[FM24] Hexagon Hijinks: Victor Oanase's Global Champions League Quest - Halfway House - Three Done, Three Left

KibworthBull

July 2033

The Angolan off-season is long. We've been busy with a number of players through the door as we prepare for our 1st season at the Angolan top table - my first year, the club's 2nd.

• Matu and Jay are both veterans of the level, both early 30s and will probably give us a decent 12 months. Jay is a DMC, Matu is a left-back
  • Murphy Illunga gives us a backup option in either full-back role
  • Ivan Marmelo is Portuguese and has a decent record in the 2nd tier, I hope he can step up and score some goals.
  • Ladji Atheba has come as 1st choice keeper, from the Ivory Coast, a nation still to be achieved
  • Douglas Phiri (Zimbabwe), Adalmiro Paulo (Angolan) and Sphesihle Ramahandrison (Madagascar) will be my main Central Defenders
  • Chadrack Malango is a winger from an old affiliate, only 17 but scouts rate highly.
  • Samuel Lucas is a more experienced winger, he has played at this level for most of his career.

A strong spine? It needs to be.

image.thumb.png.52a689fefc96359c0c1c55878a15ac05.png

image.thumb.png.c0ec560fd77663c2aa1bb22305728134.png

image.thumb.png.d57ecfdc19bae6b996bac6c858368e6b.png

image.thumb.png.c3c9d6b1661da96f784118863ad5e336.png

image.png

image.png

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

August 2033

We are dead favourites for relegation.

9 of the 16 players used against Caala were debutants. It was a lucky omen, a 2-0 victory and we are off and running at this level.

image.png.926f1af1f5b117e6dcb2eeb2941ed0ee.png

Etienne Tiny is 6'2, he's also got the MoTM award to tick off Cameroun. A draw and we are unbeaten after the first "month" of the season.

image.thumb.png.76bb876f6551639e5abcf364819faaca.png

September 2033

Interclube were unbeaten, and probably an example of the strength of some at this level. In fact, Interclube were 2nd last year, 3rd two years ago and won it 4 years ago. Yeah, they are decent

There was just 1 shot on target between the two sides in the goalless draw against Clube Desportivo da Huíla - still, it gives us another point.

Local Pride and a Tavares Hattrick. Wiliete Sport Clube de Benguela had lost the previous 5, but we made it 6 and Tavares scored more in 90 minutes than he did in the whole season, the last time he was at this level. Love IT

Josue Dias is a new signing, a key Right Back, another with a lot of experience. He and Tiny did enough to get another win.

image.png.1172075ac61e9694b3ff8f79d6931606.png

Mid-table and will take that right now. Last season 22 points was enough to stay up.

image.png.2174f4b142a8043b435c2ed47eca21e7.png

October 2033

Day 1 of the month, a local derby. Against the side rock bottom of the table. Bart Tavares makes it a very pleasant afternoon with a double. Sam Lucas scores and get's sent off.

A lovely routine victory in the 2nd round of the Angolan Cup was the perfect prep for the match against Clube Desportivo Primeiro de Agosto - these guys are the BIG club in the country. There B team win the 2nd tier every year. They are that good.

We battled hard and I'll take a 1 goal defeat.

We bounce back with Ivorian Keeper Ladji Atheba getting MoTM in our victory over Sport Luanda e Benfica - immediately he becomes a contender to take penalties.

It's not however the Ivory Coast ticked off, but Cape Verde Islands as Sidney Ferreira comes off the bench and does enough to score and get MOTM in the final game of the month. A fantastic month.

image.png.c69b44effb9013c6a84178c9d7d909c5.png

Our Sidney.

image.thumb.png.abb241f2f26b75c9815860b30a86fc80.png

November 2033

Back to Back league defeats for the first time this season. Both deserved to be fair.

Victory in the 3rd Round of the cup, before nearly making a pigs ear of the 4th Round - both against 3rd tier sides. We progress but we didn't deserve it again.

A tough trio of matches to end the month, our Madagascan Centre Back managed to score and get MoTM with lifted everyone's mood! Which was good as we lost the next two. 4 defeats in a month.

image.png.1d136be3faa36884d321ca05a571d9fa.png

Our Madagascan hero

image.thumb.png.1cd9fd62e51c150084bccb2d89b578a6.png

December 2033

There are a lot of games this month. 8 in 31 days. If we have an awful month then the final 6 games in 2034 might be pretty nerve-wracking.

It's not the defeats, it's the manner of them which is a concern. We shipped 6 goals against Clube Desportivo Primeiro de Agosto - they are the best in the nation.

2nd best in the nation... and our next opponents... Interclube. It never rains...

The next 3 after Interclube are all winnable. Failure to do so and we are in a heap of trouble. 

Ivan Marmelo... Ivan Marmelo... what a man. A winner, but a man-of-the-match performance from our Ivorian keeper Ladji Atheba gives us a potentially massive 3 points.

I'd forgotten I'd left Atheba on penalties... thankfully he scored and it's back-to-back victories.

Ultimately 10 points from the month. Happy with that.

image.png.425dde9ec23b1c3f2f840652dac4b9fa.png

In the final game, Ivan Marmelo managed to tick off Portugal, making it the 37th nation of the save.

image.thumb.png.eb4dfa0461f89a9f78b603adbca166db.png

January 2034

We have a holiday at the end of January. Before that 4 games. 1 cup tie. If we win (and we should) might mean the holiday gets cut short.

Before kick-off, it was confirmed that we had secured our safety. Which is objective No.1 met.

I'll attempt to gloss over the cup defeat - we rotated to rest our best 11 as they are barely breathing right now. It backfired and we departed that one. Quarter Finals is our best attempt.

Normal form - if they are above us, we lose, if they are below us, we win. So no idea how we beat 4th placed before the winter break.

image.png.d7d096a8ed705b780660cb5887fd4769.png

3 more matches left.

All are winnable.

image.png.dd06f76efd15852c5a8fb94c13d473b4.png

February and March 2034

3 games left. Absolutely nothing to play for. We are in the top tier next year regardless.

The only thing we can try and do is tick off DR Congo or Zimbabwe. Those being the only nations "active"

A 2 goal lead was stormed into, and then surrendered against Kuando Kubango. Marmelo getting another MoTM award.

We went into the last game of the season, guaranteed to finish at least 8th, playing the team in 7th. 

That man Marmelo poking in a late winner and we finish in the top 7!

image.png.4060c6ecab89d6d3bb79a76590e775f5.png

As first seasons in the top flight go... I will take that.

image.png.9824a3800fdaeddf30d51a35131da18b.png

Both our rivals were relegated as well.

love the idea behind this thread and I've always wanted to do something similarly on the international front, so I'm definitely subscribed for future updates!  Angola is going well, I don't know why but in my time there I fell in love with the name of the league; it sounds somewhere between a breakfast cereal and some kind of complex mathematical concept.

Good luck on the second season in the top flight!

11 hours ago, FiftyBeforeThirty said:

love the idea behind this thread and I've always wanted to do something similarly on the international front, so I'm definitely subscribed for future updates!  Angola is going well, I don't know why but in my time there I fell in love with the name of the league; it sounds somewhere between a breakfast cereal and some kind of complex mathematical concept.

Good luck on the second season in the top flight!

Just sitting down with a bowl of Girabola....

Yep that works!

Thanks for joining along on the journey!

Season 14 picture

• Ivan Marmelo is the only player in both Games and Goals still active at the club to add to these numbers. He's already told me he wants to exercise his right to a free transfer at the end of the season so whilst he will lead Europe for some time, he will not be the guy to tick anything off.
  • I think we are at least a couple of seasons away from winning a League or a Cup in Africa
  • Hopefully, soon we will start to register Favoured Personel at least with 1 de Maio Benguela

image.thumb.png.5f00f1ae0e9b11b4e2249a7a843122b9.png

Nations:

• 5 nations last season - Portugal, Madagascar, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde Islands and Cameroon, which is our best return for a while. Certainly the best in Africa.
  • 16.7% of the world has been ticked off.
  • Of the nations already in flight, we have players from DR Congo, Niger and Zimbabwe in the squad right now.
  • My plan is to tick off the nations as and when I can, whilst improving the squad. Once I complete Africa from a Champions League point of view, I shall find a few lower ranked nations and tick off what is left.

image.png.adcdf49e2fae3951ba1dd2c493581803.png

Pre-Season 2034/35

A quiet window. Just 13 players in, 15 players out.

The outs.

All free transfers. The only one that really stings is Mario Cazanga - he's only 18 and decent but got annoyed that he wasn't starting every game and I could never convince him to stay longer. Sidney Ferreira ticked off the Cape Verde Islands but became a bit upset with coming off the bench. The rest are mostly forgettable. 

image.png.5451db24c66b407467baf54fa69c8465.png

The In's

6 players were signed from Clube Desportivo da Huíla, who finished one below us in the table last year.  Joaquim Baptista is a young keeper who will put pressure on the ones already here, Josué Beya (Left Wing), Gilberto Kasungu and Osvaldo Tchiaka (Central Defenders), and Luís Bento (Left Back). Completing the collection from Huila is Job Mbunga, a non-contract Striking option.

All apart from Bento were freebies, Bento was free now, but £5k over the next couple of years. 

Ousmane Harouna is a Niger International Centre Back, he turned us down last year, went to our closest rival and got relegated. They were happy to send him our way now. We also signed from the same source Gambian Winger Lamin Demba. He's 31 but should be okay for a year.

Zini is a 31-year-old Striker who has 150 goals at this level, he's beyond his best now like Demba but should be good for a year or two. 

António Mbala and Abdul Bosque-Hamilton are both natural CMs who will be forced to play as DMC's - they are our best 2 options further forward and will have little difficulty adapting a little bit further back the field. Bosque-Hamilton is from Sierra Leone. 

My final two additions are the cream of the attacking crop, José Rodrigues is a Right Winger and Keagile Nyumasi is a Striker. Both are miles better than what we already have. Nyumasi is from Botswana.

image.thumb.png.69bab0789ba2c9da205d1c2b24815cfe.png

image.thumb.png.227542d32f43979b33766aad1f8db3ea.png

August 2034

6 players signed from Clube Desportivo da Huíla.... and guess who we play on day 1. Their fans recognise more of our squad than ours do.

They beat us... Their goal was scored by the one player we couldn't sign.

The other match in the month was a back-to-the-wall, dig-in and try and snatch victory. We are off and running.

image.png.d6fbb1e7900e1d6debf9f24eb95cdc34.png

None of the new blood is firing yet.

September 2034

Bartolomeu Tavares is a hero amongst men. A winner last month, a double this month to get us going. He was here before me and continues to plug away and do the business. He is a club Icon.

We are yet to find any real consistency but have progressed in the Angolan Cup.

We are just above the relegation zone. Without Bart things would be worrisome. 

image.png.10c395827f4427d43f5401088b7cd4e2.png

October 2034

Words like crisis are not required yet, but I will admit it always worries me when there is significant updates to the game - will it knock my tactic off?

This is also a worry

image.png.933998c847615bba470cd7a0a20daee9.png

2 draws to start the month - a late equaliser and then a penalty miss so it could have been so different. 

Then the best side in Angola. Not what we need

Zini came through the youth system at 1 de Agosto and came back to haunt them in style. 

A tactical switch has bought 2 wins in 2 - Abdul Bosque-Hamilton ticks off Sierra Leone in the Cup - he has really benefited from the switch.

Ultimately an unbeaten month.

image.png.eff905ab9643ab404e70bdd3def99879.png

Lots still to do but we can smile a little.

November 2034

An early goal, then a penalty... it's missed and the side falls apart. Not the best start to the month.

I think we've missed 3 or 4 penalties this season already, another in the 2nd game but this time didn't cost us.

Next up? 2nd and then 1st!

Bosque-Hamilton gets the MoTM as we beat 2nd at home. Ludicrous.

We lost to top but I'm okay with that.

The Angolan Cup tie was another Ludicrous game. This time we were lucky to escape with a win.

image.png.775618f3f6ad038865db2260445ed77a.png

We are doing just enough for now.

6 clear at the half way stage

image.png.a14de93cbac4bdf16bf4555f19d79440.png

December 2034

A big win to start December - 2-0 against Caala. 14th before the game, the lead is now 9 points.

Next up was a trip to our feeder club (just the 7 signings from them so far in 6 months) and a 3-3 draw where we were behind thrice.

Interclube are a very strong side. I keep telling myself that as the goals pour in.

We are not going to be judged on how we perform against Interclube, we will be judged on how we perform against Kuando Kubango, who are in the relegation zone. A hattrick from our latest signing from Desportivo Huila, Héritier Alongo the difference maker.

For the 2nd year running a lower-graded side knocked us out in the Quarter Finals of the Angolan Cup.

At times a difficult month, but we finished with a 9-point advantage over the drop zone with 10 games left. 

image.png.449cb4eb0366bb326ac8daaa431df131.png

January 2035

If we have a good month here then we can look forward to 2035/36 in the top flight. That's the aim.

image.png.9d520172d4d7e46266636237d12e65ff.png

And that's what we achieved! Safety secured.

Lamin Demba, who we have agreed to sell ticks off the Gambia in his final game with a hattrick. #40 nations secured.

image.thumb.png.a5923010f1f85424e1d54638bfcd46d5.png

February 2035

A fantastic 4-4 draw away at 1 de Agosto - they equalised with the last kick of the game, so it could have been better. 

We are certainly ending the season well. A 5-0 home win. We should have beaten Progresso but threw away a 2 goal lead in the dying moments of the game.

But we have secured 7th place with two games left. The same position as last season.

image.png.6a913b1c666f0d3024c6038116f6bc65.png

The only negative is the bank balance. We've lost about £700k in 12 months.

image.png.df3a6b89b96c16f99d22e6e5ab046f3c.png

March 2035

Two games left of the season. We can't move position. So it's all about trying to tick off a nation. In play we have Liberia, Niger, Zimbabwe and Botswana. We are away to 3rd and then host 1st.

Good Luck!

Liberian Curtis Jaysey scored and got a 7.5 playing up front (he's a defender) but we secured our first defeat of the year.

Petro de Luanda have been crowned champions, maybe they will be in a bar/on the beach?

No. Very much champions till the last.

image.png.deeeefcc0be80850c34ae3e469ae98e6.png

At the end of the campaign, we will be saying goodbye to a lot of players. Most did a job in their first seasons and have found themselves as backup options in their second. I tried keeping Cheikh Diallo but he was never interested, he'll be back next season, playing for Petro de Luanda.

image.png.931ad936490d8b6f04aebe17b8704dd1.png

Next season is likely to be similar. If we can get a better start we might start to challenge the top 4 but I expect around 7th again.

August 2035

It's lovely to have money... and expectation.

Bringing with me from 1 de Maio is Ricardo Joao (versatile kid - can play most positions) and Keagile Nyumasi, my Botswanan so that I can tick that nation off.

Mario Kiala got 23 league goals for Interclube last year and had a minimal release clause, and he will play up front with Dramane Fofana who has been produced from the machine that is ASEC Mimosas. Prince Ngakosso is an Angolan U-21 Defender and will give us good domestic depth. Razak Niane, is from Mali and will be the first-choice keeper. STOP PRESS - Marco Aloénouvo is a Togolese 19yr old Centre Back signed just before we started the season and after I got the screenshots (and yes, I know I could have re-done them but...)

image.png.4e728057e39f99e205933e38eec25a3c.png

image.png.aa7eb5e8b6cebe9c717bc57a7cbb2fb2.png

Additional nations - Mozambique and DR Congo should get ticked off this season. We are expected to win everything and I think we should win plenty.

image.thumb.png.27df6083a601394bd130f5378cfce0d3.png

Fofana

image.thumb.png.8a10d10719af96f07921a985e089e457.png

And finally some footballing action...

image.png.294a1a424e510527f1daa992e14eabd7.png

September 2035

Day 1... Home to last season's Champions. Our biggest test.

It's also dawned on me that the league match at the end of last month, was the first match in the entire save where I was a PROFESSIONAL manager. All other clubs were either SEMI-PRO or AMATEUR. Ba went Pro literally days after I left.

Antonio Tonet was born to be an AMC, his hat trick meant we won in some style.

When then jump into African Champions League action and it's sandwiched between facing my old side.

It's fair to say we don't need to worry about the 2nd leg after scoring 10 in Niger. We were expected to do very well. Isaac Kalumba gets 5 but not the MoTM award. So nearly DR Congo ticked off.

Another game, another hat trick, this time it's a Left Back, Miller Dias against the old side. Sorry lads.

We progress in the CL 19-1 on aggregate.

And we are scoring goals for fun. This squad is insane compared to the rest of the league. The fact they DIDN'T win the league last season speaks volumes about the previous guy.

image.png.fd41e141fae3b09547bf51c41cfab166.png

46 goals in the month. In my first season with Benguela we scored 49.

October 2035

They've given me a new deal. I've managed 8 games.

A 2-0 win at Progresso Associação do Sambizanga doesn't sound that great if you compare it to the other scores, but they are 2nd and in good form. We also (FINALLY) ticked off DR Congo!

We have 3 days between two legs in the Champions League, hopefully, that isn't the norm, we also have 5 players on International duty. Progress was made, and complete rotation was required.

Interclube are a good side, said that many a time. We dropped our first points of the season but are still unbeaten.

We are 5 points clear at the top.

image.png.e8376b50e78c0640cc0407b5ed68549f.png

Isaac Kalumba, the man to get DR Congo over the line.

image.thumb.png.f92c88fd914f58c4b5ca369b56f4866a.png

November 2035

5 goals in 19 minutes at the start of the Kabuscorp game - unusually only 3 of them for us. We must be slacking. We made up for it after though. 70% of the ten being in our favour.

I decided to go strong in the cup - I've got a Ghanian and a Botswanan Striker needing the MoTM award so creating chances for both was the plan. That failed but we progress.

A couple more victories in the league, we are now 7 clear with a game in hand.

image.png.c8f4dd18d1700f7dd429a05988f58f88.png

Daniel Asante ticks off Ghana with a late cup winner.

image.thumb.png.093a7c61895aacb0f6c5e40e4cf9ec80.png

1 hour ago, Sizeman21 said:

Holy hell, you are destroying Angola! What a crazy start! I'm so jealous. 

The squad is insanely good compared to the rest of the league. Even the reserves would be top 3 or 4. I'm interested to see how it compares to Africa's elite in the latter stages of the CL

December 2035

Probably our first real clanger of a result - a 1-1 draw. We were lucky.

We bounced back with victories over Bravos do Maquis and Petro de Luanda before an ep-ic 4-4 draw against Interclube - we were 0-3 after 25 minutes.

Next up was going back to the hand that fed, and we were able to tick off Mali, thanks to a double from new signing Daouda Kamian.

I am desperate to tick off Botswana but Keagile Nyumasi seems cursed to always miss out, despite scoring goals for fun. Someone always does better.

image.png.a949b472124d6d41d395c06d57b39b49.png

8 league games left, 10 points clear.

Mali (No.43)

image.thumb.png.578c5469e9009d0c6d463a92bd5d8490.png

January 2036

A short footballing month, with just 4 games in the first 13 days, and then a match right at the end where victory gives us a league title, in all but name

Nyumasi WHY!!! A hat trick but still no MoTM award - is this a curse?

Then right at the end of the month, a victory over ASA (Angola) sees the curse lifted. Botswana is achieved. And we have all but secured the league title. 12 points clear with 4 left and 52 goal better goal difference.

image.png.a11c10e4f1fbcef5d46b748c85c0f3d3.png

On paper, it is a tough Champions League draw. We shall see from Feb just how tough

image.png.61a97befeb2fd64a7349bfc5baad690e.png

4 Botswana 

image.thumb.png.55722ee76c9f773f23c4ba22c624175a.png

February 2036

It's celebration time. And Champions League time. Also the Angolan Cup. What a busy month!

We progressed past Interclube into the final in the cup, with Mário Kiala on the double. 

It was a fantastic win over Cape Town City but we suffered 3 injuries during the game. 2 of them long-term.

The formality of the league title was achieved with victory at ASA (ANG)

Just the 5 for Fofana against Sundowns. Brutal.

image.png.e013fb1dd6e2f64b8e0e767eb4261de2.png

An interesting graphic. We are NOT the most celebrated side in the country. That will change.

image.png.1a3af9d457b444f6b94124fe49e32ce9.png

March 2036

This month's mission - win a trophy, and secure safe passage to the knockouts of the ACL.

Victory over Vita Club but Fofana and Kamian will miss most of the rest of the month with injuries.

João Mendes got 17 goes for the B team this year, this was his first senior game - a hattrick to the end of an unbeaten season.

Our name on the cup as well. Another 5-0 victory.

The ACL has yet to be much of a challenge. At some point it will be.

image.png.3927b40a38b12b7148ece1f481b301c9.png

The goal difference was quite good

image.png.365e7bdfb5ae99c383648b827d21b0e3.png

April 2036

Domestic Contracts have ended - rotational keeper Michel Kouadio and Botswanan Ticker-Offer Keagile Nyumasi have moved on.

We've signed a couple of Angolan International regulars.

Grace Matondo and Hélder da Piedade - both regulars at club and country level and both will be well involved next year.

image.thumb.png.ad9b871d46db6cf178a62fc4a3537804.png

image.thumb.png.ea51944da1194d50891c42052d299786.png

Neither of them can take any part in the remaining African Champions League campaign.

After a meaningless final group game, we skip to the end of the month and trip to Egypt.

A game that will tell us how close we are to the ACL

image.png.cfea2b2ff65b7bf47ce28be373105a91.png

A fair way away.

May 2036

A lot to do.

3 goals were needed, with none conceded.

I can't even begin to try and explain what the hell happened.

image.png.2361c01dcbe8f8ff543d09d2b6dfe0cb.png

A picture speaks more than 1000 words or whatever the phrase is.

At 4-1 in Semi First Leg, everyone was happy. 4-3 and it's game still on

image.png.f81ecfed5babf208752d9d1c7124de43.png

And so it proved... Casablanca proved too good, and we bowed out in the Semi-Finals.

image.png.da812a40b91b3789517e770258da7f3e.png

August 2036

Our nation's search continues. Additions from across Africa. 50% of the continent has appeared for me so far.

Guinea - we've had 1 player so far from this country, but they never scored or got the MoTM

image.thumb.png.edac09d64f3bf50a8a8b626a08f34388.png

Burkino Faso

image.thumb.png.8ae10f2938af2066929e1b3070f95d5d.png

Libya

image.thumb.png.e4f57005cfb04099d736c0de10076da0.png

Guinea-Bissau

image.thumb.png.810023b720b71d0f99c2f1a2a96f2a7b.png

A mixture of talent.

The Middle East is hoovering up our players. 6 players have moved on but the cash is decent.

image.png.1e0ac870aa26b12e867b4af085889a0b.png

image.png.59e993508a4ffb89c7dc6d14479fabc4.png

All the new players make their debut in the Angolan Super Cup. A Fofana hat-trick gave me another trophy before we started the league campaign. 

9 of the best against CR Caala, but the best bit - Guinea-Bissau is ticked off. Pedro Mendes with a double and MoTM. #45

image.png.edb13929d1cbc40c866f12eca573e5fd.png

September 2036

After the international break, we started our Champions League campaign at Dragon - it was a trip to Equatorial Guinea, but I suspect you all knew that. You also knew it would be a walk in the park - this round normally is.

Dramane Fofana has moved through the gears and has now reached 40 goals for the club - making him the leading goalscorer from Africa. It shouldn't be too long before he gets his 50. Another month or two.

image.png.d9964d5c42db4f7ee2a3f33110de86d3.png

I am trying to make this club a continental monster, so we need to strive for the best of everything. We are spending some of the received Oil money.

image.png.ded6ebe984d691202b306fd91c662c93.png

October 2036

Fofana get's us up and running with a double, and his 44th and 45th goals for the club, before the biggie. Top vs 2nd. Petro de Luanda are in town. A very tight and nervy 75 minutes before we clicked into gear and ended up winning with ease.

Something we didn't bargain for, a difficult trip to Tunisia for the Champions League. ES Tunis are decent. And we have 15 players on International duty. The reserves did us proud on foreign soil,  and the first team finished the job back in Angola.

Not the stress we needed.

We definitely didn't have any stress in the Angolan Cup, but we did tick off our #46 nation - Guinea

A goal and 4 assists for Diallo against Benfica de Cabinda.

image.png.628102381993b7945d283f08e2d03800.png

Guinea!

image.thumb.png.ba6d0081363bc829f0f72e8284abdb41.png

November 2036

Our toughest test, away to Interclube (2nd). Two quick goals just before half-time turned a tough game into a relaxing and entertaining victory. 

There follows a routine month before our next top vs 2nd match at the end of the month. Victory puts us 9 points clear of 2nd, 12 clear of 3rd. It's just about the halfway stage of the season.

image.png.7800e806877d148c5a19248667fffcb1.png

My focus is on trying to identify nations we haven't ticked off and tick off the ones in the current squad, it's proving harder than the actual games are.

December 2036

I just can't compute. What the heck is a draw?

We recover well to beat Caala 9-0 again and confirm it's a blip by seeing out the year in style. 96 goals in the league so far.

image.png.dfc6fa80e50e523c1fb949d57fd16299.png

The highlight in the cup is our 46th nation - South Africa, thanks to winger Vela Ntsele

image.thumb.png.8d2792c226c87e868ccb7b9ad5f55e49.png

Edited by KibworthBull

January 2037

We now know what February will look like. The draw has been fairly kind. Kaiser Chiefs will predict a riot, but I think we'll have enough to get through.

image.png.8817f48c2aa2ed4c8e501effc8e89fc1.png

On the pitch, business as usual really. The retention of the league is closing in. It is a doozy of the last 3 days of the month where we play two of our challengers. As it turned out we needed a point from the Interclube game to be Champions with 4 left.

image.png.6cea0695294bb5fdb5ccec3985dd8690.png

We don't do points.. we do trophies

image.png.b732472a78383c44a3d66b934c84c146.png

February 2037

Focus shifts from domestic to continental. A couple of low key league games and progress in the Angolan Cup, before the RIOT.

Kaiser Chiefs. 3-0 after 30 minutes, 3-3 after 89 minutes. 5-3 win. Mayhem in South Africa

Also retention of the Angolan Cup. 

The last game of the month... failure to compute... we've been FM'ed. First time in FM24 it's happened to me, so you could argue it's about time.

image.png.d925f3e2a85e3b8b89e21e0377141d39.png

March 2037

The league campaign is done and dusted. Just the two points dropped across the whole season.

image.thumb.png.debbb2accd4b3b8d291e49c87889dafa.png

The challenge is what's to come next—the Champions League.

We are well-placed after 3 games

image.png.fc05c7d233a96e3b166b2955c038424b.png

Victory over Hilal puts us into the Quarters unless something terrible happens in the final two matches.

I signed an Algerian on loan in January but couldn't register him in the league, he's played the odd cup match and Champions League tie, and done nothing, until the 39th, 69th and 70th minute of the Kaiser Chiefs match, the hat-trick ticks off our 47th nation. It was the last game of his loan spell.

We qualify with a game to go.

image.png.b7ba3d77f1107831a96ffa62e96e01df.png

Algeria

image.thumb.png.14fdd6feb32039135e822f66ccf9f42b.png

April & May 2037

We cannot do it against the Ghanaian sides. They do the double over us. Thankfully they are knocked out so we don't have to worry about them.

ASEC Mimosas are the place for regens—the amount of Ivorians I've had over the years. Dramane Fofana was taken from them at the start of last season.

A fantastic late showing - 3 goals in the last 10 minutes turned a bad away trip into a good one. Although the aforementioned Fofana will play no further part in the tie, maybe even the season.  Up to a month of football he shall miss.

Despite going behind, we did enough to get into the Semi's

Algerian opponents and we travel away in the first leg. Another late show. 2-1 down with 20 to go. A 4-2 victory.

No need for a late show in the home leg. Done and dusted after 30 minutes. Was great to have Fofana back.

image.png.5967cc2fce68898147c892b559f2f269.png

A few days wait until we find out who it'll be in the final.

Zamalek or Sundowns. Zamalek won 4-2 in the first leg so I am fairly certain I know the answer to that one.

image.png.428a6acbb6e4b46b4f8d51f7a16ee5d9.png

June and July 2037

So of course the African Cup of Nations kicks off at the same time as the 2 legged final. Yep - because that would ACTUALLY HAPPEN

19 players have been called up. I am yet to see how badly it will affect us. Hopefully, Sundowns are equally destroyed.

They weren't

image.png.57eca2e2c16cee578f46b0f2d09a7281.png.

God help us in return without any of our recognised gods..

The second leg has been pushed back as Sundowns are currently in the Club World Cup. It falls on the 1st July - the last day of the group stages of the African Cup of Nations. No luck.

I can't even fill the bench... 3 empty spaces.

No words....

image.png.c4f2b7a16fce77a49a0aacd653eb5cbe.png

They were absolutely thread bare. Far worse than we were.

image.png.9dc64bab6094c9b4596b8c5878217117.png

• KibworthBull changed the title to [FM24] Hexagon Hijinks: Victor Oanase's Global Champions League Quest - Two Down, Four to Go

2037/38

Goals:

• 32 more for Fofana and then he has 100 and ticks off the African Player to get 100 goals
  • Continue to tick off the African Nations - 24 are complete, with 33 still to go
  • Become a Legend at the club - they see me as a Favoured Person right now

New Signings:

Daniel Yakubu is a Nigerian Centre Back and improves that position for us, so will be our first choice, the other three are in the Angolan U21s and provide decent cover, now that we've won the Champions League I no longer have the pressure to build a fabulous squad so fully expect the oil money to tempt our stars away, buy buying local players, these will give me a solid base to dominate domestically and become ever more loved.

image.png.6541346e4c1c564029e1a88d1cad6128.png

This is the picture after 17 seasons: With the exception of Fofana everything else is just slowly building.

image.thumb.png.8fb84d6b78bc20fef85314bd0f9adbb7.png

August 2037

Another new nationality to get behind.

18-year-old Beninese Striker Houngué Koudjo has joined. I scouted the entire country and struggled to find anyone amazing (shock...) - this lad is quick, determined and can finish.

Koudjo scores on his debut in the Angolan Super Cup, but Fofana gets a treble.

On paper Interclube away is a tough start. This isn't paper. Want away (to the Middle East) Daouda Kamian with a 4.

image.png.24d89b2bb0edc87c559099574fcef4be.png

Fofana has 5 for the season already.

September 2037

After a quick international break we travelled to Equatorial Guinea to start our defence of the African Champions League - we started 5 players who can tick off a nation. An Angolan stole the show but a 9-2 win has meant we progress before the 2nd leg. 

It took 2 goals in the last five minutes of the return leg, but Houngué Koudjo has ticked off our 49th nation, Benin.

I can add the African Super Cup to my list of trophies, but my word, we made hard work of it. Sneaking through 4-3 in the end. 

The league doesn't really need mentioning. 5 from 5. Fofana on fire. Usual stuff.

image.png.500f9fdf4097e51d3f7d9dfda29f7fbc.png

#49 Benin

image.thumb.png.bdda0d56bf8811cec9a047f1b2c7597e.png

October 2037

In a desperate attempt to tick off some nations I play my Togoese Centre Half up front in the Cup - he scores a hattrick but is usurped by a guy who got 3 assists. What luck!

In the African Champs League, we travel to Guinea and Horoya AC, we have 17 on international duty for the first league.  After 30 seconds and we were 1-0 down there was a flicker of worry, but we rallied and had enough to see it home with a bit to spare.

The only game in the season I worry about is Petro de Luanda - the city derby. We played this one with ten men for 89 minutes - would take a draw. Realistically they will need to beat us twice to win the league, so this draw does us more good than them.

Fofana continues to blast them in - 21 for the season. 90 for the club. Next month he should complete the challenge for Africa 100 goals.

image.png.dcf781e95cac8af496fe94da3d3abbcf.png 

November 2037

We are on Fofana watch now. 89* at the start of the month.

A visit from the old side and he sits on 92* and he will stay on 92 for the next 6-8 weeks. Injured. It looked a bad one but thankfully not too serious.

On the 21st of November, we finally got to the top of the table. We play Benfica next month.

image.png.c72a84c498d838f4cd7c133f741db70f.png

For the cup tie against 3rd tier Petro Huambo we had all of the nations we needed to tick off as high up the pitch as possible.

image.png.d931c0cac14a150c392cf0be16bd269c.png

And it worked. My god it worked. Marco Aloenouvo from Togo becomes our 50th nation. It only took him 102 games!

image.thumb.png.cdd8ae69076c2565ee9de0cec3122b33.png

I also fancy our chances in the next round...

image.png.3e9c72ea9848785278bcbf900c3e8f3f.png

The full results from the month...

image.png.03ee1deb340d7828b5e355d192d8d79e.png

December 2037

Burkina Faso, Libya, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principle, and Tanzania.

Not a list of holiday destinations for 2037, but the list of active nations we are trying to tick off.

image.thumb.png.b6c01b486b4df81fc42451743d86bdd5.png

Most of them are good enough for this level so it shouldn't be tricky. But no, it's proving elusive.

We can also add Gabon to that list now. Obambou-Ebane has joined from Interclube, a few days before we play them in the league.

image.thumb.png.0296f85dd11031003d07df2ad4c86333.png

He can't be registered for a few weeks, but Fofana is back, and back with a hat-trick to move onto 95 goals for the club. 

We became the first team to beat Benfica - they've had a fantastic season to date.

Libya were on the naughty step. Not now they are. Siraj Al-Zuway ticks it off with a man-of-the-match performance against Desportivo da Lunda Sul. Fofana 96*

Bravo to Bravos de Maquis, they almost snatched a draw off us. Fofana 98* and a couple from the eternal reserve - Emilio Antonio.

A pre-Christmas double for Fofana gives him the 100 goals for a player from the continent of Africa. 91 games it took him. Slouch.

We signed a Kenyan on the 30th of December. He ticked off Kenya on the 30th of December. That's more like it.

image.thumb.png.6fe9adeefff87befa17aaa04f61486db.png

Our best month for ticking nations off in AGES.

image.png.4899f3738a70603dbdfc8f3d2af38019.png