Future New Division Failure to Launch

SaintsCanada

League1 Ontario will split into two divisions in 2024. I have tried to set this up to happen in the advanced rules.

Things seem set up properly, and the re-jigged, smaller version of the top division seems to work fine in 2024. However the new lower division I have created simply does not create itself. Funnily the rules verification works fine, as does creating a new career save. When year 2 begins, the division is just smaller, and the new division does not exist.

Is there something I need to add to 'wake' the dormant new division in the second year?

You need to specify the competition in the parent competition - League1 Canada doesn't have a version for 2024.

Although when I added that, the relegation wouldn't work as your file assumes it's at the same division level.

I made a few changes to get the competition to work, such as adding it to level 2 rather than under the parent division for League1 at Level 1 - it took a while as for some reason it was skipping the first season, mainly due to using qualification rather than relegation.  Hopefully you can make use of it.

Canada 2.0 Advanced Premier Updated.fmf

17 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

You need to specify the competition in the parent competition - League1 Canada doesn't have a version for 2024.

Although when I added that, the relegation wouldn't work as your file assumes it's at the same division level.

I made a few changes to get the competition to work, such as adding it to level 2 rather than under the parent division for League1 at Level 1 - it took a while as for some reason it was skipping the first season, mainly due to using qualification rather than relegation.  Hopefully you can make use of it.

Canada 2.0 Advanced Premier Updated.fmf 19.44 kB · 1 download

Wow, thank you! That is working very well!