League2 Ontario promotion.

Starting this year, Canada have introduced League2 Ontario. This league is for '2' or 'B' sides and potential expansion sides.

The format is 3 conferences with the top team from each, and the best 2nd placed side, going on to play each other in a knockout to determine the champion and promotion.

All teams will face each other team in their conference twice, once at home and once away. The winners of the three conferences plus the best 2nd placed team will qualify for the League2 play-offs, made up by two semi.finals and the final. The winner of the play-offs will be crowned as League2 winner and will be automatically promoted to the 2025 League1 Ontario Championship alongside the losing finalist as the Championship division will expand to 12 teams for the next season. The losing semi-finalists will play each other in the promotion play-offs and the winner will finally face the last placed club of the Championship division to eventually replace it in the 2nd division.

However, my understanding is that '2' or 'B' teams can't be promoted. What would happen if all the teams that qualify for the playoff are either '2' or 'B' sides? Can this even be done within the editor?

I am still trying to confirm whether or not the '2' teams cannot be promoted, but I will tag @yellowsweatygorilla as he may be able to confirm this either way.

By default, B teams ineligible for promotion are excluded from promotion playoffs. If you want them to participate, try enabling "Can non-promoted teams play in top playoffs" in Promotion/Relegation settings (I haven't done this before).

7 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

The rule is that no club can have multiple teams in the same division, so if the first team was in L1O Championship, and their reserve team wins L2O, the reserve team will remain in L2O.

What settings would one need to use in the editor? And who would take the place of the respective reserve team should they finish in a promotion position?