FM24: Rotherham United. We need a rebuild!

SpillBlood

After a year break from Football Manager.  My "yearly" Rotherham United save is back and my word, it's going to be the biggest job yet!

841a16f5260a6c400be56e4cade3aea6.png

The database.

89d0fcfba0365666dab22078836ce993.png

The normal introduction.

e27780fef4a3acf3586e5c6a43d78c99.png

70de0610b7d7a75e603c4c36207a290e.png

f29f3cf24cf1d4b3b05787585dc8d62a.png

Is the squad good enough to be stay up? Possibly.  We do have squad issues though. 

We have an amazing GK in Viktor Johansson who'll be key for us this season.

Our best right back is out on loan at Peterborough and I'll be bringing him back in January.  Peltier is our best fulllback and Dexter Lembikisa, a 19 year old on loan from Wolves is our best WB.  I would not like to see him playing at RB for us, he isn't good enough defensively.  Blackett is a better CB and should make a brilliant partnership with Humphreys.

Bramall has blistering pace at LB but not alot else.  Our cover at LB is Seb Revan, a 19 year old from Aston Villa, is he good enough? In real life, he's looked decent enough, on the game? Absolutely not.

Our strength should come in the middle of our midfield.  The first summer record singing in Christ Tiehi, he's a solid ball winning midfielder, we have Cafu who is more creative and Rathbone who is our box to box.  Lindsday when fit can cover the midfield.  Odoffin can cover DM/CM and RB and Sam Clucas will be a good sub.

Our wide players are interesting.  Fred Onyedima has buckets of pace and should be one of our best players, it depends if I can get him firing.  Arvin Appiah is still young, has potential and has good pace aswell.  They'll be the main players out wide.  Andre Green can cover both flanks.

Uptop we have our record signing Sam Nombe, Jordan Hugill, Georgie Kelly and Tom Eaves.

Grant Hall, Shane Ferguson and Jamie Lindsay are all injured for 3 - 4 months.

I need to figure out what formation we want to play.  It's either 4 - 3 - 3 or 5 - 3 - 2.  Probably both as we don't have enough depth out wide and we actually have some alright bottom championship defenders.  I would like to make a Nombe + Kelly/Hugill parternship aswell.  We'll see how pre-season goes, if we need to add any depth to our team, I say that when we have no finances to play with.  Matt Taylor did bring alot of players in the summer, breaking our record signing twice.

df6a387a61b17a9be0925afbfa7370c8.png

An out of favour Rotherham player Tolaji Bola is wanted, he'll only save 2k wages but he can bring in 100k.  I don't mind Bola in real life but he isn't even registered in the team so selling him doesn't seem too bad.

Maybe we'll look at what free players are out there or what the loan market can bring.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing about Rotherham United, something that is an issue in real life and even more so when we enter the game.

The lack of backroom staff!

329e092621c3a66ff179aec9614dde36.png

e06cbd5e2e36c1ea5febdd08f52704a3.png

I'm getting suggestions who to bring in!  Can I afford anyone? No :lol:.

This will be on hold until next season unless I can find some very cheap coaches.

9 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

unless I can find some very cheap coaches

Any coaches will be better than none ;).

I've enjoyed your previous saves with Rotherham so it's good to have you back. Good luck :thup:

Edited by warlock

Pre-season

d5cb0f958f60d0c9f6385a0e3e46d1fd.png

We didn't even play bad against Villa, we had a couple of good chances and they didn't exactly hold back unleashing Moussa Diaby against us :lol: but supposedly fans were leaving early and I was to tell my players I wasn't happy with the performance, alright then.

I totally messed up against Shrewsbury, cruising, Cafu injured so I brought on another striker, lost our shape and yeah, my bad.

The rest I've been messing around between two tactics, both are working, I think I prefer 3 5 2 which will be interesting as I've never played with a formation like that before.  I've always prefered 4 - 4 - 2 or 4 - 3 - 3. 

So I've been working with this formation.  It's also the first time if I recall correctly I've had two uptop on attack duty but it's been working so far.

670dc18fb87954952d10a034c516eec9.png

I've been liking the match engine and watching the play from our midfield.  This isn't our first 11, just who started against Worksop.  Clucas has been brilliant as an AP-S, covering for the injured Cafu. 

We haven't got Cafu or Bramall for the opening game against Stoke so Bola is still at the club and I reckon he'll still be here until January as I plan to have a bit of a rejig in January when it comes to players, returning players, loans etc.

At the end of August I will have a staff update, I've sacked my assistant and coaches and have started to bring in much better quality, two of them I just need to wait on work permits.

Matches in August

893bef29ea643fbebde1ce4ef578d9ce.png

I'm hoping to get 4 points out of this, I'd love to go to Stoke and bring back 3 points.  I can't see why we can't get a home result against Blackburn and maybe a point against Sunderland.  I don't expect to do much against Leicester but we can try our best.

It's time for my first competitive game of the save!  Will us building morale against lower opposition in friendlies helped? Only one way to find out!

Edited by SpillBlood

August

8286bcdab46da18d8da9f451186d1c7c.png

I reckon we just edged the opening game of the season, Odoffin hit the post and Ben Wilmot was sent off in the 83rd minute but the end result was a draw.  We just needed a little bit more class.

The Blackburn game hurt, Odoffin did put us up and I thought we were getting the three points until Lewis Travis equalised in the 88th minute and Dominic Hyam charged in to head the ball home in the 94th to give Blackburn all 3 points.

It was the Clucas show at The Stadium Of Light.  Two goals and an assist, he was the difference in a very close game.

Leicester were probably the better side but we did hit the woodwork three times!  We were so close to edging the game but a draw at home to Leicester is a big result!

b3584e087dcd87216327fa62de6023ba.png

f479c947fa8b1529a9813d6d2cbf1a0a.png

We're 15th and I don't mind that, we're keeping it tight, three clean sheets but I do need to figure a way to get more from my strikers.  I'm thinking maybe a mezalla instead of an advanced playmaker may help.  We'll see.

Carabao Cup

bb42ec9ce8c6cd74395f5df1cab08e32.png

We managed to get a home win against Stoke after Hugill headed home after our draw earlier in the week.

ee9f25feed8bea69641c21443ea5d455.png

Nombe got his first Rotherham goal and I was really happy with this, we played players for fitness, I had Revan at LWB, Bola at CB, Onyedinma at RWB etc, it wasn't a first 11 or players in their natural position.

6908a621061c25e30b62d97e7b042859.png

Hopefully it brings in some money 'cause that's a big ask :lol:.

End of Transfer Window

It's actually bad news, I checked the clauses on my loan players, those I thought we could replace in January will be here for the rest of the season.  Some of them are taking up wages I could really spend on better players.  Bola stayed as I need him for cover.  The squad we started with will be the squad until the end of the season.  There may be a couple of changes in January but there would need to be interest first.

This shows the battle we have this season.

4e8d9ab377f7d35201a0f4c265d0918c.png

Here's the top half.

4cf9ea40e68806f293849d8972a7f822.png

And then us.

1d99a08b04db583a7851a89ea4fd0854.png

Staff

735f06a3b5e4f556fe728e697c941cda.png

We've made good improvements to our coaching team, we've brought in some better scouts but I don't feel the need to bring in recruitment analysts etc.

New Record

3af884a9c2089466677a58888c622fc6.png

Considering he still makes a good rotation player for us, we'll no doubt see Peltier finish the record at 37 years old.

Next Month

8216c40be5f3aafb8199dcd31d03b81a.png

I'm hoping we can get a Huddersfield win and a Cardiff draw, anything else is a good result.  Some tough games but then again this is a very tough league this year.

Edited by SpillBlood

September

79c639909beac730f9b30852e8d1c747.png

We were 2 - 0 down to Norwich and it was looking bleak.  I changed my CM roles to both Mezzala, a couple of instruction tweaks and wow, what a difference it made.  Hugill pulled one back and Rathbone equalised in the 80th minute, we were unlucky not to go on and win.

I changed to the same tactic in the away game at Huddersfield and even though we had less possession than normal, we hammered them 4 - 0!  What a result!  Blackett opened with a header, Hugill scored a pen, Nombe got our 4th and Super Sam Clucas got our 4th just after the break. 

We took our form into the away game at The Den.  Rathbone opened the scoring after 5 minutes and Hugill doubled our lead after 20.  Millwall tried to point a come back in the second half with Zian Flemming pulling one back but we managed to take all three points back to Rotherham.

The Preston game was close, so so close.  It could have got either way, we had the possession but both teams had chances, Clucas set up Hugill in the 14th minute for an all important three points.

We'd just suffered a heavy defeat to Manchester United, morale wasn't what it had been and we had some players out.  Hugill had been sent off against Manchester United, Morrison got injured and is out for a few weeks and Clucas needed a rest.  Hall came in and nearly gifted Cardiff a goal within minute, Cafu did his best impression of being a footballer and Kelly can't hit a barn door.  Both teams were awful but Perry NG scored a freekick for Cardiff to take all 3 points.

I'm hoping we can pick up morale in our next game.

We're 9th after 9, that's brilliant.

27b4b70e921a783f7e032bf088cc26fc.png

8c32e191c00cdb767280a584467f9af4.png

Carabao Cup

b30854b6798bbed9614e1a0ad63eb040.png

Yes, we lost 5 - 1 but we played well with 10 men and I would have loved to see our efforts with 11.  I can't fault the players, I can fault Hugill. It was strange with fans leaving early and telling the team after that atleast they gave it all they had and they seem to switch off.  5 - 1 against Manchester United with 10 men isn't that bad, it could have been so much worse on another day.

Next Month

0bfbc756a07fbfa86d988dd8766719e8.png

I'm hoping we can get 6, if not 9 points here.  I'd be happy with 7.  Just need us to get back to winning ways after losing the last two games of September.

October

c258bb2f061f6ae249db2d075da34d07.png

Brilliant month.  We were so close to a full green month!

Former Rotherham loanee Zak Vyner put Bristol City ahead after 27 minutes but Rathbone again got himself on the scoresheet and equalised in the 40th minute so we went in at the break equal.  Second half we were so much better, Nombe getting a brace in the 47th and 48th win and sub Grant Hall scoring his first Rotherham goal in the 89th minute to seal the victory.

We were 3 - 1 up against Southampton and we threw it away!  Nombe put us ahead after 6 minutes, Rathbone doubled our lead after 25 but they pulleed one back through Che Adams but that man Nombe gave us the two goal lead back.  Kyle Walker-Peters scored in the 44th and Adam Armstrong in the 45+1 to equalise.  That flank with those two was too good, it was so hard to stop.  The second half could have gone either way, we both hit the woodwork but Carlos Alcaraz put Soton ahead in the 82nd minute.  They just had too much class but what an attempt.

Georgie Kelly replaced Nombe who had picked up a knock the day before the match.  Kelly broke his duck and put us ahead against Ipswich Town after 19 minutes and the points looked pretty much done until former loanee George Hirst equalised in the 83rd minute.  I was a bit annoyed with myself as I'd make some questionable subs just for fitness as we have three games in the space of a week.  Thankfully Captain Sean Morrison headed home in the 88th minute to the points were ours.

It was a similiar script against Coventry City.  Hugill put us ahead through a penalty after 30 minutes, they scored the next minute but a huge call from the liner to give offside.  After that it was all us, I made subs as we had Sheff Weds just days after and Josh Eccles headed home in the 79th minute to equalise, Coventrys first shot on target!  Georgie Kelly got his second of the month after 85 minutes, headed in Shane Fergusons freekick.

It took 10 minutes for that man Nombe to put us ahead against Sheffield Wednesday but then we just let them attack.  Gassama pulling one back for Wednesday after 24 minutes.  They got a scolding at half time and after the break we were the better team, we just didn't put our chances away and it ended up in a bitter draw.

Huge month though, more points than I expected and a healthy looking table.  We're in a play off spot :cool: just 2/3s of the season left :lol:.

87cc88157119c1f9f874181e59779195.png

Viktor loses his top three spot in clean sheets.

6b5bb8ad03af79d99a4a19c7d0159d96.png

Next Month

dbf65189288a080e469518dca2984cca.png

I'd be happy with 4 points.  QPR are 23rd and we're at home so I really hope we can win that one.  The others are tough games.

2 hours ago, willemvandoorn15 said:

Good luck, i hope u dont end up in the prem too early, struggle a lot and lose the fun in the game.

Right now I'm hoping the same, we're floating in the play offs because some of the other big teams are struggling and alot of managers are being replaced where we're flying high.

November

2f27185308184a539c9da48536848fde.png

Another brilliant month! 

Nombe gave us the lead against APQR after 20 minutes.  Rathbone put us two up at the stroke of half time.  It was that man Rathbone against scoring in the 55th to give us all 3 points.  QPR had 2 shots, none on target.  Dykes headed over their only good chance of the game.

What a game against Watford!!! Oli Rathbone goal, Oli Rathbone assist from Lembikisa, Oli Rathbone goal and then in the 96th minute, Oli Rathbone goal.  This is a new feature for me and the first time one of my players has won it.  Oh yeah, they did win a penalty in the first half but they tried a panenka and Viktor laughed at it as he caught the ball.

9025fea8e4f69b0ed548a7eb5d3600fd.png

The Leeds game was looking to be a bore draw before Cresswell headed in after Kelly misjudged the flight of the ball in the 82nd minute.  Nombe equalised in the 83rd after a huge mistake in the Leeds defense left an open net and a pass to Nombe to hit home, I was buzzing :lol:.  Sadly, Shackleton hit a long range shot in after 92 minutes for Leeds to take home all 3 points.

The Hull match was a  great spectactle for the neutral.  Seri put Hull ahead after 2 minutes, Rathbone equalised after 11, Hugill put us ahead but Slater pulled one back after 30 minutes and we went in level at the break.  Odoffin was robbed of goal of the month after he scored a 30 yarder, I event shouted out loud wtf :lol:.  Incredible hit.  Rathbone again scored to give us our fourth in the 84th minute and Connolly scored a consolation in the 90th.

And he here is again.

956c6c41280f56cb8dbd60f2709190bc.png

What a month.

9376678b6b53aa2a7d3da78c1a210479.png

1814c2e66883d23339b8f7dddb789e8d.png

Rathbone was rightly Player of the Month.

549be83c0cddefdd323974d6bf9e6bf1.png

3d54794fb65d8453476bed47126b2432.png

Nice guy.

c40121645518b3dd1b35eaa238638b2c.png

Still think Odoffin was robbed :lol:.  After seeing the replay of Grays goal, both of my players were absolutely robbed!

Next Month

8dc6a4a4b4ce93238c9ba69b2db633e6.png

Alot of games, going to need to rotate.  Leicester and Boro have both got new managers, could be an interesting but difficult month. 

Edited by SpillBlood

December

811e9d5f687f828e65e384e8fa7ecf35.png

A month with injuries and rotation but a very good month.

A mad game against Birmingham, they were 2 - 0 up within 27 minutes and I thought to myself, we might lose this one, to Rooney, really?  Odoffin pulled one back just before the half time whistle and then Clucas equalise just after half time.  Ex-Rotherham loanee Conor Coventry put Birmingham back ahead but Kelly set up Appiah for his first Rotherham goal in the 78th minute and Kelly stepped up himself to give us the win after 93 minutes :cool:.

Nombe put us ahead againt Swansea but Jamal Lowe pulled it back in the 37th minute to enter the half even.  Tiehi scored a real belter for his first Rotherham goal and then Oli Rathbone was sent off in the 62nd minute for a secone yellow!  It didn't matter though, we were still in control against managerless Swansea and Kelly scored our 3rd in the 83rd minute to seal all 3 points.

Close game against West Brom to start with.  Blackett headed home after 40 minutes and Kelly scored our 2nd from the penalty spot after 48 minutes.  Ex-Rotherham player (I swear in the last two posts I've had so many ex-Rotherham players score against me) Semi Ajayi pulled one back through an assist from... another Ex-Rotherham loanee!  All 3 points belonged to Rotherham!

Clucas set up Hugill in the 23rd minute against Plymouth to give us a win, a scrappy game.

A good draw against Leicester, we lost Bramall early on through injury and had to play scrappy.  A draw away is a very good result.

'Boro just got the better of us.  Nothing to separate the teams.  Howson put Middlesbrough ahead after 7 minutes and Lindsay equalised in the 63rd.  Greenwood found a winner from outside the box in the 93rd minute to take all 3 points back to the Riverside.

Considering we had to sub Blackett, Rathbone and Hugill against Sunderland through injuries.  Nombe scoring the winner in the 69th minute and us keeping a clean sheet is a big win.

We may have an injury crisis incoming and January we will need reinforcements.  We're without some key players.

I really don't want to get promoted this season :lol: we'd finish bottom if we did.

7842734b284a5b27b016105d9554ce65.png

8e4f954097430861836348956dc99933.png

G'wan Kelly.

697d24791bbc10f393405d64be026444.png

FA Cup Draw

c111066d923a84a0a6ec12536d033dfd.png

A game we really need to win!

Youth intake

f5a3e77ce9248c63f6f7d5d4c86dde1e.png

Excellent intake :lol: shows how bad our youth level is.

Next Month

b634a3f6c589df49b8d9ffe2d329f748.png

We have tough games and injuries, it could be a bleak month.

Edited by SpillBlood

9 minutes ago, warlock said:

You'll have to be careful if you're going to avoid that promotion :lol:

I think I'll be alright, some key injuries so I can see results dropping off and Norwich have picked up form.  If I get Southampton in the play offs I've lost anyway :lol:.

January

2d3b658023834d8ef4c55c7a8833a923.png

Awful in the league, brilliant in the cup.

I made a huge error, I cancelled alot of loans before the Blackburn game, so my players were still absolutely knackered from the Sunderland match or injured.  We had no chance.  Blackburn battered us for 90 minutes.

We were dire against Stoke, we looked like we'd never played a game together though we'd just scored 5 in the cup.  Moraes scored in the 40th minute and Burger in the 43rd and the points went to Stoke.

'Boro was frustrating.  Poor again but we came out trying in the second half, problem is we were offside for two goals that was just poor to be offside.  Freekick is hit, goalkeeper saves, Tiehi hits in and he's offside, poor.  Kelly pulled one back in the 97th minute through a pen but it wasn't enough.

Ipswich was even worse, they went ahead after 4 minutes through Khadra, Hugill equalised and then Morsy was sent off for a terrible tackle.  We struggled against 10 men, Clucas put us ahead but Broadhead equalised in the 93rd minute as their GK headed the ball to him as our new loan striker missed the ball, two games he's made two mistakes, I'd have been better off with Eaves.

We've dropped down, probably for the better though.

e18a82ada98f4f4c4f0dc19b928341db.png

bc2dfe13045cb3f19ed2669786854079.png

FA Cup

612984c89f1768d86b068ef48ada01f5.png

New players/loans came in and battered Sheffield Weds, was brilliant.

d5dd1b81f48e7625509a362cb200ed3e.png

We're either against Wolves or Nottingham Forest next.

Deadline Day

4fe3c588cdf71cd7112cbf6ec60f5ba3.png

Krafth is a huge signing, Fiorini has been alright before he picked up an injury and Daferner has been awful.

47caee3fd5ebb6866d974d4dacc6efee.png

He's a huge signing for us.  Why I needed to get rid of bad loans, to have wages to bring in this sort of player.

In

b8a37cc78edcea7e39c2e385fd6fe13c.png

Kioso has also been recalled from his loan

Out

56000f70bde59c4a4d9bdcdb2956e1fa.png

Green didn't get played, Cafu wasn't my sort of player and I wanted to cash in and get his wage off the books.  Bola wasn't playing.

I sent Appiah, Revan, Fred back to their parent club to save wage.  They weren't needed and it was alot of wage.

Eaves may be going to Ireland and we may be getting in a CB for free.

We're still bottom of the wage table.

cfbd45d23f08091114f6112168ededa4.png
d8c4a871da495c2e90ed18293c509ea4.png

Next Month

a46c3816d1e5218bc69587a5c15b0f6a.png

We need to get our form back and win a league game.  I can't see why we can't get 6 points in Feb.

Edited by SpillBlood

February

5779a24babcf33fe75af0cc4b49914d9.png

Brilliant month.

Considering how complimentary I'd been about Southampton last time we played, they were awful.  It easy and they had one shot on target all game.  Cluclas, Rathbone and Tiethi all on the scoresheet with Tiehis strike netting his goal of the month :D.

We had a lucky escape against Leeds!  Gnonto found a loose ball and space and put Leeds ahead after 3 minutes.  We couldn't deal with them, they were too quick and good for us.  Out of nothing, Fiorini squares the ball to Kelly who slots in after 73 minutes to equalise, our only shot on target.  Leeds had the better chances but it was a draw.

We may have fouled them a little to stop play aswell :D

5d26227aee9a32955a371913c04150e0.png

Roles reserved against Hull.  Our xG was 3.03, we had so many chances with Cohen Bramall heading over when he basically had an open net to head in.  Nombe put us ahead after 63 minutes and I'm thinking I know Daferner isn't doing that well but we're holding our shape.  A bad decision later as I subbed him off for Hugill, Hugill gives away a silly freekick and Morton hits the freekick in after 90 minutes!  Frusrtration!

Another easy game against Watford.  They didn't have a shot on target.  Hugill put us ahead after 27 minutes and Rathcome came off the bench to be set up by another sub in Bramall to make sure all 3 points belonged to Rotherham after 85 minutes.

A quickfire double put us two ahead against QPR.  Hugill scoring in the 13th and 18th minute.  Duke-McKenna scored a good effort to pull one back for QPR after 19 minutes.  Bramall made sure the game was sealed after making in 3 in the 90th minute.

Looks like we're play-off bound.

d32f4781e885a499f08edceeaaed14e6.png

0749eeaeb8d40a53578035e4152fe42b.png

9e9bf8bb64913ccce619e2b4071a8770.png

FA Cup

59707cc30a73481c1df558109329b2d8.png

Look at the xG difference, we FM'd them :lol:.  A mistake at the back, Daferner pressed and got his first Rotherham goal by hitting into an empty net, it was brilliant to watch :lol:.

We either have West Ham, Bournemouth, Villa, Palace, Leeds or Man Utd in the next round.

Next Month

6d0bd1f99b2b09085b678cc01f7d34dc.png

Should be atleast 6 points, I'd say 9 but I don't know where they're going to move the Huddersfield game too. 

Need to make sure we actually beat Sheff Weds in the league!  Just got a few tired legs out there after ET vs Forest.

March

65226198052b4b29273ceeb3a618ad3f.png

Incredible month!!!  Especially since Clucas has been injured for the month and his replacement Ferguson is injured for 5 months.  It's been a bad month for injuries.

We weren't at our best against Sheffield Wednesday with some tired players but Emil Krafth was the difference.  A low drive from outside the box on 57 minutes gave us the win.

We had the better xG against Coventry but in reality we cancelled each other out.  A draw it was.

A fantastic result against Norwich, away, down to 10 men after 12 minutes after Cameron Humphreys was sent off but they didn't create any good chances.  I went more attacking later on, changing my Mezzala pair from support to attack, Linsday found Georgie Kelly in the 75th minute to take home 3 points.

We weren't even at our best against Preston but they offered nothing.  We finally got our first goal after Kelly headed in Krafths cross and Krafth himself doubled after 70 minutes after he hit in Bramalls cross.

add13d0ad0645de18c869c2dc494a133.png

Another player of the week :D

af3b7f78cd0b7a7735b601efb314ec72.png

There's a small chance we can sneak a promotion spot, which we do not want.

e6a5b7d949d3535f39ffa2090c278285.png

f1a3960f38fb24075f2dc8e445057178.png

FA Cup

64484df59c4c0763a92f717d98b91c07.png

Aston Villa were awful at the back!  I didn't expect a win at all but they were poor.  We made it to the semi final of the FA Cup!

b97f788ee14dd9f400357b60689ad3fe.png

Tough game but the easiest draw since the other two were the Manchester clubs :lol:.

Senior Affliate

Talking of Manchester

33a6804adb45c2c656f7676b0ed98afd.png

Our finances are shocking, I'm looking to sell a few players in the summer and if we can bring in some of the City youngsters with no wages, that'll be a huge help.  We have one currently in Lewis Fiorini who I wouldn't mind keeping, so to have him for free would be great.

12f545037606aba95be2317727ece972.png

Next Month

67cb5f9d8495f639c148e290d9107c21.png

So many games, we have injuries, suspensions and tired players.  I wouldn't even say we have any hard games left now apart from the FA Cup so this could be a good month.  I can honestly see us finishing 2nd, heck if we do finish 3rd, I might even somehow throw it.  I can't get promoted, I'll just finish rock bottom of the Prem with the players I have, I think two players are honestly capable of playing in the Prem, two.

Just depends on who can stay fit through an 8 game month.  We'll see.

Merry Xmas everyone!

April

527de702514bced67cb3a67f9835608f.png

Brilliant month with a bad ending but it's probably for the best.

We were 1 - 0 down to Millwall, they'd only had one shot on target and did all game, I went down and made changes or it looked like we'd lost.  Sam Nombe came on and got himself a hat-trick, two of them in stoppage time.  Huge win.

2d7839f1b342f21e3a7a298cf7f2b8ac.png

A cracking goal from Rathbone was the different at Plymouth.  It came in the 75th minute and ended though we had chances, we couldn't put them away.

West Brom were awful, no wonder they're struggling.  Nombe, Adams and Rathbone all on the scoresheet in an easy game.

Swansea weren't much better.  Nombe got himself a brace and Adams headed home as went 3 - 0 in at half time.  Kelly scored late on to make it 4.

Viktor was out for the Huddersfield game and Phillips started.  Daferner opened up the scoring after 10 minutes, Kelly doubled after 27.  Thomas pulled one back for Huddersfield from the penalty spot.  Fiorini after assisting two got himself on the scoresheet in the 61st minute.  Wharton got his first Rotherham goal after 68 and Fiorini assisted another goal as Hugill scored our 5th in the 89th minute.  Firoini is class.

ca36592bea27b4bf25c3aadf780dacf0.png

In a way, I may have sabotaged our game against Birmingham to make sure we didn't get play offs but regardless we still should of won, Nombe missed a sitter late on that should have scured all 3 puts.  Daferner put us ahead after 14 but Stansfield equalised after 31.  An ex Rotherham loanee Tariqe Fosu put Birmingham ahead after 70 minutes but Lembikisi equalised after 81.

We were terrible against Bristol City, I mean, I did rotate but we were poor, Bristol have beaten both us and Norwich in recent games.  Benarous scored after 42 minutes and Sam Bell doubled after 56.  I made alot of changes and Krafth pulled one back after 84 minutes but that's our first loss in 16 league games.

84e6be5668ba27a15a918dbb9d09c88b.png

Thanks to the FA Cup run we did beat our unbeaten record though.

ef0080cfe322444611cf043bef90a89b.png

We play Cardiff in the last game of the season.  In an ideal world, we beat them, Leciester take 6th and we have to play them in the play offs.

Player and Young player of the month :cool:.

b99b55792928c073c1f9f89ffab3086b.png

5bb0a07d1e192ea104d1c8c3ee457199.png
8f784eeb272f81f88692a6e42e027296.png

I'm hoping we can keep Fiorini next season.

141c6673aa88836b53d39550781d19b7.png

:lol:.

FA Cup

5e1ef5aa9faca92dec9de807926c6af7.png

Super sub Georgie Kelly.  Another 10 men story!  Leeds couldn't hit a barn door!!!

d49251ed4d40e315141a0f43f7d3cd26.png

Haaland to get 10? :D:lol:

Youth intake

c89eb8b84dd654f8c1e616cfe77e29a6.png

Nothing to see here :lol:.  None of them will make the cut.

Next Month

2c7f6d4bfffb6ef7237f25ea464f472c.png

Play offs and an FA Cup Final.  MASSIVE season.  I really hope we don't win the play offs though, City can gift me the cup :lol:.

Last Day of the Season

cbc2b85d2d0a2e4f5f3b65f7b308404a.png

9e4a80dd9aef3a0e452285f0b506b744.png

bdfc57a8ef9a777ff8e66d74f56d115e.png

9221a9401d6e0fbbfce4f3e89a087cde.png

Stoke will be a very tough game for us, which all in all is not a bad thing.  If we did win the play offs, it'd be because we're beaten the teams that could play in the Prem.

At the other end of the table.

cf5b9c0b8d3e421917a32b616785e585.png

I wonder how much I can get Rudoni for :lol:.

Edited by SpillBlood

First Leg

2d9208d5755f7068a4f7993b4e925028.png

That was so so so close, both teams should have scored more.  Hugills finishing was the difference.   Moraes did score in the 88th minute for Stoke but he was JUST offside.

Adams and Viktor were solid at the back.  Look how good Viktor has developed :D.

1bf587783c3de782a91dabbe38aa18e5.png

Adams was actually a signing in early Feb.  He's been solid as for us.  13 apps, 3 goals, 1 assist, 7.18 rated.  Has experience for Hoffenheim and Basel.

08c225319e911fa61c32db574b91981f.png

Right, a proper Merry Xmas to anyone who has read, sadly I can't get the second time game played today as I need to go visit family :D.

Edited by SpillBlood

Second Leg

72860ca35379a2feb553d2157467e1d8.png

We were the better side with some class finishing, on top the final against Leicester it is!  A team we haven't beaten and have done alot better under manager Ralph Hasenhuttl.  It will be a tough tough game.

FA Cup

d8fb27dea804b3b9ad45dcac5d4d3a0c.png

I didn't expect anything else :lol:. We had no Fiorini as he can't play against parent club and Bramall was suspened.  We didn't get a shot on target, just Tiehi smashing a long range shot against the crossbar.  We did brilliant to reach the final.

977b5105ad2bc54b1a7408288a2eeb06.png

It's the play-off final time!

End of Season

c86999bf010219416e6bafa076e4e177.png

Well we started with our Chairman retiring, I guess he'll be passing it on to his son.

Nevermind, we've had an update and we could have a takeover.

03b07bda5a7a3431de9954bb74b779e3.png

a0bfc8d7efd5d4430e9391c8b269eb14.png

Quite shocked at this one, especially in the second half of the season he was cover at LWB.

202887da1643d3fcde9e541fdb79064c.png

Two awards for Lembikisa :eek:.

4f180885504d31fd630c93e05ff188d3.png

One of his two brilliant thumps.

b1c7e0c58624c8ffbb760248120e073f.png

Absolute class, hoping I can keep him this summer but I may need to look to cash in as his value is about 15mil!!!

42708b269678e4d116966e9754ca2e78.png

2a62fa73bb675931d83bae05a363ac61.png

Be able to get a couple of good players in with that I reckon.  There is a CM on a free my scouts are raving about, he does have some weaknesses but he has a good left foot and we need to replace Clucas.

End of Season #2

2a7e131045896f52f1f77cdab38edf3f.png

7de6d5d9118eeea1e9e3a4fdfc6a8a9b.png

Of course Emil is signing of the season, he's class :D.

73acc10ca63be4f85935fa0d8d11436b.png

Only a C+ when I was supposed to try and avoid relegation :lol:.

d95092ed238c40ea86f41da67d024075.png

20b01c9665fe34ed7e85b332a8f89381.png

Thankfully we have some money back in the club.

1a0c1288920dcc4e4827db57e4d2252a.png

Pretty much, just Fiorini in for Clucas after January.

7709965f65b4849a82884ec57e4cdadf.png

I can't believe Dexter is winning so much.  He is a handy player being able to play RWB and LWB for me.

eebfa79fb1f95ca0346022da1b435f0f.png

Time to try and make this squad my own, get rid of deadwood, get in some good loans from City and improve the team!

99a6ee6ba5a1ce7b32addcb530d0ae10.png

eb6cf0f00ba5b0f0ccb8f3258ac42ad3.png

Edited by SpillBlood

Season 2 - 2024/2025

d5067a99d9275ea09c5ef82b06760a24.png

Pre-season went well even though I didn't actually play any, I was too deep into finding actual players for the team.

The squad so far:

42265bb35e368590dbb235f2d06ac80b.png

If you know anything about the 2023 Rotherham squad, you'll see most of them aren't there.  I didn't want to lose the likes of Blackett, Odoffin or sell Hugill and Tiehi but they priced me out on contracts.  A couple wanting 15k+ a week, others 20k+ a week, it wasn't happening.  I got some good money for both Odoffin and Hugill and I've broke the transfer record on a single transfer.  I still need some depth but let's get into who is who.

3b1a1f986845d76d721d94d4d774167f.png

4138c945d17aaf9d13b88129fee53734.png

Loaning in from parent club City just hasn't been possible.  They either wouldn't loan me the player or the player wouldn't come.  The players that would aren't championship level so I've had to look abroad to get in depth.  We do have a a 22 year old DM coming in to play backup to Stjepanovic.

155k for my Clucas replacement, he does have some issues but my scouts wouldn't stop telling me about him.

952a239d5aca2d0f6f32e7541f1e8ac5.png

A better backup than Phillips.

ceb06e05389e31b584857cc0fbd0d2e8.png

Davis is a risk, he has injury problems but if I get him going, I think he'll be a real assest to the team and a replacement for Hugill.

092891f5966445e792f30c3e2a7ae068.png

Blacketts replacement.

ee84f901affb884bac5aacfbcb59f79f.png

Lindsays replacement.

e69329d68a7638370869e2bf63befdf5.png

For 850k I think van Hooijdonk is a steal, I'm looking forward to him and Davis uptop.

55d1cab0a97934a316e71efd3faf5623.png

Cheap squad player

bb424fd755a7a9de3b0d63c4174f7a8c.png

I'm paying a bit of wages but Iroegbunam should be a good rotation option.

572c99c5c489bd2117097f18a1a25918.png

I'm actually planning on starting Koumetio and training him up, he was cheap, I love his jumping reach and he's only 21!

16fbcc1453bb42c0eca284909f090cfd.png

Cheap cover for Krafth.

11c98c8dda215c5c0d3155de95bbfbba.png

Cheap LWB loan option to push Bramall.

e5401cffbdc2693669c0d8e30e6b80f7.png

The 4th Swede in my team and another Striker to put pressure on starting two.

51ca497b6957786fb81d81b6bb39da04.png

I honestly think 1.5mil is a steal.  Play him, improve him, sell him for 15+mil.  For 20 he looks absolutely brilliant for me.

f051998e0b4997377d6b948f5efd57d4.png

We're about to kick off the league but our transfers aren't over.  Nombe is moaning he wants 20k a week so I'm trying to sell, we need more depth.  It's been a harder window than I imagined but I do feel the team is stronger overall.

Staff

457c38b823f64170a3cb23eca0c632b7.png

We've had some staff poached so I've brought in some new faces, trying to improve the team the best I can, we're looking very good in the coaching department.

Fixtures

6fa7b481b5d950b95ab5424168fda3e1.png

Alot of games without my full squad :lol:.  Let's see if they gel and we can get a good few wins under our belt.

Edited by SpillBlood

August

51def4087288b184fc90d9cf543d1a6d.png

Good start to the season!

We were cruising against Coventry, 3 - 0 and looking good, van Hooijdonk had got himself a brace on his debut with Rathbone scoring out 3rd.  Sakamoto pulled one back in the 59th minute and then Ben Sheaf pulled another back in the 91st!  Nerves came in but Tim Iroegbunam scored a great goal to make it 4.

Portsmouth didn't stand a chance.  Rathbone scoring in the 63rd minute and van Hooijdonk in the 67th for all three points.

We didn't play our best against Wigan.  Adams headed in two Bramall corners to give us the win.  Defensively solid, attackingly struggled.

We were the better side against Luton so it was a shame to draw.  Brown gave them the lead after just 3 minutes but van Hooijdonk equalised after 15.  Gaspar put Luton back after 27 but Rathbone equalised in the 35rd.  We kept going at them but we couldn't get the ball in the net again.

A great strike from Rathbone after Karacic stole the ball and set him up was the differnce against Preston.

Johansson was injured for the Palace game, he may have been the difference.  Adams gave the ball away needlessly against Crystal Palace, they countered and Eze put them ahead in the 41st minute.  van Hooijdonk equalised in the 43rd minute but a mistake from Scales at the back saw Palace take all 3 points after Sobolev hit in after 65 minutes.

Look at Bolton go!

40785a2b40091101c3d3868b4178969b.png

1356d4cb453e926a59c07deef0d88176.png

Carabao Cup

90a93ee48ec3c03c17cdc3eafe9cf73e.png

Their manager came out after and went "Rotherham aren't as good as they think they are".  You had 1 shot off target all game :lol:.

a92e5aa529db316b9199878d02ebb3ed.png

A mad 3 minutes!

fbb329fdee85dbeec49e3350f7a4053d.png

Tough game next.

End of Transfer Window

e17104b6dac621be90c73d55348fc94e.png
:idiot:

Why on earth would I loan out my best CB :lol:.

97d2aa758d89eb7e1f023ec77972be21.png

9302383eda6ac96b4d9eae2b5733e07d.png

a504ec1a3a6151962a77aaff69cf3fe3.png

I mean, the name of this thread is rebuild, so 17 players seems alright :lol:.

5acbb5874b63a3dab5158095da36193a.png

We've creeped up the wage table.

Players I brought in on deadline day.

707281081abfb2d341e52df0ab99638f.png

Mr. Versatile and it'll help us.

5e567cc5ca7cbcf1d8445f8ed2ebd0a5.png

Not been impressed with some of the new CBs at LCB and Burke is a better player with Premiership experience.

6aa4a9aa26e2f4f81ac7cb58d0f0fdb3.png

He is injury prone but he's here as a squad player with pace to burn.  Nombe won't be playing much, he's out of favour after moaning over and over why he thinks he should be paid 20k a week... :idiot:

a7f2956d335537c2986b75f1c815fad0.png

We're got a good squad and I can't see why we can't push playoffs again.

Next Month

0dfe4d679c48f64f378df1c1a6fefac4.png

I'd like to think we can get 6 points here!

September

2ace1b6f6c343bf935f0207ae4db6125.png

Iirc, out first green month!

Tough game against Stoke.  Mehdi Leris gave them the lead after 10 minutes, Keinan Davis pulled one back and Leris was there to give Stoke advantage again after 37 minutes.  van Hooijdonk equalised in stoppage time of the first half for both sides to gin equal.  The winner came through van Hooijdonk scoring a 51st minute pen, phew.

'Boro didn't register a shot on target and I thought it was going to be 0 - 0.  Kapic put us ahead in the 58th minute and I made some changes which saw goals.  Karacic made is two in the 77th and Sarr finished the scoring off in the 83rd.

What a come back!  Taira scored after 12 minutes and Naismith scored a pen in the 32nd minute which I thought we were down and out.  Sarr scored an absolutely beautfil strike just before half time to pull one back.  Crooks scored a cracker to equalise in the 51st minute and substitute Krafth scored the winner after 60 minutes.

Absolutely class against West Brom.  They didn't have a shot, not on taget, a shot!  Davis put us ahead after 12 minutes and it looked like a routine 1 - 0 but our subs had a huge impact.  Crooks scored another cracker in the 85th minute and great pressing from Sarr forced a mistake in the WBA backline giving Obafemi a clear cut chance which he hit in the bottom corner for his first Rotherham goal after 94 minutes.

566be643cf377c727eb1a92b7857453c.png

Zanden is giving me a selection headache, so is Karacic tbf.  Both are playing class.

Deservedly top of the league.

248ffe09f1e63bdb71a60b5d42d83794.png

e83d27644bb3e425ce97b4c930cf96e5.png

I have one LWB top of assists and another LWB in avg rating :D.

f25cbf4af96de2b2836c06cc12e32883.png
0d01914e4b7a50f901833c9edcd2908a.png

(Not sure why last months Palace loss is on there).  My first Manager of the Month award :D.

Do feel like Crooks was robbed for a goal of the month.  He didn't even get top 3 and 1 of his goals was amazing, better than Tiehis goal of the season!

New Contract

4d91fa0dc8f30e8e384d69633a9f7aa8.png

Keep the good times rollin' :cool:

Carabao Cup

439869d035573946ca60558f430bad4d.png

That was such a tough game, feel like we won because we were at home. 

322133e35a2d2a52f52c778e133187dd.png

Boring
:lol:

Next Month

cdcca6418a3469e6610dcc58e19d36ca.png

Surely we can get 9 points from these 4 games.  Tbf none of the teams are doing well, Blackburn are 23rd and Watford are 24th.

October

703b67f1fff3fb23c568967dc5b7644f.png

What a month, we capitalized on clubs poor forms.

Davis gave us the lead against Blackburn after 19 minutes.  Adams headed in after 33 to make it 2 and Koumetio headed in after 81 to make it 3.  Easy win.

Cardiff were given a soft penalty after 28 minutes but Johansson denied Emerson.  We went in level at the break and it was all down to quality finishing, it was an even game but Burke headed in our first after 57 minutes.  Bramall headed in a low cross after 60 minutes and Krafth headed a ball into the box with Sarr nodded past the goalkeeper after 76 minutes, 3 headed goals by different players.  Why I like my physical players :D.

van Hooijdonk got us off to an early lead against Swansea after just 5 minutes and Kapic doubled after 28 after a brilliant through ball from Sarr.  19 year old Ben Lloyd pulled one back for Swansea after 44 minutes with a great shot from the edge of the box.  Koumetio headed in after 90+5 to seal all 3 points.

We absolutely battered Watford, 3.64 xG vs 0.16.  37 shots, 16 on target vs 2 shots and 1 on target.  Bachmann was unreal in net for Watford.  Bramall gave us the lead after 17 minutes with a quality finish from the edge of the box.  Crooks doubled after 83 minutes after a great surge into the box and a great finish.  During the game Davis and Obafemi missed an absolute sitter each.  When Tom Ince popped up in the 93rd minute scoring a Shearer-esque volley I thought it was going to end up in a draw but we held on, we have to finish better when we have THAT many chances!

0592a1082eca30c27597eaecc2b97e8d.png

We're top but Southampton are chasing!

edd9ccb1c25f649ed9439dab8631bc3e.png

6ea46ca387770a1466e3268e34ee7075.png

96a26bf21c82df44d5c4ec9aa388e251.png
7f504b44e9143a320d2a4f8a3d448343.png

My 2nd manager of the month award and it's in a row :D.

Carabao Cup

4ad0f4cc122caf746e6e74fcc3912a2f.png

WHAT A WIN.

City did not turn up at all, even with their "backup" players, every one of them walks into my team, I thought we'd won it in 90 minutes and I broke my unwritten rule, I always tell my sub if you're winning, even if a CB isn't playing well, don't sub them, it always ends up in a goal if you sub them.  I brought on Welsh and Scales, Welsh passes Alvarez the ball, barely under pressure, people to pass too and it makes a mistake like that.  I was gutted.  Thankfully we held on, took it to pens and we won.

487c2e5c0dc080a56cf7c2654957bba8.png

Hopefully a home draw helps us out.

Facilities

ba1469290a2a53b7302b7240bb25bd37.png

47d1a35475cf3abc280e64fefbc16f2e.png

Slowly upgrading the club facilities.

Next Month

507829888356e14f7340818b2cd450ef.png

Everton will be tough but hopefully we can get 10+ points here.

November

77693933777ae88e331e3f5d8513ccf1.png

Brilliant month but not all green!

We got off to a great start against Everton, Crooks struck it, it's hit Patterson and gone in for an own goal after 5 minutes.  We doubled out lead after 66 minutes from the penalty spot, van Hooijdonk converted.  Koumetio headed in Bramalls corner in the 77th minute for all 3 points.

van Hooijdonk struck a goal of the month freekick, finally scored one with his 16 freekicks!  To give us the lead after 11 minutes against Plymouth but they matched us all game.  Burke conceded a penalty which Hardie converted after 51 minutes and a draw it was.

Bonny gave Sunderland the lead after 29 minutes and they were the better side.  Sarr was played in and O'Nien has tackled him.. with the ball going into his own net.  An own goal to equlise.  Davis found himself in good space to hit in a loose ball just before half time to give us the lead.  Sunderland came out better in the second half and we struggled.  Ekwah hit in a good strike to equlise after 53 minutes and a cross from Hume found Jack Clarke for Sunderland to take the lead after 60.  Bramall found Davis for his brace to equalise in the 72nd minute and even more bad luck for Sunderland.  A low cross to Davis which he probably would have converted if O'Nien wasn't there but he was, and it was another own goal that gave us the win!  Mad game!

A Sarr brace, both assisted by Crooks who converted himself in the 93rd minute for an easy win against Bristol City.

8e8731f8c497a536afc7cb11cee11188.png

Another easy game against Hull.  Iroegbunam hit a great strike to give us the lead after 28 minutes and Crooks thread a great ball through to Azeez who slotted in for his first senior goal after 53 minutes!

7 points clear!

848491e8556716ff911fb44fb5e383a2.png

634348304fcbffe3a7317f70d74b0034.png

G'wan Sydney.

2a304375a60e1bcaf0ae178b19d9377f.png

e1ef764e07782abde3d2f812bad574a0.png
ec7bffd0ccff87739e49e444684311dc.png

3rd in a row :cool:

Next Month

ca640cb1f10796c7d669945b9d87c4de.png

Hectic month, Bolton are playing well and we have them twice.  Southampton are just behind us.  A huge month in the title race imo!

9 hours ago, warlock said:

Going really well - don't think you'll be able to duck the promotion this season!

We've got strength in depth this season with some players showing they'd be able to cut it in the Prem.  Really chuffed with how it's going. 

For some reason Swedish players and Rotherham United go hand in hand together :lol:.

December

3a547d1b6b81e92fb4104b51a08aaf91.png

Brilliant month.

Bolton were not a bad side at all we were just clinical.  Kapic got us off to a good start after 25 minutes and Sarr doubled just before the break.  van Hooijdonk scored our 3rd after 53 minutes but Bolton had a chance, from the spot.  Viktor saved another penalty after another Burke foul :lol:.  Iroegbunam finishing the scoring after 76 minutes and that was that.

9ccee55c549449876c2b759a76a11272.png

Frustration.  We shouldn't have lost against Southampton.  Davies and Crooks both missed big chances but that's the difference between champions.  With their only chance, Sulemana found Ballard with a low cross to put past Viktor and a big 3 points for Soton.

We battered QPR, they didn't have a shot.  Obafemi scored after 13 minutes and that was that.

Obafemi kept his streak against Birmingham.  Putting us ahead after 14 minutes and doubling just before the break.  Davis scored out 3rd after 51 minutes and it was another game with not many chances, but we took them.

351acd591c78716ca7c5afdf7175a17c.png

Bolton were much better at home.  Welsh scored his first Rotherham goal, driving into the box and hitting in after 3 minutes and was impressive to see for a CB :lol:.  It was a very tough and even game through out.  Late on Sarr with a very wonky pass saw Bolton break and Dempsey played through Edwards to equalise.  Even game, even points.

We battered Ipswich, it should have been more than 3.  Davis scored after just 7 minutes, we scored twice but were sadly offside.  Needing another goal Koumetio back from injury headed in after 72 minutes.  Ipswich did pull one back in the 89th minute and it was a nervy end.  Welsh was fouled in the box, penalty given.  Davis stepped up and Hladky saved.  Thankfully just a minute after Davis did score with a great goal.

We're very much a home team.

94c4a157e582af2502388b45cbe454ae.png

Still top by 6!  Really happy considering the run.  Alot of tired players and a few injuries.

8065ef006537e1d63bceadc4dea0929b.png

ac50875203814660f66e1e4d32953ac3.png

Carabao Cup

ff6a2aef3ee55c3c1e9835e02f89ccc8.png

We took our chances, Arsenal were poor, they didn't really... do anything to show they were a Prem team pushing for Champions League.  Being at home helped alot.

6e926e99f72243caf32a75adf2593b20.png

We know we can beat Villa!

Youth intake

162c4c696bb447408edcf1b4f08fe9da.png

Not really happening :lol:.

Next Month

fc1a7617dd07a16f30d35c73732b850f.png

We do have some interest in some of our players, I'd rather not sell but if big bids come in, I can't say no.  Nombe has gone, after his wage demands, I listed him and I think he played once.  He's moved to Swansea for 2.9mil.  2 upfront, 1mil over 1 year.

I think it's a month we can do well, we'll just need to rotate to keep players fit as that's alot of games again.

January

7dee0430fa3227d667a7ef74da12f6f2.png

Not our best month.

We had so many chances against West Brom but we were so poor.  WBA xG of 1.40 which includes a penalty, ours is 2.51.  Dike headed in after just 7 minutes, Davis equalised finally after 85 minutes.  Ball comes in, Matazo is judged to of gone to heavy on the attacker and WBA have a 93rd minute pen that Maja hits past Viktor.  Not good enough.

It didn't get better against Cardiff, we had to rotate but we found ourselves 2 - 0 down after 13 minutes and it looked like we were going to lose when it hit half time.  I gave them a good shouting at and Sarr and Bramall pulled it back to 2 - 2 in the second half.  Even game in the end, have to do better at home.

Another bad game.  Davis put us up after 11 minutes but Pickering equalised from a wild shot from the edge of the box which Viktor could have done better.  Hyam headed in to make it 2 - 1 to Blackburn after 29 minutes, we were the better side but poor at the back.  Davis equalised in the 52nd minute for a draw.

I rotated my midfield/wingbacks against Swansea and we just, battered them.  A hat-trick for Davis and a hat-trick for van Hooijdonk.  We were 3 up when Swansea pulled one back through Kuhharevych but it didn't matter.  Much much much better football.

8a05993a3bf2fefb37dbd79f6d9f3c05.png

Pretty sure this is my first 10 rating in FM24.

Still 4 points ahead somehow after a poor month.  Great in cups mind, you'll see that below.

a5f873c28c89b993c14d430260769c23.png

0678a138ffbb2b440bdba88978b49a38.png

FA Cup

1052d6354e8bc16d305235a8b3083e82.png

Brown scored a brilliant overhead kick.  We weren't class but we were clinical.

0b6975ea87e0ad0887cd3611c897fd86.png

Deserved win.

6f4160a38861f909cee8e04d862a33b3.png

Tough draw but we've beat them once this season and we're at home.

Carabao Cup

f78b55d5a78e610d8b7186f2ee9e3350.png

Villa were poor, their only chance was from the spot.

b08680b067ae28a62ec66976b5384576.png

I have no idea what Villa were doing, their tactics made no sense.  Easy game.

Into the Carabao Cup final!

We're against Spurs, it'll be a tough ask.

Deadline Day

After Nombe left, nothing else has changed.  No one has left, no one was brought in, this is the squad that will win us trophys or bottle it.

Al-Duhail were looking at Viktor for a long time, they went for Pickford instead.  Everton then had interest in Viktor but didn't bid, thankfully.  Humphreys has had interest from Belgium but I don't think they could afford him.  That was about as much interest as I had.  I would have potentially tried to cash in on Krafth due to his insane value but he's currently injured.  My 1.5mil valued RB plays aswell as my 12mil valued RB.

1b0346f7c3eb07cf04de6ba0afdf6a1c.png

866c48f202ad0ab34bd3599fe87d17f4.png

Everton spending that much on wages and are 22 points behind us.

b1b8ad730be939bb2337aa0323bcdf27.png

338814ba74860decf6e3e7bebaaa9d55.png

Then again Bolton are also above them and are spending over a mil less a week :lol:.

Next Month

aef6c6a81a86a223b675605e055df8a4.png

So many games still, we need a break :lol:.  We'll just keep going and see what happens.  This is a HUGE month for us, there's a few teams we need 3 points against due to their poor form.

February

ff79bc8ddac7e64be4eab15cae6a82ce.png

Brilliant start, poor end against Everton.

There's a reason Watford are bottom, they're so poor.  Adams somehow denied a goal for us being offside after a header from a corner but made up for it after hitting one in from outside the box.  van Hooijdonk got himself a brace before half time and Davis made it 4 after 77 minutes.

'Boro never really threatened but it was 0 - 0 at the break.  Davis, Sarr and Azeez got us second half goals for an easy victory.

Stjepnaovic gave away a penalty which Riis hit in to give Preston the lead.  Welsh scored a nice goal a minute after to equalise.  Azeez gave us the lead in the 54th minute and Crooks finished off the scoring in the 93rd.

Palace went down to 10 men after 45 minutes, we went down to 10 through injury but we battered them, Stjepanovic scoring a volley after 69 minuts, Zanden wish a nice finish after 77 and Kapic scoring after 83.  Mateta did pull one back after a counter in the 84th minute but the points were ours.

We took the lead early against Stoke with Davis scoring after 5 minutes.  Stoke eqauslied from the penalty spot after Burke gave away another penalty :lol: after 65 minutes but Davis popped up again to give us the win after 89 minutes.

We were the better side against Everton, so many chances, Crooks hit the post but they got one chance.  Barnes found Gueye on the edge of the box, he passed to Ramadani who hit in after 53 minutes, game over.

We're flying high at the top still!

b2e9acc93b7b175c3663837b6ff9fa42.png

831309a61799dc41cff272ea574db0dc.png

Carabao Cup

0ae18eee1e4464e8079c29da1c62a255.png

I didn't expect anything else, we got battered for 90 minutes.

c517ec7ea2b139b61ad3af690a40638f.png

FA Cup

989784810400c7d64bf4e440bc75a0dc.png

Frustrating as Rathbone should have equalised but hit the bar.

bcf0bd654d533e877f24704013f38c7d.png

That's our cup runs down, time to win the league!

Next Month

04104cf4704693190603883107b363bb.png

Alot of winnable games and time for players to rest.

March

44b336403053d1af9aa572d99b3a2a05.png

Nearly perfect!

We got back to winning ways against Plymouth.  At home, in control and Kapic running the show.  We were brilliant from start to finish.  Davis got a brace, van Hooijdonk score our 3rd, Welsh our 4th and Kapic our 5th.

96ecf97ef8b8caf2ca7e800186cb53b2.png

The different in a tight Sunderland game was van Hooijdonk who hit in a freekick just before the break.  Both teams cancelled each other out, a moment of magic was the difference.

We were the better side against Bristol City, we created more but they got the first goal, we hit the woodwork twice and they scored in the 83rd minute.  Adams headed in after 88 but it wasn't enough.  We can't be losing games like that.

Needed to rotate against Portsmouth and it worked.  Sarr getting a hat-trick and Welsh getting on the scoresheet.  Bishop pulled one back in the 55th minute but we were in control.

Great spirit against Coventry.  Coventry hit the bar and Eccles hit in the rebound, he does like scoring against us.  Kapic equalised just 3 minutes later in the 17th minute.  Somehow after 78 minute we equalised and I say somehow because I have no idea how van Hooijdonk is being played onside in that position but he is, it's so bad by Coventry and he's 1 on 1 to slot home to give us the win.

We're flying at the top and have chance to beat Readings point total iirc.

0599e8aaea762a42ea77d0f23c09586c.png

2593eea5f041e04d970b6056e03533c8.png

Next Month

2a128be9e87ba3d2f8fa23f07aca159a.png

Some tough games and I'd very much like to get revenge on Southampton :mad:.

April

25da6dd1f1876a44c80118f54625d499.jpg

5663e818c8db5e56e5f84e0bc6bfb0bf.png

Our 30 unbeaten home run came to an end against Luton.  We took the lead in less than a minute, Kapics shot deflected off Lockyer into the back of the net.  Iroegbunam had been on the pitch for about a minute until he gave a penalty away which Jed Wallace equalised with ater 71 minutes and then two ex-Millers, Ogbene played a low ball for Carlton Morris to hit in after 91 minutes.

Wigan, who were pretty much relegated at this point were clinical infront of goal so we went home pointless.  On loan Edwards gave them the lead but Davis equalised and we went into the break even.  Callum Lang got a second half brace and we had so many chances but we couldn't put them away, Crooks pulled one back in the 89th minute but it was too late.

Much better against Southampton, the win that gave us the title.  van Hooijdonk gave us the lead after 28 minutes, Manning conceded a penalty but van Hooijdonk looked too cocky and Bazunu saved.  Manning was sent off early in the second half for two yellows and it wasn't until I made some subs until we saw some quality football.  Kapic, Koumetio and Obafemi all getting on the scoresheet, a very rich and deserved win.

QPR are 22nd and you can see why, we battered them.  Kapic scoring after just 2 minutes, Sarr after 5.  Second half goals came from Humphreys, Sarr got his brace and sub van Hooijdonk came on to help him attempt to win golden boot.

Same against Hull, totally outplayed them.  Sarr got us off to a good start after 7 minutes and van Hooijdonk had got himself a brace before half time.

That leaves us one game and we can potentially break the point record.

We did set one record already.

92a2e4fc18e988abecfaf0725a22c488.png

02ce95063c8329959803437b832b12eb.png

b5e97631c1efca9af86ef5a7a6c31e77.png

We have two strikes that could win golden boot.  Two players who could win player of the year.

16e0265b34eeed7f39399793b4de3793.png

Initial Budget + Player Revolt.

2208c0cbaad462644c4b3785e32d108d.png

Strange thing to put as we're champions but I've had Crooks, Humphreys and Karacic all demanding new contracts with insane wage demands.  Humphreys isn't that bad but I wasn't planning on keeping him.  I prefer Adams and Welsh over him and I'd still prefer to find a better LCB.

I can see a big summer happening.

Youth intake

5bd9a5f7613af3b3b34cfb31e21d1fb4.png

Looked like I had one promising player but he's unambitious and really doesn't look like he'll ever make it.

Final Day

044eec51a47b255e6dcbcd9da8bc4044.png

They need to win to potentially make play offs, we need to win to get the record points.

Congratulations :applause: It looked inevitable for a while, but to do it while breaking records is a great achievement.

The wages thing... it's happened every time I've won promotion. Probably realistic but some of the wage demands? :idiot:

50 minutes ago, warlock said:

Congratulations :applause: It looked inevitable for a while, but to do it while breaking records is a great achievement.

The wages thing... it's happened every time I've won promotion. Probably realistic but some of the wage demands? :idiot:

The thing that's baffled me is Viktor and Adams both came to me and wanted new contracts, both starting players and there fees were what I'd expect. 

Viktor is the best player at the club and he's on the highest wage, Adams is on a sensible wage for a player of his calibre, I mean, 13k a week in all honesty for my main CB seems like a steal.

Now I'm promoted, my squad rotation RB, not even Krafth, wants 30k a week.  Crooks wants 35 - 40k a week and then is upset I went no and listed him.  Humphreys who isn't consistent and got dropped wants 28k a week.

I understand we have more money but the wages, player worth and demand is crazy.  I can see a big summer because some players want more wages then they're worth and I can bring in better for cheaper.  Some I would have kept if it wasnt' for these insane wage demands.

End of Season

6b07a08440adaafba0ece002b17dc66d.png

We did it, it was difficult but we set record points.

And record goals.

a456d83207af457774fe95a25aa4eb08.png

Chairman injects money

cb02cab23a8966ca3027acf88296a8e3.png

b3b735e63cabed92622becdf00286e79.png
0a8d330d1f81c2824f1fce4ce038238c.png

553ae6f8e91e84aa58dcebf7203a58e1.png

He wants us to upgrade and he's put his own money in, pretty happy with that!

End of Season

5b0c921609c2610a7282f82e7731c6a4.png

331dc7556a549b73419cde99067e438f.png

van Hooijdonk has to be signing of the season in the Championship, has to be.

f8869bdfb0c8446cba1985d30c67b11b.png

446bad8bde3b3066baa6182ced11324b.png

99ae4de1882c5aba6097c0d3b4b29302.png

Shocked Azeez has sold more shirts than Rathbone, Adams etc.  Am I reading this right, 138 shirts sold? What? :lol:.

53f4abc5f7001fe37acace996966c439.png

Nearly but Kapic is always CLM and Krath is RB.  Davis and van Hooijdonk are also on the wrong side of each other.

5a2a38a049ee77e1a3ba003d307434cd.png

e4a99ac9b1c843c20ff4d61df97e80db.png

9e3892ac4f345bbb85132feabdce6af5.png

Big big big summer ahead!

Posted (edited)

End of Season Awards/Records

12fd93b02204c6884f0ea2312ce5c011.png

b60589df1d7ad79cf29db2c7e6bdae37.png

c440117a43bc8242f470065b586fd9d1.png

2cf7633e54ff6df2f852fc910beb7010.png

9070d9649f448d35cd215404259c3b26.png
17994c13e04ec6ab3cea2cbd2c3696e4.png

6c1650ce8a194de3ccb6547adfcef0ed.png

Shocked at Crooks.

Do I?

2f6643b2650bb665ef0ffa353c9e923e.png

He'd be played at DM and maybe cover at CM, he'd cost 4.9mil, I love his work rate and determination.  He lacks jumping reach for me but I don't know, I see him and feel there's a proper player to be had here.  Only 20, will probably start over Stejpanovic, he's won FW Young Player of the Year and Scottish Player's Young Player of the Year.

Signings of the Season

422d52df888993db8d0964605f808310.png

4 out of 5 :lol: and look at my fees compared to Nuamah :lol:.

Edited by SpillBlood

Season 3 - 2025/2026

81b8dd775cd280fbd5038b10977e3c18.png

A pre-season I left to my staff whilst I tried to find players.

The squad so far.

455e53800a83027552d6f1b0f9a3ac60.png

Goalkeepers are the same, we have a new RB to compete with Kraft, a new LB to compete with Bramall, a new LCB.  A new midfield, a fringe striker and a striker to push to start. 

We have some unhappy players in Crooks, Humphreys and Burke due to contracts but sadly there isn't interest in them but they make good cover.

34e9ca210757ca6892d79e709dadac62.png

I'm not clued up on German football and I'm not sure who Heidenheim are but Tim Siersleben are raved about by my scouts and I ended up checking their squad and cheers for the CB, LB and ST :lol:.  If their RB was better in the air I may have taken him aswell :lol:.  We did miss out on a couple of targets, my original CB target chose Burnley over us.

Azeez going for 8mil is crazy, he did alright but Las Palmas must have really wanted him because I didn't think he was worth that at all.

708e19c379c0596e5bb0c6e9245ad122.png

Karacic wanted a silly amount of money in a new contract and had declined as a footballer at 28/29.  I wanted him out.

So who is who?

Sander Berge for 2.4mil from relegated Burnley is a steal to me.  Will be starting in CM next to Irving, feel he'll play well with Holm/Krath down the right, really happy with this one.

6b5b20ae59a8437a5b7415d5698c52e3.png

Left sided CB who will start!  3mil is cheap for a player of his quality.

f851c00632be04567891bc4a2889c1ce.png

Solid LB who should be head and shoulders above Bramall.  Will help Siersleben settle in.

e08e5cfaa1651a15442b72b77279c598.png

Mendes has a good scoring record with Ascoli, he comes as a backup striker and I'm sure I signed him in FM22 for my Rotherham team.  My scouts also suggest Maximiliano Salas who I know I signed in FM22, I'm sure it was these two who helped keep me up but Salas wanted silly wages.

b60750774bd27191769dde67c6c9be6f.png

Okay Irving isn't a Mezzala but I think he's pretty good and will be starting at CM.

633a44140cec7192e531d7d6f3ade6e5.png

c8b575ddca97c241ae939fa317bd4dbf.png

New starting RB.

370d1e3d21b29c151c227339bf323af2.png

Strong Pressing Forward/Target Man.  Think Tietz will be handful.

8fc7e22b96ba6a4667c2c8e52957cd1e.png

And from the end of last season for 4.9mil.

a0c4cfe3c99031dc3badb37df7eb5597.png

My favourite of the bunch :D.  Hopefully he'll go down as a Rotherham legend in my save.

And hopefully my new Scottish players who join Welsh in getting a national cap.

efb52fc75bdb72fa6be9e20bd99644e6.png

The spending should be over.  Depends if some of the backups leave.

4a9589628ca0ba694332944212d1c2ea.png

I'm still trying to improve the back room, I have two scouts coming in and I can't find a set piece coach at all.

ed8f5c02aeecb3ef6484bd66fdda4480.png

Season Start

bbd72492dee3e8654f56056c40a49c29.png

I honestly think we can get 6 points here, I can't see why we can't get two home wins!

August

4989501d963b4e1928e79490aba55617.png

Incredible month, be more clinical my opposition :D.

A huge deflection saw Southampton take the lead after 35 minutes.  Holm just 6 minutes later equalised and we went into the break even.  van Hooijdonk did what he does best and got himself a second half brace.  Matteo Pessina was played through and pulled one back for Soton but we managed to hold on for a debut win the Prem.

What a win against Leeds!  End to end football!  xG was 2.93 to Leeds, 3.07 to Rotherham.  Gnonto put Leeds ahead after a low cross from Sinisterra found him free.  Titez headed in to equalise after 28 minutes.  We went ahead after pressure from van Hoojidonk caused Max Wober to score an own goal after 58 minutes.  Leeds equalised just 4 minutes later through Kristensen, a deflected ball found him free in the box to slow home.  I made some subs, 95th minute, 95th!  Kapic sent a free kick up, found Bramall in space who crossed low for Welsh for all people to be free to hit in!  I do believe Mendes would have hit in if Welsh wasn't there but what a goal, what a win!

Tietz put us ahead after just 5 minutes against Villa but good work from a corner saw Douglas Luiz slot low past Johansson for Villa to equalise after 16 minutes.  Berge hit in his first Rotherham goal after 76 minutes to give us the lead and sub Davis who's slowly coming back from injury hit in after 83 minutes to give us the win!

What an amazing month!

048ffc4bdec3f3316920a9cae9eb0d0c.png

cf34c579e34c0d8273df18e98e2c1256.png

Somehow I beat ten Hag to manager of the month :D.

b03ab2435f4c9bea72f185c2be61e3b8.png
82667ef8a4d2ba6710cf6494e47ab56e.png

Cheers from the guy I just hired? :lol:

Carabao Cup

30826509cc0b8e9511c9f5ecd4aad9b8.png

Played my second team, we were awful infront of goal, I put Crooks upfront and we missed so many chances.  We thankfully won after pens but we should have won in normal time.

d1ff3d88f7b75dea864618eb16cf314b.png

An away draw, not great.

Deadline Day

a5407de71493af8cfcba11fbc7812c6f.png

It saw Koumetio leave us for 5.25mil and McKenna come in for 1.9mil.

I know he's not a ball player but Adams isn't having the best time in the Prem and I think McKenna is an improvement over Adams and Koumetio.

15542cc233a8329a2132a26e443212e0.png

We're just trying to compete

37647faeec6e0d204b2c151ad5acd73a.png

80ee948e44724055624ab3b4809a34e4.png

d8dc1fe19768f032f90a504f181d1e97.png

b4ff420d641a4293617bd633f277b68a.png

We're an absolute tiny fish in a huge pond, if we manage to stay up, it's massive.

Next Month

e3e1993c6a3db2c22d1a4c2481ba2525.png

Chance of points, it'll be tough.

September

32996794d04bd61a4c0aaed516aab0e8.png

Good month!

Leicester battered us.  Adams started due to injuries and it didn't go too well.  He gave away a penalty which Johansson saved but then scored an OG from a delection.  Daka doubled just after the break, we looked second best all game.

Forest potentially better, they had alot more of the ball but we cancelled each other out and a draw was fair.

We grinded out a probably undeserved win against Brentford.  McKenna gave away a penalty after 4 minutes with Calvert-Lewis hit in.  We fought back in the 2nd half, Berge hit in for his first Rotherham goal after 59 minutes and Mendes on a sub headed in after 73 minutes to give us a win.

We're 2nd in the league but it's so fake :lol:.

bfacf93f1242fd73d5f44da9dcde0b9e.png

f8d0c409e6b72f2e5bd2db55a00561d7.png

Carabao Cup

15c4b2710e78f5061ee99d4d0fd25e5a.png

We tried, West Ham were just too good for us.

Next Month

cca561f6a754753e13b955969505cf81.png

Try and get something at home to Bournemouth but this could be a pointless month.

14 minutes ago, SpillBlood said:

this could be a pointless month

Nah - Bournemouth and Brighton there for the taking. Champions League incoming at Rotherham :cool:

October

3dd6fce17c7be249f3baadaa5748a35a.png

What a month!

Bournemouth didn't have a sniff, 0.04xG.  Kapic took a shot and Tietz was in the right place to make sure it went in after 28 minutes and that was all that was needed for 3 points.

Brightons wide players were the difference against us.  They were better than us but we struggled.  Mitoma gave them the lead after 14 minutes but van Hooijdonk equalised after 38.  Buonanotte gave Brighton the lead again after 56 minutes after a good corner routine and cutting past Berge to slot in.  I've noticed since we've been promoted teams are using much better corner routines.

I tried a different tactic and it worked, we equalised Manchester United.  Scalvini gave United the lead after heading in Fernandes' corner.  van Hooijdonk equalised after stealing the ball from Varane and hitting in after 47 minutes.  Davis doubled after a good counter and ball from Berge after 54 minutes.  Hojlund was found by Rashford after 70 minutes to equalise and we matched United.  Such a good showing.

Another quality game vs City.  Davis went off early injured and Mendes replaced, he was us a won early on and van Hooijdonk gave us the lead after 19 minutes.  We held on for ages but De Bryune scored in the 75th and just onside, Akanji scored in the 77th.  I went back to my normal tactic and attacked.  Kapics corner found Mendes to head in after 90 minutes for a draw. 

11 points above relegation. All I care about.

Oh and the friendly was played as I only had 5 on international duty and I wanted some of the lads to get 90 minutes in :D

fea26fdd7c11030a155e5e7c220ce7ec.png

919c8dae280d40e33e0dd5c054741697.png

I love how Tietz is 3 POTM considering how many times he's been out injured already.

Next Month

576759e45bd33b5f35e97bab539a6d87.png

We need a win against Fulham and anything else is a bonus.

November

55b9fa47a0345618adccf540188e2856.png

Crackin' month.

Did exactly what we needed too against Fulham and probably should of had more goals.  23 shots, 10 on target, 2.20xG vs 6 shots, 0 on target, 0.26xG.  Berge found van Hooijdonk in the 53rd minute to put us ahead and that was that.

I went with my new away tactic and we managed to hold Arsenal until the second half when Watson gave away a penalty after a corner was swung in.  Saka put it after away 81 minutes so I had to try something.  On a counter, Tietz found that man Mendes who loves a big goal and equalised in the 81st minute, we held on for a big draw.

I rotated a little bit and yeah, Everton absolutely battered us with their LB of all players, 100k a week Vitaliy Mykolenko getting a first half brace and Talisca geting a 3rd before the break.   I made some changes and we tried, van Hooijdonk pulled one back after 83 minutes but we scored 3 times!  Just a shame 2 were just offside, bloody VAR!

Newcastle were poor for such a quality side, Berge found van Hooijdonk with a quality ball who put us ahead after 40 minutes.  Botman had a huge chance to equalise after Viktor came out for a corner and was caught out but he headed over for us to take home all 3 points.

We're 4th but after next month I could see us in the bottom half.

79e56439095f5b5544ee694debccc2b7.png

4eac18d66d58dd58d5436c500951b0ad.png

It does help we have a striker who's scored as many as Haaland and Gakpo.  van Hooijdonk has 8 in 14.

Next Month

736c4ace0e2569bea3186b6b7b4ff6ee.png

Any point here is a bonus.  A very hard month.

December

c48dde8c732460c0be86cd586ebdfe0a.png

Unbeaten month!  Brilliant!  So many late goals to cost US the win aswell!!!

Raheem Sterling absolutely tore us a new one, all I can say.  He scored in the 9th minute and the 12th before Forhenbach pulled one back in the 31st minute.  Sterling popped up again in the 39th minute for his hat-trick and went into half time lookign defeated.  A few changes and some belief and we were a different team second half.  Tietz came on to score a brace to give us an unlikely draw!

SO CLOSE to w ain against Spurs.  Skipp gave them the lead after 5 minutes from a shot from outside the box.  Berge equalised in the 41st minute and we went into half time even.  Berge was the creator this time and set up van Hooijdonk(feel I've wrote those two combining a few times already) to give us the lead.  I had to try make some subs to hold on but Emerson Royal had been a thorn on our side all game, his through ball found Bentancur who hit in after 90 minutes to draw.  So close.

AGAIN, SO CLOSE.  Liverpool have played so many games and they rotated, we were the better side and that man Tietz gave us the lead after 69 minutes.  Tietz had the biggest chance when Mendes crossed in, his header met the bar in the 92nd minute.  We were playing well and looking like we were going to win until Thiago hit a 25 yarder into the top corner in the 94th minute! 94th!!! We have to finish our chances, 3 clear cut chances!

Same with Wolves, probably the better side, finishing was pretty awful and we finally took the lead after Kapics shot defelcted in off Kilman after 70 minutes.  I thought it was our game but Neto crossed in and Silva headed after 86 minutes for another draw.

Still, I expected 0 points this month and we got 7.

Very proud of our league position.

5ef1941f6a6dcafdfdf972037bf1091e.png

825d6152a1307ed93c0c9d7b7a3e6ad4.png

Cup Draw

d386097374d98c5979fc00f98c284f67.png

Away but it'll give me chance to rotate as we have so many games.

Youth intake

f05c0fc91cbb55a395e41c7d6e42931a.png

A homegrown Mezzala would be amazing, let's hope we do get a good player :D.

Next Month

892adb11011de1d46ba48498834c354c.png

A month I do hope we get a few points, I know we have some away games but they're still games we can pick up points.

Not sure we'll do much in the transfer window, we'd need to ship players out first.

Scouting in January

Looking for wonderkids, the next big thing but so many of them have work rate/teamwork issues or you can tell they won't hit their potential.

I really like this player, strong right foot aswell, I'd love to train him up up at CM playing Mezzala but 9 determination :(.  I can't bring myself to do it.  I feel there's a player there but I don't exactly have a Milner like player to mentor him.  Berge and Watson are probably the best.

11ed9a9708cd602789d44474b782a462.png

January

622cd2adf4f2f685d1538802fd0b1e8c.png

Frustating, lack of quality cost us points.

We were amazing against Leeds.  I thought we were looking at a loss when Gnonto put Leeds ahead but he was offside.  Tietz after 18 minutes put us ahead, Berge doubled after 23 and Tietz scored our 3rd after 40.  The second half belonged to van Hooijdonk as he scored a hat-trick.  Brilliant.

e0c6fe8c220ffe0f03b592de112db0ae.png

We were awful again Southampton, went in at half time 1 - 0 down, having 2 shots, 1 on target and I threw the water bottle.  I went straight out full attack, my wing backs might aswell have been AMR/AML but it worked.  van Hooijdonk equalised after 46 minutes and Kapic scored the winner after 71 minutes.

Not good enough, we didn't create enough but we were slightly better than Villa but their only shot on goal, a headed effort from a corner saw Diego Carlos head past Viktor to give Villa the lead after 90 minutes.

We went ahead from the penalty spot against Leicester and looked good, we missed too many chances, Berge was 1 on 1 and put is well over.  Leicester found some fighting spirit and pulled it back through Ndidi after 74 minutes.  We just lacked quality and Leicester were there for the taking.

2.67 xG, 3 CCCs and 5 half chances, we had so many chances and our finishing was lackluster against Forest.  They went ahead through a Holm own goal after just 5 minutes but after 7 we were award a penalty which van Hooijdonk put away, he missed some great chances until he put away a quality through ball from Davis after 31 minutes.

We're looking great still but it's helpful when you have the top goalscorer in the league who is attracting attention from other clubs.

2b948de23adb44b9eb7fa2708b66c418.png

a018f84f3b6a63aa193c488cc234c77b.png

9814bae1decd934145938cd2a0a2e8de.png

827559d819fbc6482a5c8bd9f02b6a5a.png

FA Cup

4fc2b928d0a3447d0402de525562ba84.png

Quality.

017050f1b0e2638fb7e0efa51f94754d.png

Not quality.  Drew 2 - 2 to a team that had one shot on target.  Big mistake from McKenna to give Solanke a free shot and then an OG, we had chances.

Club Stuff

9d4aa92dbee75303e435fe6771da8a01.png

Bank loan for what, where, when, who? 'Cause it ain't in the club balance.

But he did offer me youth facility upgrades.

fdfb60721f1635a16ebec86167439fdd.png

Deadline Day

3f42f926e6a428dc3aaf9e6a0218f935.png

I loaned out Burke who will be joining Wrexham for a mil at the end of the season.  Alot of clubs wanted Adams but he rejected them all, shame as he won't play and I wanted the money.  McNally is here to cover since he was a free loan.

5224e207f5cb32671aa34b008843e36e.png

107mil on a 33 year old Salah, mad.

d4276f26240c8b26320cd13e627567a0.png

:D

Next Month

7ad5e62c79b24e1ca1549fa6fa054cfb.png

Hoping we can progress in the FA Cup and pick 4/6 points up in the league.