My time at Torquay

Blarney

FA Trophy

Third Round

FAtrophy3.thumb.png.b95c705bd875fa53f69b1233ab43eb35.png

Another big tourney win.

The boys pulled together today and really put on a show out there for our supporters.

You allowed only 9 shots today with only 2 on goal.  How did you shut Altrincham down.

Not as well as they shut us down since we only managed 4 shots with 3 on goal.  The difference is we got one past them and they didn't.  Honestly we trained really hard the past couple of days in front of goal.  We knew they were going to come at us given how our last few tourney matches have gone.  They probably felt we were weakest in front of goal and that was definitely something we needed to shore up.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Twenty-Four

24.thumb.png.447393b18fb4b74d3815cfa24a75cc60.png

This win puts you at the top of the table by goal difference.  How satisfied are you with the way the club is playing right now?

I'd say pretty darn satisfied.  We're on a good roll.  We're winning some games that maybe before were ending up in a draw.  We're just in good form right now but that doesn't mean we can stop and think that it couldn't change at a moments notice if we get complacent.

December in Review

Schedule

schedule.png.4258c8e7c12ecbe26f5ab85ffa181654.png

Excellent month for the club.  We did lose in the 2nd round of the FA Cup but that was somewhat to be expected.  Was a good match nonetheless.  We won in the 3rd round of the FA Trophy to advance.  Very happy.  And we picked up 5 wins in 6 league matches and extended our unbeaten streak.

Table

table.png.fb083162b3966f4d3107e7db97587662.png

There is no breathing room at the top... but at least we're at the top.  Unfortunately Yeovil have a game in hand and are tied in points with us.  We have them by a significant margin in goal difference though, if it ends up coming down to that.

NLS Team Stats

teamstats.thumb.png.1768ac5fb5369e6ae7b5311e0db81473.png

NLS Player Stats

playerstats.thumb.png.42d1b679f2bc95e382143c0b041b60c8.png

Gulls Attacking Data

teamattack.png.8eaf1deb44360cfadc8b2a87b67b9019.png

Gulls Defending Data

teamdefense.png.6c63c5a1952a1c2ffcebf607d082ad7a.png

Finances

finance.png.f2396842468808dee06e549f0ff7847d.png

A profitable month.

Jarvis Out

jarvissold.png.513e4f580b8a893c4e08c0287dea3e41.png

Supporters are rightfully very concerned with the news that Jarvis has been sold.  What was the thinking behind making this deal.

We understand the concern.  Aaron was a team leader and we hate to see him go but this is the business behind the game.  We have been in communication with Aaron multiple times this season about whether or not he wanted an extension to his contract which was up at the end of the season and it became apparent that he wanted to move on, which is absolutely his right.  He's a fantastic player and felt that he wanted to take a step up in his career.  There's very little we can do about that when it comes to the end of a contract.  At that point we're left with 2 things to do.... we can either ride it out and let the player go for nothing or we can make the best deal we can and get something for him.  In this case we decided to get what we could in return before his contract was up.

I would imagine supporers will understand that but it won't take much away from the sting of losing probably the best player on the club, especially when you're in the thick of a promotion battle.

It's certainly not the best situation but we have faith that Lewis Collins - who has been side-by-side with Aaron all season long - has the ability to step up and be the main guy up front now.

Is there any chance of bringing in reinforcements now or are you comfortable with the club as it is?

I'm always looking at ways to make the club better but there's really nobody on the radar that we're absolutely gearing up to try and sign a contract with.  I'm happy with what we have here and think we can continue our good form otherwise I wouldn't have made a deal.

FA Trophy

Fourth Round

trophy4.thumb.png.c8e87384d67b8ab3b703d65f66a7d7ae.png

Supporters will be talking about this match for quite some time.  You're down 1-2 at the half and seemingly playing on your heels.  Eastleigh comes out and scores a quick goal in the 2nd half to make it 3-1 and you have to be thinking this isn't your day.  Somehow you come back and notch it at 3 with a dramatic extra time goal from McGavin and then win it in penalty shots with Halstead blocking their first attempt.  When will you come down from this one?

*laughs* Maybe not for quite some time.  It was just an excellent match.  We didn't give up and just kept pushing until we got what we deserved.

Despite seemingly playing most of the match in your backfield you only gave up 4 total shots.  What was working for you today?

This was the definition of a bend but don't break defense.  They were really working us over.  They were pushing the ball up the pitch and we were definitely playing on our heels as you said.  It seemed like every time I looked up they had the ball in the first half and we were running backwards.  But we found a way to prevent them from getting shots and that's what mattered.

After the half you seem to have adopted a much more attacking offense and started putting pressure on them.  Was this part of the game plan or more reactionary?

We were down 2-1 at the half and then 3-1 rather quickly into the 2nd half.  At that point we basically had nothing to lose.  Despite the fact we were limiting shots, they kept putting them in the back of the net.  It was either just keep doing what we were doing and hope for the best or try to change things up and make our own destiny and that's what we did.  And it worked.

Smales-Braithwaite Signed

braithwaite.thumb.png.f91ee885aacf5e35443eb7e41373879d.png

Benni began his career with Manchester City in their youth development program.  He's sinced bounced around to several different clubs, never really realizing the potential that many thought he first had.  What was the reasoning behind signing him here?

Sounds like a perfect reclamation project to me.  Obviously Benni once was thought of as a good prospect and although he hasn't shown the sort of form that got him signed in the first place he's still only 21 and we think he fits in here perfectly.

Is he going to get first team time?

That's the plan.  He'll play alongside Lewis just like Aaron did and hopefully the 2 of them will find the same sort of success and work well together.

What are the expectations?

The same as almost every player here.  Train hard, work together as a team, do your best out there on the pitch.  It's pretty simple but that's what we ask.

Match Twenty-Nine

29.thumb.png.c13f634b7460a5306a79f53fb8d4cee5.png

Benni scored a goal and had an overall excellent first match with the club.  I assume that puts a smile on your face?

The same as when any of my players have a good game, but yes, coming out and impressing in your first match with the club is definitely something worth smiling about.  We look forward to seeing more of what he can do here.

Przybek Signed

przybek.thumb.png.9706ab6cfae9b6d28dce1bf4ab6bf59a.png

One can assume that Adam was signed as a replacement for Halstead since his contract is up this season?

That would be a good assumption.  He'll definitely get a look as will a couple of others already in the club but we needed someone that could come in immediately and play if needed.  There has been some interest in Halstead and his contract is up so looking forward something was going to have to get done sooner or later.

Adam has played for a dozen clubs over the past 6 seasons but has only made a handful of appearances.  Is he someone you can trust as a first choice goalkeeper?

We wouldn't have signed him if we didn't believe that.  He has the quality to play at this level and above.  He's never really had much of a chance but if he earns it here he's going to get playing time.

January in Review

Schedule

jansched.png.afdd09400d5c8f0c717bb656b8cde907.png

Started out promising with 4 straight league wins but ended with 2 draws.  Still... unbeaten though in league play.

Won our FA Trophy match as well, so that's always good.

Table

table.png.c262303e1224e40b9fdebe2575039dba.png

We're at the top -- via an impressive goal difference.  But only 4 points separate 1-4... and just 7 to #5.

The good news is there's a good amount of separation after the top 5.

NLS Team Stats

teamstats.thumb.png.771c4c423d86cca68fd95b76cda26582.png

NLS Player Stats

playerstats.thumb.png.55da0cb276e712577037585c2186e404.png

Gulls Attacking Data

teamattack.png.5d3275f499abb699d013219227f05807.png

Gulls Defending Data

teamdefend.png.800be126d6fbd3092e6a136e3df3a3ed.png

Finances

finances.png.19a1f70e807545f49ee52dc260bbc9c7.png

Lost money again....

FA Trophy Preview

Boreham Wood

borehamwood.png.038383bfda9a5ae202bf52ba0ef3a96b.png

So far between the FA Cup and the FA Trophy you have managed to knock off 3 National League clubs.  Your only loss so far has been against League Two's Notts County.  Will Boreham be the 4th National League victim of yours this season?

Well we're not going out there to lose, I can promise you that.

So you're guaranteeing victory?

No, I said we're not going out there to lose.  That's not in my pre-match vocabulary.  We train to win.  We plan to win.  We play to win.  Whether we will or not... that will be decided on the pitch.

Are you feeling confident?

I always fell confident with my boys.  We've put in some good training sessions.  I think we have a good game plan.  We're as prepared as we're going to be.  Now it's nothing but lacing up our boots and going out there and performing.

FA Trophy

Fifth Round

trophy.thumb.png.a637def01d6d0fc1ff85ac120460d72a.png

Not meant to be today?

No.  Credit Boreham, they really came out and pressured us from the start.  We had some good possessions, put in some good shots but we just couldn't stop them.

Disappointed with the result?

Losing is never fun but there are some matches that you just chalk up to the other club being better that day.

Posted (edited)

Yeovil Preview

yeovilpreview.png.4c12a71749cb2bdc9c1914e9c546db61.png

You have a big match coming up in the next week against Yeovil who currently sit in 3rd place just 1 point back from Torquay at the top.  The last time you faced them you got the win somewhat easily with a 2-0 victory at home.  Is it a case of just more of the same from the way you played against them last time?

Yes and no.  We know what worked against them the last time we faced them but so do they.  So I'd expect them to come out with something a little different this time, which means we have to also.  It's not necessarily a case of going back to the drawing board and changing everything, but we will absolutely have to tweak some things and throw something different at them.

A loss and Yeovil goes to the top - depending on how Weymouth does in their match - and you could potentially fall to 4th on the table.  Even a draw could remove you from the top spot.  Is this a must win match?

No, but that doesn't take away from how important the match is.  The only time matches aren't important is when you have everything wrapped up and are playing for nothing.  There are enough games left we can overcome a loss but that doesn't mean we're looking for one.

Edited by Blarney

Match Thirty-Four

34.thumb.png.f930012d318caccafcff40ba7577dc84.png

You fell to a late goal and now find yourself in 4th place on the table, tied with Eastbourne although you hold the goal difference.  There are 12 matches remaining in the season so presumably enough time to get back to the top but you've dug yourself a little bit of a hole here and have to overcome 3 and maybe 4 other opponents to get there.  Are you confident you can do it?

No choice but to not be confident at this point.  I would rather have stayed on top and controlled our own destiny but in a way we still do.  We know we have to win and if we don't it probably won't matter.  If we do then we need a little help here or there but by winning we're putting pressure on the clubs at the top.  So it all starts now.

The loss also ended a pretty impressive string of 33 unbeaten in league play and your perfect season.  How disappointed are you?

Honestly I'm more disappointed that we lost the top spot.  The rest is nice and it looks good in the record books but the goal here is to win the league, not put your name in the record book... unless of course it's for winning the league.

Weymouth now sits atop the league once again.  You have your final match against them in April.  Have you circled that date already on the calendar?

It may obviously end up being a pretty big match but we have several to play before then and if we don't do our part and put pressure on them, it won't matter much either way.

Match Thirty-Five

35.thumb.png.39355860cf62f03acff8189a83e04d23.png

Respectfully - to put it in terms you've used before - the wheels seem to have fallen off.  And I'm sure you'll add no disrespect intended to any other club but in your last 3 matches you've played 2 teams... Tonbridge and now Truro that were both either sitting in the drop zone or just a few points safe and you managed only a draw against both.  Those 2 matches sandwhiched a loss to Yeovil which obviously can be forgiven since they are a good club.  What's gone wrong?

So I'll actually answer this as you are absolutely correct.  We are not at our best right now and this isn't a good time to be saying that.  There's a phrase used in America.... it's "any given Sunday" which refers to American Football which is historically played on Sunday and it means that on any Sunday any team in the league can beat any other team.  It doesn't matter if you're 15-0 against an 0-15 team, they're in the league for a reason and they "can" win.  Doesn't mean they should and most of the time they probably shouldn't but they can.  Any team in this league right now deserves to be here whether they were relegated to it, promoted to it or have been here for several seasons.  Which means you're up against competition that can beat you.  I don't care if they're the 23rd team in the league and we're 3rd or 4th, they still have a chance.  Now, saying all that you'd expect more often than not a good club is going to beat a struggling club.  The problem is even good clubs struggle and when they do they're prone to being beaten by clubs that maybe they shouldn't lose to most of the time.  That's where we are right now.

So how do you fix that?

Well you figure out why you are struggling and you make every attempt you can to overcome that.  Whether it's a lack of training, poor training or just poor performances on the pitch.

If we can, it seems that some of these struggles came after you let Aaron Jarvis and Tom Lapsile leave and then promoted some of your youngsters, along with bringing in a new keeper as well.  Do you attribute some of your poor play to that?

If you want me to say that losing Aaron didn't hurt I'll never say that.  We've been okay on the offensive side of the ball but obviously he gave us something that we are missing a little of.  There are other factors as well though so I'm not putting this all on the players.  We're going through some growing pains and we need to learn to play together a little better than we are right now.

February in Review

Schedule

febsched.png.14bd5aa31811823a697bf1d2c499963d.png

Not a good month.  We lost in the FA Trophy.  We lost our first match in league play.  And we only won 1 with 2 bad draws on top of that.

Table

table.png.93110e92c829cf91c4de4e69a45bde5a.png

We're stuck in 4th place, 3 points back from the top spot now.  Also our goal difference advantage is evaporating.

NLS Team Stats

teamstats.thumb.png.e64ac1c7c28a9d0690f6edd532e05944.png

We're dropping from top spots in every category.

NLS Player Stats

playerstats.thumb.png.299f308c84a5fc388e25834824792449.png

Jarvis still on top!  Oh wait, he's not with us any longer.

Gulls Attacking Data

teamattack.png.7e03c7aca3313ff341962900c90c5ee6.png

Still good but not as good as it was.

Gulls Defending Data

teamdefense.png.e7eb7638f1b96b53daafd3fe41d98168.png

Finances

finances.png.8b33a5e014aff1dc7a083076bacb8857.png

Not a good month on the pitch and not a good month financially.

Posted (edited)

Match Thirty-Six

36.thumb.png.44e66107d3134fc5825ab1a119c7ba8f.png

***shouting heard during halftime***

What was that?  Where are your heads at?  You lot are playing like you just don't care this last month.  I know you're better than this, do you?  Do you even believe in yourselves any longer?  Get your f'n heads out of your azzes.  Go out there and show that you're the better team.  There's no reason to lose to this club, no reason to even be tied right now.  You're playing like a bunch of little kids that's just decided to give up when there's everything on the line.  But maybe i'm wrong, maybe this is what you are.  Maybe all you will ever be is mid-level players on a mid-level team and I'm wrong to think more.  Am I wrong?  Go show me I'm wrong.  I don't even want to hear it, I want to see it.  Show it or just give up.

***When asked after the match Lewis Collins had this to say***

Yeah, gaffer lit us up a little and we deserved it.  I deserved it.  I definitely haven't been playing my best lately.  We all want the same thing and we just haven't been in good form for the past few matches.  So yeah it's nothing we didn't deserve.

Edited by Blarney

Match Thirty-Eight

38.thumb.png.950d0457ff62e502f3c16ab3fabd8af6.png

That had to be without a doubt one of the wildest matches we've witnessed in quite awhile.

You know there are times where you are watching something like this and you just can't believe it's really happening, even though it's being played out right there in front of you.

So, there had to be a time early in the 2nd half where you were probably just about ready to sit down and just let the match continue on without a care in the world.  At that point you were up 4-1 and it seemed like you might put up a few more goals before it was over.

3-1 at the half.... 4-1 early in the 2nd.  I hate saying it but yes at that point I just assumed it was over.

Then they come back and it's 4-3 and you're out there looking lost while they've come alive.

Luckily we found another goal and sort of took the momentum back but they still managed to put another one in and I'm just hoping it's over at that point.  I couldn't take any more.

Match Thirty-Nine

39.thumb.png.ebf9104fab328401b010656a36059f27.png

This result shoots you right back to the top of the table.  You've been on a good run these past few matches, do you think it can continue?

I'd like to think we've turned a corner after a few poorer results but we can't get complacent now.  We just have to continue working hard for our goals.

Match Forty

40.thumb.png.a69e902ab7990f4b57780dfd9a70b67e.png

You've secured a playoff spot with this victory, is that something you'll celebrate?

Well it's certainly better than being told we're on the outside looking in, but no, it's not something that we're going to celebrate right now.  It just means that we have an out if we don't finish what we started and win automatic promotion.  So in that case it's a good thing, but we're certainly not going to sit back and just rely on that.

Match Forty-One

41.thumb.png.ad0208afd376c4f6cbdcb0ad87698af4.png

You gave up the equalizer here late into stoppage time and it's cost you the #1 spot in the league.  With so few matches remaining could this match be the one that decides your fate?

Well, it could be.  It certainly wasn't, uh, to our advantage to allow that goal and we've paid for it by moving down the table.  But these things happen and like always it's how we respond that will tell what sort of a team we are.

Posted (edited)

Youth Intake

We grabbed a few decent looking prospects in our recruitment.

David Morgan

davidmorgan.thumb.png.37eaadbc744d02c32945da5f4dea0b75.png

David's supposed to be a center-mid but i'm not sure I see it.  His physicals are not great and his dribbling is terrible, but he's young so we'll see.  His backup positions are basically anything in a straight line from striker to defender.  He does have decent passing and tackling so maybe defensive-mid might be a beter fit.

George Stares

georgestares.thumb.png.590a955a347e8c361685cce91c7fe7d3.png

Stares has good all-around numbers for a youngster.  His physicals aren't great for a winger but we'll see how he develops.

Lee Harrison

leeharrison.thumb.png.715a2c3c8a14697290d3db1022f813e9.png

Lee is allegedly a striker that can't finish... but he has excellent physicals for a 16-year old and his backup position is on the wing which may be where he ends up.  Of course if he develops the ability to hit the back of the net, maybe he'll stick in the forward position.

Edited by Blarney

March in Review

Schedule

marchsched.png.68e85f36de7f61973f09b7d617230ffb.png

We needed a good month and we got one, until the last match... but you can't win them all.

Table

table.png.665def2a5b1d564485ac4a44b94d5fb0.png

The draw at the end of the month cost us the top spot but we're just 1 point back with 5 matches to play.  Technically we are tied with Eastbourne but we have a 5 goal difference advantage over them which I wouldn't expect to lose in the last 5 matches.

NLS Team Stats

teamstats.thumb.png.053dac5e7cd127d8845a1423a6762147.png

NLS Player Stats

playerstats.thumb.png.370ee917da1cd6985e3079c055f0171a.png

Gulls Attacking Data

teamattack.png.267ea004b1667746b9d58d2bf05471a1.png

Gulls Defending Data

teamdefending.png.37bafb2d39c18b4bb6c2a201467e3b97.png

Finances

finances.png.933d6a1ad430a41f472394b26cd20b33.png

Yikes, we lost a lot of money this month.

Weymouth Preview

weymouthpreview.png.d7e614a9338df5b72fb6c7d93c2683f5.png

Weymouth have fallen down to 5th place but a loss or draw here could significantly hurt your chances at the top spot.  Is this a must win match?

It's getting about as close to must win as you can get.  There are only 5 matches left and we're a point back so we can't afford to give anything away if we can help it.

Posted (edited)

Match Forty-Four

44.thumb.png.d30f441605d19c89a5851e8da6c1b172.png

You had the opportunity here to retake the top spot with a win or even a draw as Yeovil lost their match.  As it is there are 2 matches remaining and you're still 1 point back.  Eastbourne lost their match as well so they're still tied with you for the 3rd spot.  This is really turning into an exciting finish for the supporters of those 3 clubs.

I'm glad you qualified that it was exciting for the supporters because I doubt for the managers of any of those clubs it's very exciting.  No, in all seriousness, I recognize what this means to the supporters and also for the clubs themselves.  It's exciting to be a part of a playoff run like this.  3 clubs all within a point and just 2 matches remaining... this is what you do the job for.

Edited by Blarney

Match Forty-Five

45.thumb.png.3884856b1e0ec6fac4421b2e15e7b1c3.png

A much needed win to keep pace.  Unfortunately Yeovil won also as did Eastbourne which means going into the final match there's just 1 point still separating the 3 clubs.

So we've reached the point where I can comfortably say this is a must win..... or draw depending on how Yeovil's and Eastbourne's match go.

You face Bath City who sit in 4th place while Yeovil is up against 8th place Havant and Eastbourne plays 24th place Chippenham.  Are you concerned that you face the biggest challenge in the last match?

If we don't compete then we don't deserve to go up.  It doesn't matter who we face, we have to win.

table.png.07dd2836c23c0c98f51f5428c118e367.png

Posted (edited)

Match Forty-Six

**everything on the line**

46.thumb.png.abc656da9895e137ed881df25633af11.png

You did your part with a big win and Yeovil did their part and lost.  You are champions.  Are there any words to explain how you're feeling at this moment?

No, no, not really.  This was... credit to Yeovil and Eastbourne for one heckuva fight all season long.

3 clubs all over 100 points for the season.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on all things English Football but I don't think that's ever happened before... and may not ever again.  That's total domination by 3 clubs.  We are lucky that we came out on top.  I'm very proud of my boys.

So where do you go from here?

We get to work, that's what we do.  This was the beginning obviously.  We have a long ways to go.

Edited by Blarney

Posted (edited)

April in Review

Schedule

aprilsched.png.50d5c7268ff51b99bb19892c37b65dcf.png

It took a big month to win it and luckily we did just enough with a win in the final match to secure the title.

Table

table.png.67939dff4ae0ab2a2d43d7902c9d55a9.png

3 teams over 100 points.... I'm guessing that's never been done before.

NLS Team Stats

teamstats.thumb.png.f7a0a22bcb983256bfe13c282c215a38.png

Eastbourne had a heck of a season, scoring the most goals and having the best conversion rate.  We did well in possession and pass completion.  We also had the highest average attendance.  That bodes well for the future.

NLS Player Stats

playerstats.thumb.png.c4a938660a4131a2a86cc028f70d2a71.png

Gulls Attacking Data

teamattacking.png.09c504ea179d9de22f6545d1465759f8.png

Gulls Defending Data

teamdefending.png.1220ed2d023b22c54baf689ab9bed2e0.png

Finances

finances.png.ae19504a38e9f1257c429b1a46d8e842.png

We lost a lot of money this month... yikes.

Edited by Blarney

Posted (edited)

Season Rewards

None..... none of my players nor myself won a darn thing.

I didn't even win Manager of the Year... that went to the guy from Eastbourne.  I assume because expectations were that we were going to win and they weren't supposed to do much of anything.

Records Broken

Total Points: 102 (2023) ---- old record was 88 points (2018)

Most Goals Scored:  101 (2023) ---- old record was 93 goals (2018)

Unbeaten Matches in a Row:  25 (2023) ---- old record was 15 (twice 1960 and 1990)

Fewest League Defeats:  2 (2023) --- old record was 8 (2018)

Most League Wins:  29 (2023) --- old record was 27 (2018)

Edited by Blarney

Season Expectations

seasonrequirements.png.126cbd8e1e864c3e29cba323973d8622.png

Expectations aren't too out of line.  I personally like that we're not expected to go up this year but just to avoid relegation, which actually might be a thing because we're not very good and don't really have the money to fix it currently.

New Signings

We signed 3 new players to join our first 11.  We also let several players walk that were on 1-year contracts and got rid of a few more that weren't in my plans.

Even though the board has increased our wage budet by just over 10k per week.... we're actually spending exactly the same (right around 22k) as we were last year, and we got a lot better overall.

This was mostly accomplished by bringing up several youngsters from our academy as well as releasing players and not spending very much on the open market.  All 3 of our major signings didn't cost us anything more than a few guys we let go that weren't nearly as good.

Euan Pollock

euanpollock.thumb.png.6f105b740a6f83df03ddbc5d1910be93.png

Our attack last season after getting rid of Aaron Jarvis was... okay but not great.  Collins is young and might develop into a decent player but Pollock is better all-around currently.  He'll be our first choice as striker.  Last season we used 2 up front but I think we're going to go with a more wing styled tactic and move Collins to an outside role.  At least to start.  If that doesn't work we'll put Collins back up front with Pollock.

Solomon Wanjau-Smith

solomonwanjausmith.thumb.png.3ccfdacaddead0f9026b3ca643c242c6.png

Solomon can play as a striker but we think his best role is on the outside as a winger.  He'll play opposite Collins and get a good long look to see how he does.

Sony Singh

sonnysingh.thumb.png.ca4dee960e097133b7341d34f34abaae.png

Sonny is going to take over at the defensive-midfielder position that we were very weak in last season.  We really don't have anybody else on the squad with his talent there.

New Formation

wing.png.b92a739412e2ca965cc0dc4633b8d287.png

With the new players we signed I think we can pull off a wing formation to make better use of some of our talents.  We do not have a lot of depth up front which means that as players become tired we may have to switch things around and go back to what we used last season and just put 2 guys up front side-by-side in an attacking role... or we might use a single attacker with 2 attacking-midfielders behind him.  We definitely have more options than we did last year but we're still lacking quality depth up front.  We're going to make it work though because we're not going to spend any more money bringing guys in if we can help it.

Posted (edited)

Job Offer

Screenshot2024-03-08045320.png.6bae75d1f432049a4c8ab23538e0742d.png

I turned it down, but the recognition is nice... even if it's from the states.

Edited by Blarney

Season Preview

Top Goalscorer

topgoalscorer.png.7985b8c794c335da1afb1acd92e39dbd.png

Player of the Season

topplayer.png.cf6813208c9150a8da30baa097381dc9.png

Projected Finish

seasonpreview.png.a4530244d31f768553f18adafe746fb3.png

Nobody likes us.  No predicted awards and relegation on the table.

We have a fight ahead of us.