can PI's reaplce TI's and Roles?

Hi. 

I wanted to know if it's possible to get several if not all of the TI's through PI's or not

for example if I'll give all of my players a "Take More Risks" Instruction is it the same as just giving a team order of "Be More Expressive"?

also can I use a PI to make a player beahve like a diffrent role just a bit less aggressive?

for example using a WB role but instructing him to sit narrow will it make him beahve like a IWB just a bit wider version of him?(instead of getting in the middle than he will get in the "half space" 

Edited by shalev900

• shalev900 changed the title to can PI's reaplce TI's and Roles?
57 minutes ago, shalev900 said:

Hi. 

I wanted to know if it's possible to get several if not all of the TI's through PI's or not

for example if I'll give all of my players a "Take More Risks" Instruction is it the same as just giving a team order of "Be More Expressive"?

also can I use a PI to make a player beahve like a diffrent role just a bit less aggressive?

for example using a WB role but instructing him to sit narrow will it make him beahve like a IWB just a bit wider version of him?(instead of getting in the middle than he will get in the "half space" 

They are different things, so you will not get a replication of the TI through the PIs.

Be more expressive is essentially a flair modifier, where as take more risks will see the player take more risks on the ball (dribble a bit more, pass into space to break lines, etc). 
You can use PIs to customize roles, but the role will still have specific hardcoding to it under the hood that you can't see in the PI screen. Roles like DM(s) can be useful in part because they come w less baggage like this. A WB w/sit narrow instruction will behave differently from an IWB. 

You can use PI's in conjunction with TI's to get interactions you're looking for. 

I usually use a fairly blank TI slate and then go into the PIs of each player to get what I want from them.

These are the right questions to be asking :thup: understanding this part of the game is key to putting  together effective tactics that can get the best out of  players (esp. if they're more limited profiles). 

Edited by Cloud9

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

They are different things, so you will not get a replication of the TI through the PIs.

Be more expressive is essentially a flair modifier, where as take more risks will see the player take more risks on the ball (dribble a bit more, pass into space to break lines, etc). 
You can use PIs to customize roles, but the role will still have specific hardcoding to it under the hood that you can't see in the PI screen. Roles like DM(s) can be useful in part because they come w less baggage like this. A WB w/sit narrow instruction will behave differently from an IWB. 

You can use PI's in conjunction with TI's to get interactions you're looking for. 

I usually use a fairly blank TI slate and then go into the PIs of each player to get what I want from them.

These are the right questions to be asking :thup: understanding this part of the game is key to putting  together effective tactics that can get the best out of  players (esp. if they're more limited profiles). 

thanks for the answer, a follow up questions
is there a place to see how each TI affects the players(like you explained on take more risks)? or I can only understad it by the description and watching in during game?

Edited by shalev900

1 hour ago, shalev900 said:

thanks for the answer, a follow up questions
is there a place to see how each TI affects the players(like you explained on take more risks)? or I can only understad it by the description and watching in during game?

Here's a rough guideline of them: https://www.guidetofm.com/tactics/team-instructions/ although I will say I don't agree with everything that's written in there, especially on the usage of different mentalities (which are basically the amount of risk your asking your team to play with). Take it all with a grain of salt, but it's a decent starting point for understanding what is a very vague TI interface. I'd also recommend reading through some of the stickied threads at the top of the forum.

I will tag in @herne79 if there is a more comprehensive, up to date guide that has been written lately. 

Edited by Cloud9

10 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

Here's a rough guideline of them: https://www.guidetofm.com/tactics/team-instructions/ although I will say I don't agree with everything that's written in there, especially on the usage of different mentalities (which are basically the amount of risk your asking your team to play with). Take it all with a grain of salt, but it's a decent starting point for understanding what is a very vague TI interface. I'd also recommend reading through some of the stickied threads at the top of the forum.

I will tag in @herne79 if there is a more comprehensive, up to date guide that has been written lately. 

The only up to date guide I’m aware of is the Online Manual linked at the top of the forum.  This link heads to the Tactics section where descriptions of TI and PIs are found.  Combine that with the in game descriptions for a decent starting point :thup:.

On 26/03/2024 at 04:09, shalev900 said:

"Take More Risks" Instruction is it the same as just giving a team order of "Be More Expressive"?

Makes it important for SI to release a glossary where they define all the terms clearly. These two instructions don't have the same impact. One covers a broad range of player actions and the other influences how much license a player has to exercise his creative freedom. Then you have things like mentality which on lower levels reduce the individual creative freedoms for players and increases it as mentality goes up.  Personally when it comes to TIs and more importantly PIs, the better the player the less likely I am to use PIs. For tactics I only use team instructions if I am after a specific playstyle. When in doubt i keep that slider in the middle.