At which age to sell players - when do their attributes start to drop?

As a rule of thumb, at which age do player attributes and/or market value start to drop? In other words, at which age should they be sold, while at their peak market value?

Up untill FM23 I would think that the age would be around age 33 for keepers and 29 for outfield players.

But regarding FM23 I am not so sure. I have seen knowledgeable people hint that it could be diffent now. Perhaps age 32 for outfield players and around 35-36 for keepers?

5 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

I prefer to sell around 27-28 y/o, have reached PA (or not). 

Yeah, perhaps something like that isn't too bad. In some cases at least. I also think it would depend whether you get a good bid. If not, perhaps better to wait a year, as long as the player has at least two years left on his deal and isn't 31-32 or something. Perhaps, I am just speculating. In any case, my experience is that sometimes it is too early to sell at 27-28. Sometimes it might be a good thing, but in some situations not so much. Not ideal to sell a useful player on the cheap, if you only get low bids.

46 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Depends how good they are and if I need the money. If they're a key player, I'll keep them well into their 30's, one of my DMs is 34 and plays regularly 

Great timing on the red arrows :lol:

Muller.thumb.png.208b91a2d10434129409f65a0f46d63d.png

When would you say that a player's market value peaks? By position or whatever might be relevant categories. At least keepers are older than outfield players before their market value peaks I would imagine.

1 minute ago, danej said:

When would you say that a player's market value peaks? By position or whatever might be relevant categories. At least keepers are older than outfield players before their market value peaks I would imagine.

Absolutely! Probably around late 20's for strikers? Mid twenties for AMRLC? Then getting older as you move down towards keepers. Loads of variables go into player valuation thought so plucking at numbers