B Team vs Under-19's?

Not posted in a long while...

I'm FC Andorra in FM22 and have reached the dizzying heights of La Liga and I have one question.

Am I better off putting 'older' youth players in my B team or leaving them in my uner-19's? Now, neither teams are in a recognised league. I know when a player reaches 18 they're development is much better if they're playing first team senior football so am I right in thinking I'd be better off moving a bunch of them into my B team.

Does that make sense?

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not posted in a long while...

I'm FC Andorra in FM22 and have reached the dizzying heights of La Liga and I have one question.

Am I better off putting 'older' youth players in my B team or leaving them in my uner-19's? Now, neither teams are in a recognised league. I know when a player reaches 18 they're development is much better if they're playing first team senior football so am I right in thinking I'd be better off moving a bunch of them into my B team.

Does that make sense?

Neither. Loan them out. Since they won't get real game time (unless you always schedule friendlies for your B team). Older players won't be played in u19 team because of the rules. While to my knowledge Andorra would not have a "real" B Team in a competitive league like Barcelona or Real Sociedad have. It's just a reserve team for which you constantly have to schedule friendlies yourself if you want players there to get any game time.

Edited by crusadertsar

4 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Neither. Loan then out. Since they won't get real game time (unless you always schedule friendlies for your B team). Older players won't be played in u19 team because of the rules. While to my knowledge Andorra would not have a "real" B Team in a competitive league like Barcelona or Real Sociedad have. It's just a reserve team for which you constantly have to schedule friendlies yourself if you want players there to get any game time.

I did think this but sometimes FM fills in the player stats as if they were in a real league and I wondered if this would have any effect? Take for example this regen I signed;

image.png.86ee9e8d581fc77cad6cefdf40d645d3.png

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I did think this but sometimes FM fills in the player stats as if they were in a real league and I wondered if this would have any effect? Take for example this regen I signed;

image.png.86ee9e8d581fc77cad6cefdf40d645d3.png

Yeah I know but their development will never be as good as if they were playing real games. Ideally it's always better if they are playing 1st team minutes somewhere, even if it's 3rd League in Spain, rather then if game just auto-generates their stats.

Here's something I figured out about this, as I've had the same questions. 

If you have the in-game editor, you can help your B (or II) team move into a playable league by increasing the team's Reputation. I read this somewhere and tried it on my B-team in Germany, and the next season my B team is now playing in the 3rd division, which is playable in my save. 

If my B team is in a playable league I get rid of my U18 team via the editor and play all of the best U18 players in the B team. This allows you to focus on the very best players from your youth intake and have complete control of development from the age of 15 till they make their first team debut without having to loan them out as well as lowering the costs to your club.  I essentially do what Brentford did with one difference that my B team are in a playable league.

Edited by Dr Naysay

On 06/03/2024 at 11:16, Dr Naysay said:

If my B team is in a playable league I get rid of my U18 team via the editor and play all of the best U18 players in the B team. This allows you to focus on the very best players from your youth intake and have complete control of development from the age of 15 till they make their first team debut without having to loan them out as well as lowering the costs to your club.  I essentially do what Brentford did with one difference that my B team are in a playable league.

But from the ages of 15-18 they just need good coaching. I'd much prefer to separate the young youth and older youth / reserves.

I might try the in-game editor and see what happens .  I've never used it before. It's annoying having a youth team and B that doesn't do anything.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I might try the in-game editor and see what happens .  I've never used it before. It's annoying having a youth team and B that doesn't do anything.

It's working out really well for me. All these guys I have who are too old for the youth team, but aren't quite ready for first team, are developing very well. And it has the added benefit of these guys also remaining on my team and becoming home grown as opposed to loaning them out.