How To Get Your B Team To Become Full Time

Hi Guys, hope someone can help because I can't find any info about it.

I am managing a German club in the Bundesliga that I brought up from the 3rd Division.

We have a B (II) team and an U19's.

My B team is currently only part-time and so whenever any players are promoted to the B team from the U19's they are only training part time. Additionally, any staff members I try to recruit can only be given part time contracts, and so I can't find any interested staff to appoint.

B team staff can normally be used as First Team coaches, so would be useful if the B team could go full time so that I can appoint some decent staff that can help out with coaching.

Question is, how do I get the B team to become full time?

There doesn't seem to be any option for this in the Club Vision options etc.

As far as I'm aware, over time they will naturally climb the 'hidden' leagues and go from Part-Time to Full-Time and appear in the lower divisions, then in the Bundesliga 3 (if they have good enough players etc). 

Not much else you can do about it. 

But, others may have more knowledge around FM24.

Edited by Cultured Left Foot

What I mean by this and to share a little further (as I'm also playing in Germany....)

I've just loaned out this CB from my 2nd team.....

image.thumb.png.ef85644d8db6a5382d3b80aedd8dcfc2.png

The key thing to note here is that he's played 18 appearances for my 2nd team and scored 2 goals....  Backed up by his 'History' tab...

image.thumb.png.0f6131fdc9f29287ccd1431062461b72.png

image.thumb.png.0e2b7c2e647e78034ec2d98d1c892449.png

But... when we look at the 2nd team's fixtures for the year... They've only played friendlies that I've arranged.... (which in his history tab aren't there... they are however classed as non-competitive in his statistics).

image.thumb.png.35f234bf00f88013b1e6ea755fcb4752.png

So although it looks like the 2nd team aren't playing official fixtures, they are somewhere in the background. These fixtures will determine if they get 'promoted' from hidden leagues and make their way to the Bundesliga 3 and so on. 

You can generally determine if they are moving up the hidden leagues by your 2nd team players average ratings over the season in 'Competive' League fixtures. If the majority are scoring over a 7, likelikhood is they are going to be promoted and moving on up the hidden leagues.

Hope that makes sense and helps a little.

Edited by Cultured Left Foot

Teams are promoted from fourth tier to 3.Liga on reputation. The higher the rep the higher the chance of promotion. One way around it is to use an in game editor and max out your B Teams reputation. Eventually they will get promoted into 3.Liga. Once their lower their reputation back to what it was 

Edited by wicksyFM

Cultured Left Foot has it spot on. It's luck of the draw if they ever make it. I was about 12 seasons into a Freiburg save when the B team got promoted into the 3. Liga. Now, if I know i'm going for a German team, I use the pre game editor to swap out a team in that league. Just make sure they're good enough to stay up!

This part of the game means a hell of a lot to me and has been sorely neglected for years. Untouched, actually.