Skinning Random Knowledge Dump

TCSSkin

Feel free to post anything in here that doesn't deserve it's own thread, but might be useful to share.

I'll start, the ratio for the text values is roughly 1.34051428571429, so to get a specific font size, divide your desired number by the factor.

image.png.93e228d1bf39aac64fb36f05fcd3939b.png

For example, when making files, if you want 24px font, calculate 24/1.34051428571429. This gives you a value of 17.90, which if you put in the game will roughly be 24px. It's not spot on, but it varies by resolution and zoom settings.

• Removing all graphics from your FM folder greatly reduces to reload time between testing changes.
  • https://codebeautify.org/xmlviewer is absolutely amazing for working out structure and also beautifying your code
  • https://materialui.co/colors is great for finding an exact colour you want 
  • Dropping messages to other forum members can help create friendships and is also great for bouncing ideas of each other or finding a resolution you've been pulling your hair out over
  • removing <global id="inset" name="ui.main_content_margin"/> in places can increase your space such as removing it from your CoB to get edge to edge rather than gaps to the sides

47 minutes ago, JustHowie said:
  • Removing all graphics from your FM folder greatly reduces to reload time between testing changes.

Yep. I exclusively build without graphics. Also speeds up boot times if you're editing classes and such. Only thing i find is logos are a bit difficult as most logo packs have a inset on the logos.

If you use Notepad++, you don't need to use this. There's a plugin called XMLTools that i've been using since maybe 2017/18, to install it go to Plugins > Plugins Admin and search for XMLTools. You can configure your own hotkeys (I use Ctrl+Shift+P)

Here are the plugins I use

image.png.d569a698fda7f851fd4e51ca91221e83.png

AutoSave: Does what it says on the tin
Newfile&Browser: Don't use it, installed thinking it was something else.
Snippets: Allows you to save snippets of code, you can quickly copy in, for example common containers you use

image.png.4eb523bd5f1e01097f30b4a60150f5ce.png
XMLTools: Adds a ton of cool stuff for XML files such as pretty print and linearise
Zoom Disabler: Disables the ctrl+scrollwheel zoom, i always end up doing it when copy and pasting code

• Dropping messages to other forum members can help create friendships and is also great for bouncing ideas of each other or finding a resolution you've been pulling your hair out over

Yep. @GIMN has to put up with my annoying ass on a near daily basis, asking him how to something despite having like 7/8 years more experience then him. Nah im joking, because him and myself have incredibly different design ideologies, it's always useful to float ideas off him and get an opinion from a different perspective