The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Just got baclk from the match. Says something when me Nick & Marti nal come out smiling & asking how we lost. IT was one of those games.

Everyone is spazzing out over nothing. Only the second goal was a **** up if you ask me.

Savage is a disgrace as are the Blackburn fans for reasons I will explain tomorrow (explains the 6 minutes of added time in the second half)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Calm down? Jesus, just got back, will explain in the morning. It wasn't even that bad a game, they just got lucky and thanks to some bloody luck they scored 4, great away trip and a fun night had by all.

James07? said to me "Its like on FM when you dominate for the first 15 mins and the first shot they score and then everything they hit turns to goals"

Calm the hell down ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with both of them last night was not as bad as everyone is making out. In the first half they scored off pretty much every attack they had.

Coldberg- are you refering to the blackburn fans keeping the ball when it went into touch, as we have done that a few times there in the past so cant complain really. The little kid who hoofed it then gave evra the finger was pretty funny though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Vidic looked sound. I don't mean he played well, but he certainly has the attributes and when he settles he will be excellent. Most of you won't remember Gary Pallister's debut, but he was terrible and a bag of nerves. He also took a few months to settle in but eventually became the best United centre-half in the last 15 years in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary who?

having finally seen what the fuss was about, im not overly concerned with the result. all 4 goals were preventable, all comedy errors in their own beatufiul way.

was reluctant to do the rio out of defense thing because as mark said, its breaking up what has been so strong. but for the first 38 minutes it was going so smoothly, rio seeminlgy bossing the midfield. then it all went tits up and the players most at fault were the experience lads, not vidic/evra.

sahahaha fbbb, yes ruud was dropped and it was a bizarre decision, but why people are using that as an excuse for us conceeding 4 goals (3 TO DAVID BENTLY FFS icon_mad.gif )im not sure.

gutted weve lost rio for the pompey away game as their band of misfits may have figured out how to play by the time we turn up and it would have been nice to have a bit of stability in the team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

having finally seen what the fuss was about, im not overly concerned with the result. all 4 goals were preventable, all comedy errors in their own beatufiul way.

was reluctant to do the rio out of defense thing because as mark said, its breaking up what has been so strong. but for the first 38 minutes it was going so smoothly, rio seeminlgy bossing the midfield. then it all went tits up and the players most at fault were the experience lads, not vidic/evra.

sahahaha fbbb, yes ruud was dropped and it was a bizarre decision, but why people are using that as an excuse for us conceeding 4 goals (3 TO DAVID BENTLY FFS icon_mad.gif )im not sure.

gutted weve lost rio for the pompey away game as their band of misfits may have figured out how to play by the time we turn up and it would have been nice to have a bit of stability in the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely he misses Fulham? A red card is an immediate ban, is it not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

am i doing that thing where i think they have the 7 days before it comes into effect when in reality thats something i made up in my head? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's correct for suspensions for 5 bookings. Not for red cards.

am i doing that thing where i think they have the 7 days before it comes into effect when in reality thats something i made up in my head? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure its real. Its all confusing as I tought he'd miss the Liverpool game as the game Roberts misses is on the same weekend as the FA Cup ties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Fulham next?

wonderful......so, so, so, so dull. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't say that, its the first game I'm going to this season icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Pretty sure its real. Its all confusing as I tought he'd miss the Liverpool game as the game Roberts misses is on the same weekend as the FA Cup ties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roberts was elbowing, which is violent conduct, so it's a 3 game ban.

2nd - 4th doesnt make much difference, still get the same prize. the league cup is now officially the most important cup in england and so we obv wanted to win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

With our midfield we look better doing the 4-3-3 thing at this moment in time.

For me Rooney is in bad need of a rest as well. I wouldnt like to see him involved at all against Fulham.

Rio restored to the back line with Wesley(Not a reflection on Vidic but on Wes), Smith, Park + 1 Other in the midfield 3 and a front 3 of Ronaldo, Ruud and Saha.

Last night was bad and all i have heard at work is "Manchester, scum,scum, scum", "Rio makes a top midfielder" and "What a performance last night" but hey, Liverpool drew and we are still in both cups. Still on for that 2nd and 2 cup wins so Fergie can leave on a high.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Pretty sure its real. Its all confusing as I tought he'd miss the Liverpool game as the game Roberts misses is on the same weekend as the FA Cup ties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His was a straight red tho wasn't it? So longer ban? Or did I imagine that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

With our midfield we look better doing the 4-3-3 thing at this moment in time.

For me Rooney is in bad need of a rest as well. I wouldnt like to see him involved at all against Fulham.

Rio restored to the back line with Wesley(Not a reflection on Vidic but on Wes), Smith, Park + 1 Other in the midfield 3 and a front 3 of Ronaldo, Ruud and Saha.

Last night was bad and all i have heard at work is "Manchester, scum,scum, scum", "Rio makes a top midfielder" and "What a performance last night" but hey, Liverpool drew and we are still in both cups. Still on for that 2nd and 2 cup wins so Fergie can leave on a high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure Rio will be banned for Saturday and I think tinkering now would not be a good idea.

Smith should be available tho for Saturday so Flecth and smith and then Park and Ronaldo on the wings and Ruud and louis up front.

Oh and you know that isn't going to be good enough for Fergie to leave Taz. Unless the Glazers sack him or push him out, theres no way he's leaving for a few years. (although he may surprise us and do the right thing)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

His was a straight red tho wasn't it? So longer ban? Or did I imagine that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Roberts was elbowing, which is violent conduct, so it's a 3 game ban. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rio got two yellows, not a straight red so unless im mistaken yet again, its just a one game ban ie fulham at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was talking about Roberts, not Rio.

im never commenting on sendings off again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that would be best icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

first player to score a hat-trick against man u in the premiership, which is nice for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, Dennis Bailey?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

The good bits:

Rooney stepping up and becoming a 'leader' of the team properly. I'd now class him as more senior than Rio by a long way.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was Wayne's least effective game in ages, he did nothing bar miss one golden chance to pull a goal back. The guy's a genius but everyone has the odd off day, last night was one of his.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

The bad, bad bits.

Vidic, absolute shambles. If it was Newcastle we'd be laughing.

Evra being innefective and with little defensive awareness.

Ronaldo very wasteful </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vidic had some shaky moments and some promising ones. Remember Jaap Stam's first months with us? He was worse than Vidic was last night. Give him a chance ffs

Evra was very good I thought :/

I don't see why Ronaldo's getting so much stick, he was better than Rooney last night, despite having lumps kicked out of him from the word go. Set up the second goal, put some decent crosses in and ran at people. Even showed a willingness to stay on his feet even when being clattered (which probably wasn't all that wise, seeing as the useless c*nt of a ref showed no inclination to protect him). Not sure what more people want from him in his first game back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Ronaldo is far far too inconsistent to be considered anything other than guff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh be quiet you old goat, you didn't even watch the game ffs icon_biggrin.gif

Erm, just a fantastically bizarre evening all in all. Don't think I've ever seen us dominate a half and go in 3-1 down - Blackburn offered nothing, fed off the scraps of some defensive ineptitude of the highest order, rode their luck with the ref and I ended up laughing as the fourth goal went in, ridiculous icon_biggrin.gif

The Ruud-inspired comeback was great, two typical finishes from him, really believed we were going to get something from it but we resorted far too quickly to hoofing the ball long when we had 23 minutes after it got back to 4-3 and we should have just kept playing our natural game. Could easily have been more goals for Blackburn, Kuqi's just a joke of a centre-forward - a Shearer without the talent. The red card's a farce - first yellow's stupid by Rio but MGP's conned the ref a bit, second yellow's just a joke. Three players go in for a 50/50 (or a 33.3/33.3/33.3 I guess) with their feet up, Savage does his swallow dive and Rio's off. The coup de grace of a truly inept refereeing performance by Mr Dowd.

VDS jumping into the crowd \o/

we're all going to Cardiff, na na na na \o/

town full of inbreds \o/

less said about the shambles getting back to Manchester the better /o\

After watching SSN this morning for a while it seems that Mr Savage is still alive, there's a shock.

The game last night was just plain weird. I don't think we were anywhere near as shambolic as people are making out. I wouldn't say we dominated the match but we were in control for most of it. Blackburn scored of pretty much every chnce they had.

I don't know wh ythe defence is getting so much stick either icon_confused.gif I though Vidic was solid until towards the end when we went 3 at the back & were chasing an equalizer. Brown & Evra got assists last night too didn't they?

Ronaldo looked a lot better last night too, his head didn't drop even at 4 - 1 & he did a bit of tracking back for a change. I thought the midfield passed us by last night due to Blackburn jsut using the hoof tactic.

Brown did handball it & it was a penalty, I coudl tell that even at the match. Never in a million years should Rio have been sent off either. Was a 50-50 ball & as usual Savage ended up rolling on the floor. Cannot believe the ref sent him off. Some of the tackles that Ronaldo hurdled last night were way worse than that (the two footed lunge by Reid near the touchline where Ronaldo was bombing down the wing & then kncoked it out of play) & the ref didn't even talk to the Blackburn player about it.

The only thing I thought the ref did correct last night was the 6 minutes of added time in the second half, although it should have been even more, Savage was on his arse for at least 4 minutes.

That brings me nicely alonmg totalking about those loveable rogues that are the Blackburn fans icon_smile.gif

Everytime the ball went out of play it was like feeding time at the zoo. Even at 2 - 1 they were wasting time by not giving it back. The incident in the second half was funny when they kept it for a while & when it eventually bounced out of the stand a kid hoofed it down the pitch & made what looked like a 1 finger salute to Evra icon_biggrin.gif Still it shouldn't be allowed.

Everytime they scored they were allowed to come charging down from the stand towards us & give us abuse. Now surely that's incitement? icon_confused.gif It doesn't bother me & I couldn't care less but with the whole Neville thing it does seem a bit like double standards.

If I hadn't been able to see them I wouldn't even had known that Blackburn had fans there last night. They barely made a noise all night. At 3-1 we had a full on easy chant & the na chorus of that ever witty USA USA USA chant. As soon as we got 4-2 it all went deathly silent again.

Reading back on this post I come across as slightly bitter but I am honestly not icon_biggrin.gif Last night was a pretty great night. Even the result didn't put a downer on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

first player to score a hat-trick against man u in the premiership, which is nice for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, Dennis Bailey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the Premiership, Nick. Ostenstad did but had the 3rd wiped out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

less said about the shambles getting back to Manchester the better /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh do tell!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Kuqi's just a joke of a centre-forward - a Shearer without the talent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did Martin say that to you? icon_biggrin.gif

Erm, Dennis Bailey?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1/1/1992. I know PJ had already pointed the mistake out, but i thought it was worth mentioning again icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh be quiet you old goat, you didn't even watch the game ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen you icon_mad.gif I have a reputation to uphold icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh be quiet you old goat, you didn't even watch the game ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen you icon_mad.gif I have a reputation to uphold icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd better keep your mouth shut icon_mad.gif

I'm blaming you for last night with your bloody optimism. You should know better icon_mad.gif

Erm, Dennis Bailey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the Premiership, Nick. Ostenstad did but had the 3rd wiped out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that really before the Premiership started? icon_redface.gif

Christ I feel old icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

less said about the shambles getting back to Manchester the better /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh do tell! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right. Mart, Jonny and me met up outside the away end at Ewood, headed off back to the train station. Decided to go back the way we'd come before the game, which was the opposite way the rest of the away fans were headed - our first mistake. Kept walking, trying to remember which way we'd come, took a wrong turning at some point it seems but kept following the traffic until we eventually found a policeman. Asked him where the station was, and we were basically on the wrong side of town. Didn't help that they've apparently not yet discovered the joys of signposting in inbredland icon_mad.gif

So we headed off in the direction of the station - we had about half an hour to get there and the policeman said it'd only take 10-15 minutes so no real panic. Then Martin got hungry and decided he fancied some chips. He just happened to pick the slowest chippy in the country - I'm pretty sure they actually waited until we'd ordered to go dig up the potatoes from the garden, wash them, chop them and then chuck them in the fryer. By the time we got the chips, we had just under 15 minutes to get there and only the vaguest of clues where the station was /o\

So on we go, walking quicker, breaking into a run at one point, desperately hoping we'd find a sign pointing us towards the station at some point, and yelling "OI, SAVAGE YOU CAAAAAAAANT icon_mad.gif" at passing ambulances. Eventually (with about one minute until the train left), we discovered a signpost for the station, then another and we turned a corner to see the station in front of us \o/

Only to see our train trundle away just above us /o\

All in all we'd missed it by 2/3 minutes. So it's basically Robbie Savage's fault. Slight panic set in at this point, seeing as my research pre-game had shown that the only other train was a three-hour journey going via Preston. We checked potential buses (no luck), considered a taxi (too expensive), hoped Jonny's sister would take pity and come pick us up (she went to bed instead), so resigned ourselves to hours spent languishing in a train station.

Got the train to Preston, and had an hour and 40 minutes to wait until the train back to Manchester. We passed the time by playing "Guess The Ticket Price" (you DO NOT want to know icon_frown.gif) and then finding a Subway, marvelling at all the drunken revellers Preston had to offer. Eventually we got the train, which Mart assured us would stop at Horwich (for him) and Salford Crescent (for me), but did it? Did it balls. Mart got off at Bolton, me and Jonny had to go all the way into Manchester and I had to walk the streets of the city competing with more drunken revellers for a cab home, the fare having to come out of my Cup Final fund icon_frown.gif

All in all, a complete shambles icon_biggrin.gif

Let him die, let him die, let him die icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Kuqi's just a joke of a centre-forward - a Shearer without the talent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did Martin say that to you? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I said it to him. Has he been stealing my material? icon_mad.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

Did Martin say that to you? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I said it to him. Has he been stealing my material? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Tbf to Mart the last original idea he had died of agoraphobia a LONG time ago icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

No idea, my minnion booked it.

The lad who came last time is coming again, he said 'make sure you call your mate he was well funny'.

Weirdo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be good because Sarah is coming icon_mad.gif

Standard meet-up rules apply icon_biggrin.gif

And she doesn't want to go to a strip club apparently icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

And she doesn't want to go to a strip club apparently icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont go into work on my days off tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Just to add to what Nick said, it seems the legal drinking age in Preston is about 14, jailbait EVERYWHERE. Keith would have had a field day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived