J league partner nations.

Hey guys.

In Wikipedia, the list of partner nations is different from what it shows in the game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_J1_League). However, their source is pretty old. Does anyone know what is going on here? I suspect Wiki is making stuff up but I want to be sure, being able to sign Argentinians and Brazilians without them counting as foreigners would make squad building a lot easier.

Japan has an agreement in place with a fair few Asian nations see below. You can have 5 foreign players in the matchday squad and there is no limit on the number of foreign players at the club, so you can easily build a solid squad for overseas imports. 

Japan’s Strong World Cup Will Boost Its Football Diplomacy in Southeast Asia – The Diplomat

Hope this helps and good luck with your save.

Edited by jyny

The current in game nations are correct as Qatar`s agreement ended with the world cup. it is also stated which countries on their competition rules, which is only written in Japanese, but clearly stated. With the Albirex Singapore agreement ending, it is possible singapore will no longer be a partner nation next season.

Foreign players do not require a work permit. I will rephrase, the work permit is basically the usual immigration rules, which are if you have enough to support yourself then you are good. all J.League players easily hit that benchmark making it not required.