Training based on the period of the season

Hi everyone!
I wanted to ask what you think about adopting training in the 4 phases of the season:
-Pre-Season (block 1)
-From September to December (block 2)
-From January to March (block 3)
-From April to the end of the season (block 4)

The idea I have is to divide the load based on the period (and also on the quantity of games present), in theory:
block 1: high load
block 2: medium load with some physical appeal
block 3: medium load
block 4: light load

I also thought, given that in blocks 1 and 2 we are at the beginning of the season, surely the workloads must be such as to put fuel in the players' legs, while when we enter block 3 and block 4 the already decisive matches begin ( therefore where you have to try to have the top players or starters always ready) and focus more on maintaining physical fitness without overloading it.

Has anyone ever adopted a similar training style?

Thats the way I like to play. High load is essential in the start of season. I push them as much as I can. The injuries can be acceptable for me in this period. And I prefer lower the risk of injuries in the end off season. 

TrainerRoad is nice for workout suggestions but I'd say watch some Dylan Johnson videos for a high level understanding of training, read Joe Friel's Cyclist's Training Bible for some deeper understanding, listen to Empirical Cycling Podcasts for even deeper more specific understanding... the first one, Why You're Training Too Hard for Criteriums, is probably the best for a high level understanding.

I highly recommend against doing a high volume plan on TR - that'll just have you do a stupid amount of sweetspot and if you're anything like me will burn you out over the offseason. Setting up a mid volume plan will give you a smattering of sweetspot, threshold, and VO2 workouts which I use to pick and choose from based on what seems like a good idea from day to day and week to week. Following this more closely after base seems wise, but during base you may be lifting or doing other stuff or just wanting a break so, to my mind, more editing of the plan is more appropriate.9apps

Edited by bishnoi12w