Why my Barca suddenly collapse at the end of the season?

I started a new Barca save. With 4231 DM, everything is running quite fine to me. We are sitting comfortably in 2nd place in LaLiga, 3 points behind Real Madrid. Scoring 82 goals and quite solid defensively (conceding only 13). 

But in April, I experienced a terrible month, not winning 5 games in a row (3 draws and 2 losses) and only scored 3 times. The reason why I guess is:

1. Players jadedness is too high ( Araujo, De Jong, Lewandowsky, Gavi....). Below screenshot is the result after a week rest. Araujo is 356, still in red.

2. I have only 6-7 players on the bench(a few of them in bad form), even worse when Cancello and Balde both injured. 

3.  Very tough match schedule, I had 4 matches against Dortmund and Athletico Madrid (2 matches respecitvely) in 10 days. My two conceded goals against Dortmund are both last minute goals ( 89 min and 90+2 min).  Another very important conceded against Athletico Madrid is 119min ET. 

Maybe first season in Barca will end in 3 runner-ups (Super Cup, Cup del rey). 7 matches remaining in LaLiga, with 3 points behind Madrid and considering current team status, it's difficult to overtake.

Any advices on how to avoid this situation happening again next season ? Thanks. 

image.thumb.png.8c578f6a62d2dfbddc515cc7ad3946ab.png

image.thumb.png.4d43660315bf56486861865740c8deaa.png

image.thumb.png.8c43527b043977949b6591f6954bd0c4.png

5 hours ago, 28618677 said:

I started a new Barca save. With 4231 DM, everything is running quite fine to me. We are sitting comfortably in 2nd place in LaLiga, 3 points behind Real Madrid. Scoring 82 goals and quite solid defensively (conceding only 13). 

But in April, I experienced a terrible month, not winning 5 games in a row (3 draws and 2 losses) and only scored 3 times. The reason why I guess is:

1. Players jadedness is too high ( Araujo, De Jong, Lewandowsky, Gavi....). Below screenshot is the result after a week rest. Araujo is 356, still in red.

2. I have only 6-7 players on the bench(a few of them in bad form), even worse when Cancello and Balde both injured. 

3.  Very tough match schedule, I had 4 matches against Dortmund and Athletico Madrid (2 matches respecitvely) in 10 days. My two conceded goals against Dortmund are both last minute goals ( 89 min and 90+2 min).  Another very important conceded against Athletico Madrid is 119min ET. 

Maybe first season in Barca will end in 3 runner-ups (Super Cup, Cup del rey). 7 matches remaining in LaLiga, with 3 points behind Madrid and considering current team status, it's difficult to overtake.

Any advices on how to avoid this situation happening again next season ? Thanks. 

image.thumb.png.8c578f6a62d2dfbddc515cc7ad3946ab.png

image.thumb.png.4d43660315bf56486861865740c8deaa.png

image.thumb.png.8c43527b043977949b6591f6954bd0c4.png

Looks like it's less a bad run of form and more that you played tough teams. Tactically you could afford to add another attack role to the AMC strata.

If the player's are getting jaded you need to rotate them more. Add "fatigue, injury risk, and match load" to your selection view and don't play players in the Red. A good pre season setup can help this as well.

Hope that helps :thup: Topping up the morale after loses can help you break a losing streak if you do end up in one. 

Edited by Cloud9

Like @Cloud9 already said above, look at their fatigue. They could have a green heart, but their fatigue is low. You can notice this easily, because your players will likely be tired around the 50-60th mark. Rotate is key, also give players rest from training to keep them fresh and sharp for the most important matches. 

Form (last 5 matches)

Also, when you see the bad form, try to look at how players are preforming in the last 5 matches. If you see that they are over preforming their average rating, put them in the team. 

Morale

Boost morale via training. Pick all your players that have 8+ rating in last week's training and praise them. This will boost their morale. If you have players under 6 rating, criticize them. 

Tactic

Look at opponent's weaknesses and adapt to it. Do they have a very aggressive, attacking left back? Exploit by putting Torres on attack, so his base position is higher up the pitch. Forcing the left back to make a choice. Track your winger (pushing him back) or advancing forward, creating a lot of space for Torres to run into. 

Keep in mind, nobody really knows how and why you are getting a bad form when things are sky-high. But you can do your best to prevent the run to keep on going.