How to get the best out of...

Decided to start a Fulham game where I can only buy transfer listed players.

The idea is that it will force me to change tactics every year as I grow + better players become available. Then I need to find a tactic to suit those players (ideally my 3 best players). I like that it will force me to focus on getting the best out of my best.

My best 3 players are Mitrovic, Palhinha and then quite a few on 3.5*. So Mitrovic is a bit slow and gangly to be an effective pressing forward, but as a DLF/TM he's mustard. I think to get the best out of him I'd like to give him a good bit of support, so a 2nd striker and an AM (Fulham have no good wide players). Pereira is skillful and I want him on the ball attacking. I started off with him on SS-A but that didn't go well so trying on AM-A now. Also given him the 'gets further forward' trait now. Harrison Reed is a quick, hard working BBM so he can support too.

I'm doing ok (I threw my games away to Ars/ManC, combined 7-0 loss), the attack is a bit rubbish at the moment but I've just changed mentality to Positive and that resulted in an easy 2-0 away win at Soton.

Just thought this might be a topic worth starting as we can come together to work out how to get the best out of individual players, and we'll become better players as a result.

Screenshot2023-08-16at21_59_50.thumb.png.ecc0e9261e1574033b8485812fd9455d.png

Screenshot2023-08-16at22_00_25.thumb.png.6b3eb5da805ae4ca9bda2cee644f4bc6.pngScreenshot2023-08-16at21_59_33.thumb.png.863eb52e47bc6b18e83db3117909e0a7.png

I think he'd be better off as a DLF here. TM you always think direct balls and crosses, where you only have the two wide players in a 4-4-2 diamond and you're playing short passing 

You need some width on the right so maybe a MEZZ or CARR on the right of CM and the holding DLP in CM is a bit much for me too when you have the DM holding 

The Diamond's a good counter shape too, so I'd maybe rework the TIs 

You're doing decent though so ignore me if you want :D sounds a fun save :thup:

9 hours ago, jackane24 said:

EPL 10th, 4pts behind 7th.

Doing well!

The roles and duties look good, that right hand side stands out a bit though but you know the system better than I do, I'd want at least a WB(S) seeing as he's the only wide player 

The TI's look a bit of a mix of gengenpress (the Out of Possession) and cautious play (In Possession and In Transition), you could easily change them a bit for games where you're a favourite  :thup:

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not updating, this challenge was frighteningly scary unfortunately. I'd have to limit purchases to £15m to make it anything like a proper challenge, just too easy to improve year on year and buy good players. I bought Declan Rice at the start of Season 3...

8 hours ago, jackane24 said:

Sorry for not updating, this challenge was frighteningly scary unfortunately. I'd have to limit purchases to £15m to make it anything like a proper challenge, just too easy to improve year on year and buy good players. I bought Declan Rice at the start of Season 3...

Since the game doesn't come with difficulty settings, setting your own limitations is necessary. I would consider the following if success is starting to feel inevitable:

• No future fees (all transfers paid up front in cash).
  • No loans.
  • Only doing recruitment via scouting networks.

These changes help reflect a more realistic financial/recruitment state at a club. They address some of the issues in the current game (ie no punishment for overspending your budget) and provide a uniqueness to your save that I would highly recommend. You still might want to start a little farther down the pyramid for a long term challenge :) 

Edited by Cloud9