Having a son - fm24Mobile

After years of playing fm (mainly handheld - PSP and mobile) I’ve never generated a son. I got my brother his first fm - fm23 mobile - and he managed to get a son, I asked questions around this and he’d stayed at the same club his whole save. 

I’ve seen information out there about how to get a son but nothing specifically about FM24 Mobile, it’s all been FM Touch, Console or the full PC version. I just want to know is it possible on this year’s version? And how has anyone (if any) managed this on the FM 24 Mobile? What I thought from the information out is that I’d get a son after 10 years at one club. I seen other information that you need to sign a player and play him 30 games for 10 years. Then the other way I found that has been mentioned is it’s totally random. Of course I seen you can pay for a son on FM touch. Just with all of this information and nothing specifically about FM 24 Mobile I’ve been unsure if it’s a feature in this version. The Sega support referred me here and advised it’s not an issue they deal with. 

My save so far…. I’ve been at Manchester United for 10 years, I just took my most recent academy intake mid October 2033 to be left disappointed. I’m wanting to switch things up but I don’t want to leave United until I get my son 🤣

The way it used to work (can't be sure it's still the same but would be surprised if they'd changed it) was:

• You need to sign a player
  • He needs to stay at the club for at least 10 years
  • He has to play each year (I think a couple of games is enough)
  • He needs to retire while still at the club
  • You need to stay at that same club from the time you sign the player until he retires

When he retires there will be a news item saying that he's retired and another one about his testimonial game etc. The next day there should be another news item about your son arriving at the club etc and he should now be in the squad. Actually I don't think I've done one since the academy was added in 23, so not sure if they show up there or next day like they used to.

Sounds like you've done most of that? But you didn't mention anything about the retiring part, so that might be the bit you are missing?

Can be frustrating if the player keeps going and going! Haven't tried it for a while, but I generally only give them short contracts near the end until they get the "plans to retire at the end of his contract" message and then I let it run out and they normally retire early in the next season. 

I have 2 players who I’ve achieved all of this apart from the retirement, they both have a year left so I’m praying once they retire end of this season it will have worked. 

I’ll let you know, thanks for the reply and advice. :) 

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, KMac95 said:

I have 2 players who I’ve achieved all of this apart from the retirement, they both have a year left so I’m praying once they retire end of this season it will have worked. 

I’ll let you know, thanks for the reply and advice. :) 

Glad you're enjoying the game and I'll keep fingers crossed that you have a son come through the ranks soon :D

(I'm really happy people enjoy that side of things)

I did it!! 

It worked after Marcus rashford retired, so I don’t think the signing a player part of the process is necessary. The weird part is I’ve had B.Fernandes retire and get a testimonial and no son appeared then, the same with R.Varane. There is a possibility I set my real age (can’t remember and don’t know how to check) which could explain why it’s only worked this time round. My DOB is 10/09/1995. 

Side note - he’s terrible 😂 I think I’m going to turn on editor but I don’t like to cheat generally just for the purpose of making my son better (but not too good). 

(I only discovered editor on this edition, I wasn’t aware of it before, glad as I’ve got good at the game without using it). 

IMG_2889.png