most positions on the pitch, simply because it makes it easier to find players for your formation and to fit in the youth players you get ;P A bit exaggerated but there are like 10x as many OMLCR in the game than MLCR for example.

Edited by Dreambuilder

23 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

Good input, appreciated :thup:

Yeah I started up a save to run som games with it and it didnt convince me exactly. I read up on double pivot and kind of understand why noone is doing this alternative version :) So I kind of buried this idea for now. I also noticed that mezzala and carrilero aren't available for a single MC. That made the DM roles of segundo volante, regista and RPM feel even more exciting again actually.

For the FM future I will continue to look for the formations that use most positions on the pitch, simply because it makes it easier to find players for your formation and to fit in the youth players you get ;P A bit exaggerated but there are like 10x as many OMLCR in the game than MLCR for example.

Yea, there's a lot of attacking talent in world football at the moment. I personally retrain DM's or FB's for Midfield strata players as they frequently have the attributes I'm looking for on a MLCR for example. 

The key issue to me is that it feels unrealistic. What real life team would line up this way on the pitch? It would break immersion for me to use this in-game because the midfield doesn't cover the pitch laterally.

The other obvious issue is the use of three advanced playmakers. That seems unbalanced to me. Of course, unbalanced can still work in FM, but it wouldn't feel very realistic either.

9 hours ago, Overmars said:

The key issue to me is that it feels unrealistic. What real life team would line up this way on the pitch? It would break immersion for me to use this in-game because the midfield doesn't cover the pitch laterally.

The other obvious issue is the use of three advanced playmakers. That seems unbalanced to me. Of course, unbalanced can still work in FM, but it wouldn't feel very realistic either.

Yes nevermind the roles, I just picked the best roles of the players. Yeah I agree, I’m also after immersion and you have a good point there. Continuing with the normal 4-2-3-1 until theres something better out there :)