research how League/Cup constructed

Chad Beaulieu

How do you research how a League/Cup/continental championship has been constructed in the original database and from a custom database.

My challenge is that when I go in the editor to look at how the CONCACAF Champions Cup in the original database is constructed I cannot figure out where to go to research it.

Likewise, when I go in the editor to look at how the CONCACAF Champions Cup has been re-constructed (by someone I got permission to look at it from) I cannot figure out where to go to research it.

I have used the editor before, but it was many years ago when I think it was a simpler set up (the editor that is). 

I have:

1. Opened the editor and loaded original database
    • Selected 'competitions' and filtered to Concacaf Champions Cup
    • Selected it and then selected edit
    • Once there, I could not find how it is structured: mainly how it is set up to draw teams to qualify for the continental cup championship
  2. I loaded the custom database and:
    • Selected 'competitions' and filtered to Concacaf Champions Cup
    • Selected it and then selected edit
    • Once there, I could not find how it is structured: mainly how it is set up to draw teams to qualify for the continental cup championship

I know the 2023 concacaf champions cup is likely hardcoded, as the set up changes in 2024, but I remember in previous editor work that I could check on how to research how it was constructed.

Any help or pointing to other threads or websites or videos would be much appreciated.

Cheers

You're looking in the wrong place. It's not in any of the database sections, eg. competitions. Instead look at the options at the top left of the screen. Just below the File dropdown box, there's a Menu list starting with File, the 2nd option should be either Advanced Rules or Nation Rules or something, click on that to see the competitions.

If that isn't there, then the file you've loaded doesn't have any competition rules. You can add the default ones via Rules > Add Nation Rules > Choose Country > Add Lower Divisions > Convert to Advanced Rules.

For continental/international competitions follow this guide: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/page/2/#comment-13403624