Game speed estimate

jyny

Anyone else find the star rating for game speed unreliable? On previous editions i'd always keep to 3 / 3 and a half stars. This year however I've let it drop to two with a database of around 90,000 and over 20 nations loaded. Speed wise it's just as quick or if not quicker than previous version even with the extra load.

If I'm playing on two stars yet it's breezing through the season, what is the point of the stars?

It has always been pretty unreliable, but yeah this year it seems even more so. They probably have just never bothered to improve the calculation given the better performance of this year's game. I tend to just ignore the stars and do a test save to check how well the game is running.

2 hours ago, Zapoleon said:

It has always been pretty unreliable, but yeah this year it seems even more so. They probably have just never bothered to improve the calculation given the better performance of this year's game. I tend to just ignore the stars and do a test save to check how well the game is running.

Yeah, not very reliable at all. This year's game is defiantly faster than last year, it's great to see. Think I'll do the same and just totally ignore the stars from now on.

1 hour ago, DrIgz said:

I've been playing on half a star for years and have no issues with my game speed. I guess it also depends on what you personally consider fast / slow.

A good point. What maybe slow for someone may not for someone else. I'm going to try a database that takes me down to 1 or half a star and see how it goes.