(FM24) British and Irish Steel Challenge

Hello all, I've seen this challenge tried a few times over the years but it seems to be a challenge that never gets any love or very few people try it. So as my first ever post on here after years of lurking I thought let's try it and see if some people join in.

BRITAIN AND IRELAND STEEL CHALLENGE

image.png.5894c236885bd7f04a9fc1316e0ff76d.png

The aim of the game is to win all trophies available to clubs in Britain and Ireland whilst only purchasing players who hail from Britain or Ireland.

Rules:

• You can start with any experience or coaching badges but Sunday League rep and no coaching badges make it tougher and (maybe) more fun!
  • You must start Unemployed 
  • You can only purchase players who have British or Irish as their first nationality
  • One rule I want to add is promotion counts as ticking off a trophy. You can make it harder by saying you need to win the league but imagine coming second (or winning a playoff) and having to go back later in the save and have to win the league all over again. So for me a promotion will count.

Screenshots are required at the end of the season

Available Cups and Leagues

England (12)

image.png.561024247a72112039ef780675380176.png

Premier League

EFL Championship

EFL League One

EFL League Two

National League

National League North

National League South

FA Cup 

EFL Cup

EFL Trophy

FA Community Shield

FA Trophy

Scotland (7)

image.png.d4d340e3540972661caf937a6a45b0cc.png

Premiership

Championship

League One

League Two

Scottish Cup

League Cup

Challenge Cup

Ireland (6)

image.thumb.png.0705d6427dea0619351a211fd109a99a.png

Premier Division

First Division

FAI Cup

Munster Senior Cup

Leinster Senior Cup

Presidents Cup

Northern Ireland (10)

image.thumb.png.05fba82a227e43dee14ae8675c9a6de4.png

NIFL Premiership

NIFL Championship 

NIFL Premier Intermediate League

Northern Irish Cup

NIFL Cup

County Antrim Shield

Steel & Sons Cup

Irish Intermediate Cup

Mid-Ulster Cup

North West Senior Cup

Wales (5)

image.png.e59d0fedf71a8c732955f43055a0c1de.png

Cymru Premier

JD Cymru North

JD Cymru South

Welsh Cup

Nathaniel MG Cup

Tier 2 League Cup

There are now 40 trophies in total to win! Enjoy!

Edited by TheFMHitman

First Job - Oxford City

I decided to sim through until the end of the 2023/24 Season, just to give me different options at the jobs available than the usual ones at the start of the game.

After numerous interviews I decided to go with Oxford City

image.png.c4dd7a561a0394473ae1a0a577d667f3.png

image.png.781cbee0793ef7f77c0b929f662f5604.png

I had lots of offers but went with Oxford City as they have just been relegated from the National League, this drops the club down to the National League South giving us a damn good shot at promotion next season.

image.png.fe5e8b6f7cfa593f0745df3e788f3601.png

I'm going to do season by season reviews to keep the number of updates down in here. Hopefully other people join along at some point

Edited by TheFMHitman

Promotion counting as a trophy is a good idea. This challenge is difficult enough as it is. I think it might be the hardest challenge, just because of the number of seasons it can take.

It's also sensible to take out the European and world trophies. It was very frustrating to not be able to win the UEFA cup or whatever it was called at the time because I wasn't in it. It would be even worse now with 2 Europa trophies.

The one go I had at this (and this was without the rule change, which necessitated a bit of repeating divisions) after 29 seasons, I'd picked up 29 of the then 43 trophies.

Does anybody know whether anybody has ever completed this?

Anyway, good luck. I plan to have a look every now and then to see how you're getting on.

5 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Promotion counting as a trophy is a good idea. This challenge is difficult enough as it is. I think it might be the hardest challenge, just because of the number of seasons it can take.

It's also sensible to take out the European and world trophies. It was very frustrating to not be able to win the UEFA cup or whatever it was called at the time because I wasn't in it. It would be even worse now with 2 Europa trophies.

The one go I had at this (and this was without the rule change, which necessitated a bit of repeating divisions) after 29 seasons, I'd picked up 29 of the then 43 trophies.

Does anybody know whether anybody has ever completed this?

Anyway, good luck. I plan to have a look every now and then to see how you're getting on.

Thanks for commenting, I think making this challenge slightly easier may give people confidence to actually try it, like you say, it's one of the hardest challenges. I haven't seen anyone actually complete it, although I'm sure someone will have at some point. Lets hope I get close!

29 minutes ago, bergen3 said:

Only purchase british or irish players. How about youth intake? Get rid of non-british intakes?

Its just no signing non-British players, if someone comes through your intake then that's fine

First Job - East Fife

I will at least start this massive project.

Took some time to get an offer. Starting with cinch League 2 team. Joined the team late season with 10 games to go.(1st game 2/3/24) In relegation position when I took over. Almost managed to reach playoff but lost last game.

Playing 4-4-2 Diamond formation

The team had like 35-40 players in their Senior Squad. Al lot of cleanup moving youngsters to U18 or Sell/release.

Looking forward to next season.

image.png.51a91b73f5bf1bc0d9447071955f94e7.png

image.png.be74ff62e98d6d4bde84c871345bf0cc.png

Season 2 - East Fife 2024/2025

We have used this season to get rid of people in wrong positions. Mainly poor cinch League 2 or lower standard.

Struggled with low wage and transfer budget. Managed to loan 5 good cinch 2/cinch 1 standard people almost for free.

The campaign ended with 2nd place after loss in the last game. Luckily we won the playoffs and moved to cinch League 1. 5th round loss to Celtic in the Scottish Cup.

Nathan Austin was top score of the year in cinch League 2 with 22 league goals. Total 31 goals in 44 apps.

image.jpeg.e95f8313dac03ed78757293adfd26138.jpeg

First Job - East Fife Season 3 2025/2026

Finished 2nd in the league but lost the Playoff semis.

Senior Affiliate with St.Johnstone for 31K/year.

Another cinch League 1 season upcoming.

First Job - East Fife Season 4 2026/2027

Won the league in dramatic scenes! Heading into our last game we were equal on points with Partick Thistle. But I lost 3-4 in my last match. Luckily so did Partick. Got ourselves Senior Affiliate with Celtic for 35K/year.  Our of all cups early.

Top scorer Attacking Midfielder Connor Smith with 20 goals.

image.thumb.jpeg.6add01378865260ddd509395573bcfdb.jpeg

image.jpeg.6291e739de35236924d97fa3c853633d.jpeg

Second Job - Ross County cinch Championship 2027/2028

Applied for Ross County job preseason. The got relegated from the cinch Premiership last season and are now in the cinch Championship.

After a couple of interviews I secure the job!

image.thumb.jpeg.70607c0e2ed2a3e718488a83bdd08c5c.jpeg

Status so far: 2 Scottish league titles.

Edited by bergen3

• 2 months later...

I'm quite tempted to try this, I did got quite deep into it years back on the Sortitoutsi forum. One question though, is it really necessery to win both the Cymru North & South and the National League North/South seperatley? as they are the same level. Seems like one of each should be enough. 

• 3 weeks later...

What's the rule of other non nationalities at the club you take over. Example if I took the Man City job would I have to sell Haaland. Or is it only not signing players and if they are already there that's ok?