Conceding late game equalizer /though losses

Hi all, 

I am now entirely convinced that it is my tactic in FM24, as I have a massive amount of late game equalizer's and though losses. 

The story is always the same. I score first, 60-90 minute there is either an equalizer or even a very though loss after for example leading 2:0 comfortably. 

This happened too often, to blame the players :P 

So, I am wondering, is that something you have also observed in this years version of FM ? How could I potentially get a gritty win, instead of a draw ? Park the Bus from 60th minute ? 

Thanks ! 

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-04 um 17.14.42.png

Not really. Sometimes it is a through pass, sometimes it is a corner, sometimes it is just a long ball and my defender forgets that heading is an option. 

I am currently sitting sixth in the table with the fifth highest wage budget. So maybe I am overreacting, but an option might be to lower the pressing block ? I am slightly afraid doing this, since I have the feeling that I will not get any pressure on the defenders/holding midfielders and they pass around. 

Feel your frustration. It is a very common pattern in this matchengine now that you dominate the game completely but you only have a 1-0 lead and your lone attacker misses the most insane chanses because they some how nerfed it in the latest patch, and the AI scores an equalizer on their first chance of the game, usually from some kind of a set piece. 

Well one thing i usually do when in leading in the second half is to put my team on regroup and hold shape and it works pretty well! 

Teams will increase their pressure if they are behind and desperately need to score. One problem could be, that your defensive players can’t handle the pressure while playing out from the back. Try to remove that instruction if you feel the opposition is pushing up their lines and is pressing more aggressively.

You could also try to entirely shut down your lines for the last 10-15 minutes by making duties more defensive and reducing defensive risks.

Also figure out which shouts will keep your players focused and motivated.

I'm guessing it's tiredness from your players. You use High Line, High Press, Close down much more often. By 75 minutes they are probably tired.

Try the following if you have a two goal lead, or it's near the end of the game.

- Reduce mentality to Standard

- Remove Play out from the back

- Set When Ball is lost to "Regroup"

- Mid Defensive line, with Low Block

- Remove close down "Much More Often"

- Set wingbacks to either Support or Defend

You can even set when ball is won to "Counter" if you do the above, and you may find you score a few on the counter whilst they attack you. I play in Argentina also, and thins has worked well for me.

Thank you, all ! 

I will try to include your hints gradually and see, what works best. So far, I have set my BPD to a Cover duty and set the instruction to Low Block, while playing a team with a Positive mentality. 

I tend to say that this years version is even a more wear and tear than the last years, because the intensity of my tactic is not fully read ! 

But I really thank you for your help ! 

Good luck to all of your saves, especially if in Argentina !

Hi all, 

just to update. I have changed the following and 'dramatically' improved results, meaning significantly less goals conceded in the last 20 minutes: 

- Implemented a Mid-Block approach

- Changed the BPD to Cover

- Changed WB to Support // IF to Attack 

Sitting now third in the table and unfortunately underperforming xG (but will be fixed in the next transfer window). 

Thanks !