Teams fixed in league - Regional Boundaries

Can anyone explain how to set this up correctly? In an older file (FM23 I think), I tried fixing teams into divisions as per real life, but they would still end up moving divisions. 

I set regional boundaries with the help of another user on the forum, but the teams would still move and neither of us could work out why. More often than not, it would be after the second season and, on the rare occasion, they would move to a totally different competition. 

Basically, I was activating U-Sports in Canada and the leagues are provincial. However, after a season or 2, I would see teams move, for example, from the Ontario U-Sports division to the Manitoba Major Soccer League. That results in the team moving to not only a different provincial competition, but an entirely different level on the pyramid. 

4 hours ago, alian62 said:

Seems like there moving to fill a gap. Like dynamic relegation,  as seen on top of this forum

But when I had this set up in an older file, there was no promotion or relegation. And I noticed earlier that the options are slightly different in the editor this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2024 at 19:52, EnigMattic1 said:

But when I had this set up in an older file, there was no promotion or relegation. And I noticed earlier that the options are slightly different in the editor this year.

Did you ever manage to sort this? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2024 at 02:55, EnigMattic1 said:

Still working on it. Need to fix an issue with teams in League1 Ontario before I can test. 

I have myself started a U Sports league . I sit it directly under the CPL . I find it a challenge but very interesting and at present I have all the universities done . There are some interesting quirks though that can't be done with this editor . EG like substitutions allowed back on etc and eligibility of being able to compete . Can I ask is this an under 24 or under 21 competition ? I do research but get different answers on different sites

7 hours ago, alian62 said:

I have myself started a U Sports league . I sit it directly under the CPL . I find it a challenge but very interesting and at present I have all the universities done . There are some interesting quirks though that can't be done with this editor . EG like substitutions allowed back on etc and eligibility of being able to compete . Can I ask is this an under 24 or under 21 competition ? I do research but get different answers on different sites

U24. There are certain rules for the draft too in that, you can't be in your last year at university. Also, on a U Sports contract, the player has the option to either return to university or go pro when the contract expires (mid August). 

I think I've solved the problem I had so, once U Sports is done, I will move onto the college leagues (CCAA). 

I think there will be about 16 levels in my file by the time I'm done as high school is being done too. 

Edited by EnigMattic1