Managing multiple teams in one save question

This is the way I enjoy playing the game. I manage a bunch of teams but I run into a problem which is that when they have games at the same time you're forced to play them all in a row. There's no way to save inbetween games and sometimes I don't have time to do them all. Why isn't there a save function inbetween games and/or am I missing a way to do this? Is there a setting that makes them not all start in a row? Thanks

I don't think there is an option to change it to be honest, but if there was one I'd more than happy!

I've played some saves with multiple managers too but due to various reasons, inducing the above issue, I stopped. I would love SI to somehow improve this aspect of the game and make it easier to play this way, but I guess that's never going to happen as it's not very common style of play.

Out of curiosity - how many teams are you playing and how far in the save you are?

Edited by gggfunk

• 2 weeks later...

This is fascinating as I have never even thought about this possibility. Honest question, why multiple clubs instead of multiple saves? What are the pros? Thanks for your insight.

• 2 months later...

I always do this, I'm starting a new game where I'm going to play as the director of football for the top 50 clubs in Europe. Use the in game editor to make the managers the assistant managers so they control the team. I just do the transfers and manager hiring.

I set some rules like you can only bid for a player if the team has sufficient scouting knowledge of the player, set staff to do contract negotiations to remove any chance of bias. You get some really great story lines. The teams at the top there's the pressure to win. The teams that fail you get to turn them around. Get to experience the rule range of footballing scenarios 

My favourite was fm 2012, I controlled 32 teams in a new zealand league system. I had Team Wellington trying to break into the top 2 giants but they'd always finish runner up. I focused on youth players and got them a cracking side and won the treble with them. First silverware for the club in one season too. 

Also have some Leicester style shocks when a complete outsider somehow won the league one time in 10 seasons I played. They were battling relegation all other seasons, that one year everything just went for them.

Defo worth a try if you get bored of regular fm

Forgot the reason I was even replying. To the first post I got round that problem by having games on different days. I'd move them in the pre game editor so I didn't have more than 2 or 3 games at a time. Other than perhaps last game of the season but I'd just have the different leagues finish on different days. It's tricky though for regular nations, leagues. Why I'm switching to a director of football game this year and just holiday before the games and then watch the post game highlights 

7 hours ago, WillGLFC said:

I always do this, I'm starting a new game where I'm going to play as the director of football for the top 50 clubs in Europe. Use the in game editor to make the managers the assistant managers so they control the team. I just do the transfers and manager hiring.

I set some rules like you can only bid for a player if the team has sufficient scouting knowledge of the player, set staff to do contract negotiations to remove any chance of bias. You get some really great story lines. The teams at the top there's the pressure to win. The teams that fail you get to turn them around. Get to experience the rule range of footballing scenarios 

My favourite was fm 2012, I controlled 32 teams in a new zealand league system. I had Team Wellington trying to break into the top 2 giants but they'd always finish runner up. I focused on youth players and got them a cracking side and won the treble with them. First silverware for the club in one season too. 

Also have some Leicester style shocks when a complete outsider somehow won the league one time in 10 seasons I played. They were battling relegation all other seasons, that one year everything just went for them.

Defo worth a try if you get bored of regular fm

This is brilliant. The range of different ways people play FM is awesome. :lol: