How to transfer Guardiola's 2008 Barcelona tactics into FM24?

hello,

I have started a save as the mighty Blaugrana in fm24, furthermore in the madscientist's 2008 database.

I am now in December and I have been changing the tactic employed by me throughout the save, as I have not yet achieved my goal, being implementing the short passing, position-based tactics used by Pep in his early Barcelona days. 

I have had 2 main issues - the midfield roles, and Messi.

I am employing a midfield of Márquez as half back, Iniesta as an advanced playmaker on attack and Xavi as a centre mid on support. This ties in directly to the Messi issue - I am sometimes unable to dominate games (>60% possession). Could I change these roles in any way to improve that?

The second issue is the Messi one. I have tried like 5 different roles on Messi now, usually returning back to Trequartista in the striker position. What role would enable me to use Messi as a 4th man in the midfield (in a diamond midfield, such as the one used during the 6-1 win against Atletico Madrid in 2008), while also enabling him to score goals? I have tried playing him as a false 9, however in that case I am not sure how I should manage the 2 "wingers" on his side.

Thank you, below is the tactic that I am currently using - it is quite inconsistent, as I just beat Chelsea 4-0 in the CL group stages, however I fail in other cases.

tacitc.png.2566c877e7ab7891c5e14c3d2f2053d1.png

From what I remember messi played on the right whilst eto'o was still at the club and wasnt a first team player at that point. Iniesta was more of a space player and not an actual playmaker so changing his role and adding either ap support or dlp support to xavi would be better. In my opinion you also struggle to achieve possession and control with so many attacking duties at the one time so changing a few might help.

Rb - wing back attack

Lb- wing back defend

Rcb -bpd defend

Lcb - cd defend

Dm - dm support

Rcm - ap support/dlp support

Lcm - mezz - support

Rw - IF - support

Lw - IF - attack

St - CF - attack/support

That would be my choice if I was playing it

• 2 weeks later...