Create International Competition Getting Teams from Created Comps

oJMPx

I have created a multiple baseball databases for leagues around the world. MLB, Mexican LMB, NPB, KBO, CPBL, Cuban, Dominican and Puerto Rico leagues

Each one is created within their own editor file, so i have 8 in total

I have simply created new teams and comps within each file. The UID numbers are all the same within the editor, obviously when i load them in game the UID's follow on in the order i have the editor files ordered within my editor data folder

I want to create an International Competition that pits the league winners of each of these 8 leagues against each other, simple 8 team quarter finals, semi finals then final

Is there anyway i get teams to pull from competitions without having the league or teams created within this International Competition editor file?

Hopefully that all makes sense

I can provide screenshots when im home from work in a few hours

They're all set up as national leagues for those countries? Choose Get Best Teams From Division (I think that's the one) and rather than selecting a division, choose a nation instead. It will get the best teams from that nation's top division. Should automatically account for that division being replaced. Load it up in game with all the files selected to make sure of course though.

Oh and FYI it should be a continental rules file, not an international one.

17 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

They're all set up as national leagues for those countries? Choose Get Best Teams From Division (I think that's the one) and rather than selecting a division, choose a nation instead. It will get the best teams from that nation's top division. Should automatically account for that division being replaced. Load it up in game with all the files selected to make sure of course though.

Oh and FYI it should be a continental rules file, not an international one.

Yeah they're all now the Top Division in each country. Would i need to change the existing Top Division for each of those countries to Level 2, to make sure it picks the correct division? Dont want an MLS team selected randomly instead of MLB

Continental over International? Would i not have to chose a continent that way? Would i be able to select teams from Asia and North America in a continental file?

Thanks for the reply

Edited by oJMPx

7 hours ago, oJMPx said:

Yeah they're all now the Top Division in each country. Would i need to change the existing Top Division for each of those countries to Level 2, to make sure it picks the correct division? Dont want an MLS team selected randomly instead of MLB

Continental over International? Would i not have to chose a continent that way? Would i be able to select teams from Asia and North America in a continental file?

Thanks for the reply

It should be fine as is. The MLS etc. shouldn't be seen as the top division anymore since your rules will override that. Although like I said, test in game to make sure.

When you choose continental rules one of the options for continents is World, use that, then you'll have no issue picking teams from other continents still. Weirdly it's only an option in basic rules, not advanced, but if you set it in basic it will carry over into advanced still as long as you don't try and change it once in advanced. International rules are really meant for national teams rather than club teams. Although be aware if you use the Nations/Teams pages to qualify teams for the tournament (that will also default to the top division, even if it's changed) it'll override any default continental qualifying systems. So if you don't care about the CCC and ACL etc. that'd be fine, if you want those to still work, set it up as an other competition and get the teams directly through the competition as you normally would, rather than through the Nations/Teams qualifying pages (leave those blank).