Does form exist and should form exist in FM ?

Hello !

I always wondered if form is a thing in FM and never had an official answer. What do you think ? If a player performs well in a game, is he more likely to perform better in the next one ? Are their periods when a player is out of or in form ?

For me, this lacks in FM !... IRL, a player who does great in a match is more likely to play well in the next... the same when he performs during training, as coaches seem to think. If it's not the case in FM, there's no reason to not always put your best players in the XI, which is less interesting. There doesn't seem to have a corelation between "last 5 games average rating" and or "training performances" with the next performance. IRL, even if there are no "rules", it seems that players have good and bad "runs" of form. I don't know if it's due to physical reasons and/or motivation, morale and self-confidence (which is not enough important in FM to my taste)...

I'm curious to know your opinions about it ? Thanks...

I am not 100% sure of the answer, but there seems to be. Some of my players will have good spells of form, while others will have two or three very poor games in a row after being OK for ages. I am less certain if there is a direct relationship between poor training performance and form. I find that some of my players will have an isolated poor training performance (which I always talk to them about), but rarely do players have consecutive poor training reports (unless they are on the transfer list and want to leave).

Le 08/08/2023 à 14:47, Brother Ben a dit :

Surely consistency and dozens of other variables will have an effect on this?

They seem to have an impact on the "form of the day" which seems to be calculated "randomly just before the game begins but I don't think that there's more than that... I'd like to be wrong !

1 hour ago, dieguitoch said:

They seem to have an impact on the "form of the day" which seems to be calculated "randomly just before the game begins but I don't think that there's more than that... I'd like to be wrong !

I imagine you're wrong.  There will be thousands of calculations going on

On 08/08/2023 at 10:33, dieguitoch said:

IRL, a player who does great in a match is more likely to play well in the next...

I don't agree with this assertion either.  It's a bit too anecdotal for my liking.