Automatically Release Overage Players

oJMPx

In the process of adding High School Football to my NCAA database, i have the teams limited to 18 year old players, fixture rules set to no players over 18

Problem is, teams arent releasing players when they're no longer eligible

Is there a way to automatically release all players once they are no longer eligible?

I believe setting up a personal objective for chairman to give 1 year contract to 17 year old+ players might work, I would do some testing first and give you my feedback.

Edit: 

After testing, it seems to be useless, those overage players are gonna live on 1 year contract and sign a new one every season, doesn't serve the purpose.

Edited by Bentfi

Set a squad registration rule that they can't have any over-18 players. Then try the squad registration deadline rule that's something like "unregistered players are waived" (might have to look at MLS to see how they do it). I'm not sure if that setting actually works mind you

Are you using the old Academy Leagues as the unique ID for the high school divisions BTW? Then the active USL2 divisions (not Chesapeake and the other ones that don't get newgens) as the NCAA divisions? IIRC the hard-coded US newgen movement works something like that

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Set a squad registration rule that they can't have any over-18 players. Then try the squad registration deadline rule that's something like "unregistered players are waived" (might have to look at MLS to see how they do it). I'm not sure if that setting actually works mind you

Are you using the old Academy Leagues as the unique ID for the high school divisions BTW? Then the active USL2 divisions (not Chesapeake and the other ones that don't get newgens) as the NCAA divisions? IIRC the hard-coded US newgen movement works something like that

What am i doing wrong here?

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 08.03.05.png

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 08.03.24.png

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 08.03.56.png

Edited by oJMPx

I managed to get Hong Kong Premier League teams to release o18 players using @themodelcitizen's method.

Screenshot2023-11-25133053.thumb.png.60966cf23206dda5427b44e220d17e25.png

I tried to use just "Squad Selection Deadline Dates", but I face a similar error in nation rules, later I figured I ought to enable the "USE AUTO SQUAD REGISTRATION DATE" under "Squad Registration Periods" for the rules to be verified, I am not sure if it is a Hong Kong Premier League thing or all leagues need this to work.

Screenshot2023-11-25133802.thumb.png.23cb89be952d250582efb82a8963ee75.png

After that, set the "Squad Selection Deadline Dates" to be the same as the last day of the squad registration window and flag "Non-Selected Players Are Waived" and you are good to go.

I attached the test mod to demonstrate it.

For the test mod, look up "Rules 7 PREMIER", it holds the fixture rule for Hong Kong Premier League.

If you want to test the mod, start a save file with only Hong Kong and check the players in Hong Kong Premier League at the start and after going on holiday till Oct 10th.

Note: Some O18 players could "hide" in reserve/youth teams to survive the purge, I guess maybe a registration in youth teams would help combat this issue and loan O18 players can't be purged.

release18+test.fmf

Edited by Bentfi

That's great! I meant to refer to the squad registration periods, not squad selection deadline dates. Might be redundant entry in there now but it works. And you can link the up the registration windows to the transfer windows with even more precision by checking that "add squad registration dates ranges for transfer windows" and specifying the division level. Also under transfer windows you'll have to check the box for "use for squad registration" or whatever it is. Then the news items and Board behaviour re: transfers and registration will look even better

Edited by themodelcitizen

@oJMPx You building NCAA? Are you working off an existing file, or do you have any interest in collaborating with other editors on a wider project including the other US divisions?

Also you won't need both squad selection deadline dates (get rid of those) and squad registration periods, I misspoke in my first post. Those will be redundant and may just confuse it @Bentfi

Edited by themodelcitizen