Youth poaching

Is there anyone who ever poached a youth of more than 0.5* potential in any save? Without exception the suggestions I get are always like that, even when I scout the player after he’s signed with the original team or based on my coaches opinion if I get the player. It doesn’t seem to matter which team I play, how good my facilities or staff are - there is no variation at all.

Funny enough opponent teams never try to poach my worst talents, most often it’s the ones with the highest potential.

IMG_3455.png

This is a good post – I have been meaning to mention this. I haven’t seen any youth recommended to me better than a 0.5 star.

I love this addition to this year’s game mind you... Hopefully it can be improved / developed for FM24? You see Big clubs poach young kids... Be nice to have a few 15 year olds thrown into the mix (The John Bostocks of the world).

Speaking personally, every time I've been offered the chance the poach a youngster from another academy, it's been pretty much the same. Always 0.5 star rating and I never bother pursuing. Doesn't matter whether I'm a League Two club or a top European side, always the same low rating.

That said, I think I'm right in saying that this was a new addition to FMM23 so it most likely just needs a bit of tweaking.

• 4 months later...

This must have been upgraded - The last 2 poaches have turned out pretty good (look promising enough).

4 - 4.5 star. Worth working with. Ive only had 2 in 10 seasons mind you. Wouldnt mind a few more being offered. Its a good feature.