2-3-5 attacking shapes work so much better than 3-2-5

Hi guys, just an observation.

One of the things I wanted to try in the beta was a 4-2-3-1 that turns into 3-2-5, with a lib in support and a 2vol in attack. I tried a variation, turning one of the IFBs into an IWB in defend, and the team just plays significantly better, they like having the extra passing option in midfield and aren't that much more vulnerable at the back (probably because one extra player can commit to the counterpress). What are everyone's views on this?

4 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

One of the things I wanted to try in the beta was a 4-2-3-1 that turns into 3-2-5, with a lib in support and a 2vol in attack. I tried a variation, turning one of the IFBs into an IWB in defend, and the team just plays significantly better, they like having the extra passing option in midfield and aren't that much more vulnerable at the back (probably because one extra player can commit to the counterpress). What are everyone's views on this?

Everything is cool until you play against Liverpool or Real Madrid in Champions League and let in 5 goals. Solid defence is still the best defence. 

1 hour ago, ElJuanvito said:

How did you create a 2-3-5 system with Volantes on attack? Because as far as I know with positional play, Segundo Volante role moves from DM position to AM position.

Edited by dzek

4 hours ago, dzek said:

How did you create a 2-3-5 system with Volantes on attack? Because as far as I know with positional play, Segundo Volante role moves from DM position to AM position.

IWB CD CD WBS

VOL DM

6 minutes ago, Aoyao said:

IWB CD CD WBS

VOL DM

Volante goes to AM position and his position is occupied by IWB so we have 3-2 and not 2-3. WB doesnt rotate to other positions.

Edited by dzek

19 minutes ago, dzek said:

Volante goes to AM position and his position is occupied by IWB so we have 3-2 and not 2-3. WB doesnt rotate to other positions.

WBS will go into DM tier play with others midfielders.

hace 15 horas, dzek dijo:

2Vol(a)     DM(s)

IFB     Lib(s)         CD(d)      IWB(d)

My latest experiment is to use a DLP instead of a standard DM. Early results look encouraging.