AMAZING GOAL MACHINE OP TACTIC: ANCELOTTI'S 4-3-1-2 EMULATION 172 GOALS IN 1 SEASON ALL TROPHIES WON

Carletto Ancelotti's Real Madrid 2023-2024: 4-3-1-2 tactic

Carletto Ancelotti's Real Madrid 2023-2024: 4-3-1-2 tactic

Hi guys, last time I posted a different version of Carlo Ancelotti's Real Madrid tactic, with a diamond shaped midfield and a defensive midfielder who should provide more cover to our defense, especially in the space between the central midfield and the defense. That was Casemiro's role and as we analyzed before, without the Brazilian defensive midfielder, in this season Real Madrid keeps conceeding the same goals from the same spaces.
This time I tried to emulate Ancelotti's tactic in a more realistic way. First of all, even if Tchouameni or Camavinga can drop deeper to cover the defense creating a diamond shape midfield, Real Madrid's typical shape this year is a 4-3-1-2 with a central midfielders trio, usually Valverde, Tchouameni and Modric or Kroos but Ancelotti has a great number of solutions in his midfield, so he can often change. What he surely understood is that he can't easily drop Modric and Kroos from his starting XI because Camaving and Tchouameni are far from reaching the same level of the former Croatian balon d'or and the German champion.
The player who made a great debut in Real Madrid is surely Bellingham, the English wonderkids is absolutely a gem and he will surely become (if he is not yet) one of the strongest players in the next 10-15 years.
After Benzema left Real to go to Saudi Arabia, many thought that the blancos lost all their goal scoring power, but Bellingham, even if playing as an advanced midfielder, replaced Benzema's scoring 10 goals in the first 10 games and providing many assists to his teammmates, besides he can also drop a bit deeper to help the team build-up play.
So let's examine how I recreated this tactic in Football Manager 2024. I created two tactics, one for home matches, one for away matches, with only one difference, the central midfielder duty is support in the first and defend in the second version. First of all, the basic shape is a 4-3-1-2, the back fours are Carvajal as a wing-back in support (no player instructions) and Mendy as a wing-back in attack (no player instructions). The two central defenders are Rudiger and Alaba as ball-playing defenders in defend with only one instruction to dribble more. This way they will carry the ball forward and contribute to build-up the play.
In the midfielder trio, we find Valverde as right-midfielder with the role of a mezzala in support (tackle harder and shoot more often to take advantage of his great long range shooting ability), Tchouameni in the centre with the role of a central midfiender in support (or in defend in the second tactic) instructed to take fewer risks and tackle harder, to disrupt the opponents play and Modrid (or Kroos) as deep-lying playmaker in support, the real core of Real Madrid's midfield.
The attacking midfielder is Jude Bellingham (replaced sometimes by Brahim Diaz), he is an attacking midfielder in attack and I instructed him to roam from position because I want him to find spaces and move into channels because I want him to move into the box, and of course tackle harder, he has to win the ball back as soon as possible. The two strikers, Vinicius Jr. and Rodrygo are two advanced forward in attack with the following instructions: tackle harder (they have to press the defendants and win the ball), roam from position ( they can find spaces to carry the ball or try to score) and stay wider (they can move also to the flank and act as inside forwards). As I said in the previous tactic analysis, I do not like to use a couple of players in the same position and with the same role, especially attacking players, such as I did here, Vinicius Jr. and Rodrygo both advanced forwards, but this is the more realistic way to emulate their play in this season. If you want you can change Rodrygo to a complete forward to make him link up the play more.

For tactic explanation, stats and highlights, please check my video here

If you liked my video please smash the like button and subscribe to my channel to keep updated with my newest contents

Thanks eveyrone 

Ancelotti's Real Madrid 2023-2024 4-3-1-2 Home.fmf Ancelotti's Real Madrid 2023-2024 4-3-1-2 away 202.fmf

Edited by tikitakamaster

Well I'd been using a 4-2-1-1-2 formation that had managed to get a team with the 2nd lowest budget in the Premier League to finish 6th and 8th in my first two seasons.

I've just changed to tactic this mid-way through the 3rd season where I was 4th but on a run of 1 win in 7 and hardly putting 3 passes together.

Just won 7 league games in a row...

P 7 W 7 D0 L0 GF 16 GA 2

6 clean sheets.

Looking good so far!

Il 26/2/2024 in 23:37 , Grifty ha scritto:

Well I'd been using a 4-2-1-1-2 formation that had managed to get a team with the 2nd lowest budget in the Premier League to finish 6th and 8th in my first two seasons.

I've just changed to tactic this mid-way through the 3rd season where I was 4th but on a run of 1 win in 7 and hardly putting 3 passes together.

Just won 7 league games in a row...

P 7 W 7 D0 L0 GF 16 GA 2

6 clean sheets.

Looking good so far!

I am happy that it works for you. I did not tested with other clubs than Real Madrid so I was not sure it can work with non-elite clubs, thank you for trying it. Please keep it up.

Il 2/3/2024 in 13:43 , NickMegarity ha scritto:

can i ask what are the differances between version 1 & 2 ?

yes, version 1 is a 4-1-2-1-2 that means the one of the central midfielders (Tchouameni) drops deeper compared to the others, he plays closer to the defenders (and he links defense and midfield and covers spaces).  In version 2, we have a 4-3-1-2 with that "3" being a midfielders trio who plays  on the same line, one along the others, so also Tchouameni plays between Modric (or Kroos) and Valverde and contributes more to the attacking phase too. Version 2 is a closer (more faithful) reproduction of what Ancelotti is doing now at Real.