Setting up a cup competition for specific teams.

EnigMattic1

How can I set up a cup competition for a certain number of teams on a specific level on the pyramid? Basically, I am adding U-Sports and CCAA to my Canadian pyramid. at the end of the season teams in U-Sports qualify for the U-Sports Championship which is a cup competition to determine the overall champion. The CCAA has the same setup.

I have got qualification set up fine as I had it working to a degree back in FM22, but I don't know what settings to use for the actual cup competition. Does it need to be under the parent competition? I have created the competitions, but I have yet to add them to the 'Competitions' tab in Nation rules.

The only way I was able to get it to work previously was if I had the competition under the same parent competition as the leagues in question.

Ok, next question. When I have the qualification set up like this (it worked in previous years):

image.png.2c15b33b0f1f6560b363c52ac6a6eeb2.png

Why am I getting this error?

image.png.2b52fea6404a05795894b94a963a1cc5.png

This is how it is set up at the other end:

image.png.0aaf667c07cbcdd874ff5ff6b2c8c7ab.png

The weird part is, when I test the competitions in the editor, everything works fine and the correct teams are pulled into the correct competition.

I created the championship in the parent competition . 

As I said before to many people is that you need to upload your file.  Otherwise it's a guessing game 

49 minutes ago, alian62 said:

I created the championship in the parent competition . 

As I said before to many people is that you need to upload your file.  Otherwise it's a guessing game 

I've tried reverting it back to the settings I had on FM23 and putting it back under the parent competition, but it still doesn't want to pull the teams upon verification.

Canadian Full Provincial Expansion FM24 v1.2.1.fmf

I don't know if this makes any difference, but in FM23, I had to set the cup competition to 'Domestic Division' in order to get it to work. I have no idea why as there is no sort of league phase to it.

Canada University Advanced .fmf

You can look at mine to see if it helps ... It isnt as intense as yours and im only doing U sports under the main league .

I do however have hidden leagues which help with the correct games played  EG Atlantic league do play 12 games but in yours it 18 etc etc

Good work though so i hope you get it sorted but it works ok in mine

Maybe delete your pre-editor caches etc might help . Or rename the file once saved