Cup competitions not starting

diidzei

Okay guys to give you a run down, in the lower leagues of estonia, the winners of subdivisions play against each other to determine who is the overall winner of the league(completely different from promotion) in a cup at the end of the season. Does anybody know why they arent starting in game?  Theyre listed in the competition reputation area, however, when i search in game... the competition doesnt show up...it never even starts. I have the fate actions of the league and i have where to draw the teams from already predetermined so idk what the problem is

image.png

18 hours ago, diidzei said:

Okay guys to give you a run down, in the lower leagues of estonia, the winners of subdivisions play against each other to determine who is the overall winner of the league(completely different from promotion) in a cup at the end of the season. Does anybody know why they arent starting in game?  Theyre listed in the competition reputation area, however, when i search in game... the competition doesnt show up...it never even starts. I have the fate actions of the league and i have where to draw the teams from already predetermined so idk what the problem is

image.png

Where do you go when you click on one of the competitions? That will give you an indication already.

Is it a playoff set under the parent competition? I think it might function better that way than as a "cup", but either way I'd guess it's an issue with the competitions not finishing in time (maybe not handing out rankings, especially if they're counting on a playoff which hasn't been scheduled yet to do so)

I meant the leagues might not be finishing in time, sorry, or at least not crowning a last winner or whatever the cup thinks it needs to draw. And you can totally have different playoffs under the parent comp, just set up different stages. Would be easier to keep track of the various requirements and teams dropping from one stage into another too

13 hours ago, diidzei said:

Thanks.

You just need to add a Level on the General page like this:

20231101151707_1.thumb.jpg.1f53dc1e72cf1a6b89411cce2c683a18.jpg

The III Liga and below also need the Date Range changed, they're set to Jan-Jan at the moment, change those to Sept/Oct-Nov and they should all now be generated. The b tasandi finaalturniir seems to have an issue finding enough teams, but other than that it seems to work.

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Thanks.

You just need to add a Level on the General page like this:

20231101151707_1.thumb.jpg.1f53dc1e72cf1a6b89411cce2c683a18.jpg

The III Liga and below also need the Date Range changed, they're set to Jan-Jan at the moment, change those to Sept/Oct-Nov and they should all now be generated. The b tasandi finaalturniir seems to have an issue finding enough teams, but other than that it seems to work.

alright thank you, i can sort the issue with the b tasandi finaalturniir later, its because the way it works is slightly different to the other ones, but thanks

• 4 weeks later...