Focus Role in Training Page

What's it do?

Is it the special training regime to train specific players the specific attributes we think those players need in the role we've assigned them to?

Or,

Is it just about training those players so they can get more comfortable in that specific role (like when we wanna introduce a player to a new position so he simply feel natural in it) and nothing more?

I can't find any guide about FMM's training everywhere, especially the 24.

• SI Staff

Hi there, thought I'd shed some light on this. In short it's both. If the player is already comfortable in that position, they will focus on those key attributes for the role (they will also develop in other areas, but these attributes will be the main focus). If they are not already comfortable in that position, they will start learning the role and their ability to do so will depend on their versatility, personality etc etc (so keep in mind that just because you ask a player to learn a new role, doesn't mean that they will be successful, or be happy about it). 

4 hours ago, Tom Kraft said:

(they will also develop in other areas, but these attributes will be the main focus).

There it is. Thank you for shedding some lights into that 🙏.

4 hours ago, Tom Kraft said:

If they are not already  (so keep in mind that just because you ask a player to learn a new role, doesn't mean that they will be successful, or be happy about it).

Well, how can we know? I mean, we have indicator of how a player feel about particular positions on the pitch, but we don't have one to check how they feel about their Role. All we have is "Recommended" note.

Ah, while we're at this, did you guys check the bug out I've reported here:  https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-mobile-bugs-tracker/gameplay/players-role-shown-doesnt-suit-my-chosen-setting-r20695/

It would be nice to read straightaway from Profile page about how my Focus Role training doing to the players.

Edited by Blancos

On 07/12/2023 at 13:33, Tom Kraft said:

. If the player is already comfortable in that position, they will focus on those key attributes for the role (they will also develop in other areas, but these attributes will be the main focus). If they are not already comfortable in that position

Thats interesting - An extreme example, if a Forward was happy to retrain to be a centre back, they would start to focus on Positioning, decisions, tackling, aerial etc?

On 13/12/2023 at 16:52, jamie_B_105 said:

Thats interesting - An extreme example, if a Forward was happy to retrain to be a centre back, they would start to focus on Positioning, decisions, tackling, aerial etc?

That's my assumption. That's why I try to train all of my Forwards in CF focus role, even when I mostly put them as AF in the actual matches, because CF focus training is more diverse than the AF one 😁.

On 21/12/2023 at 17:02, jamie_B_105 said:

Is there a link or information showing which position/focus role develops which attribute?

In game, you mean?

Iirc, you can look at the player's training page. The description will show what attributes your player needs to shine in that specific role.