Taking my tactic to the next level - Chelsea 451

Hello everyone,

I would like to get your input on my 451 tactics I use with Chelsea. It works well, but I feel it could be better.

I am currently in January 2023 and I am 4th in the Premier League.

This tactic has no PI's yet and I would like to ask you to help me which PI's can take this tactic to the next level.

image.png.f446cef4c9af033d09a50ac8e5a5420e.png

If anyone has any other suggestions like roles, duties or instructions... feel free to give tips :)

There are a few changes I would make if it was my set up, but I don’t want to suggest too much given you are doing ok and I remember from my old Chelsea save there were a few morale issues at start you have to work through.

The two things that really jump out to me are - where are your goals coming from? Who’s standing on the penalty spot to convert those crosses? On that basis I’d make ur left winger an IF. 

Second thing that jumps out is your out of possession and transition settings are ultra aggressive - will cause some high fatigue im sure and also could lead to your back line very exposed with aggressive WB’s and no one genuine holding midfielder - I’d add hold position onto your dlp

Questions would be - Where do you feel you are struggling? Scoring/creating/conceding/possession ?

6 minutes ago, dazza11 said:

where are your goals coming from? Who’s standing on the penalty spot to convert those crosses? On that basis I’d make ur left winger an IF. 

My topscorer is Havertz with 25 goals in 30 matches, but I think you're right. I will try Felix as an IFsu. Do you also recommend Havertz maybe as a more simple forward like AF?

8 minutes ago, dazza11 said:

Second thing that jumps out is your out of possession and transition settings are ultra aggressive - will cause some high fatigue im sure and also could lead to your back line very exposed with aggressive WB’s and no one genuine holding midfielder - I’d add hold position onto your dlp

DLPsu already has 'hold position' so I can't add it.

But indeed TI and roles are very agressive. I've also experimented with Chilwell as FBat, James FBsu and Kovacic DLPde but I think it's a bit too passive. Which instructions do you recommend changing?

10 minutes ago, dazza11 said:

Where do you feel you are struggling? Scoring/creating/conceding/possession ?

A little bit of everything, when I see the match in 3D on 'key highlights' I see chances missed, simple errors in defense that lead to a goal, not much created from the flanks, etc. 

4 hours ago, Karlo said:

Hello everyone,

I would like to get your input on my 451 tactics I use with Chelsea. It works well, but I feel it could be better.

I am currently in January 2023 and I am 4th in the Premier League.

This tactic has no PI's yet and I would like to ask you to help me which PI's can take this tactic to the next level.

image.png.f446cef4c9af033d09a50ac8e5a5420e.png

If anyone has any other suggestions like roles, duties or instructions... feel free to give tips :)

Looks pretty good overall, adding in an IF (s/a) on the left would go a long way to addressing that goal scorer issue :thup: Havertz as a DLF(a) is just fine and will work well w/the IF and the CM(A) who can play off him while he holds up the ball. 

DLP(s) as a holding midfielder should be no problem as well, particularly with Kante deployed in front of him. I might suggest running Kante as a BWM(s) instead of the BBM to better fit the player. 

You are Chelsea so aggressive roles is a positive thing. I would get rid of pass into space and bump up the mentality to positive as well. 

1 hour ago, Cloud9 said:

I might suggest running Kante as a BWM(s) instead of the BBM to better fit the player. 

Changed Kante to a BWMsu.

1 hour ago, Cloud9 said:

I would get rid of pass into space and bump up the mentality to positive as well.

Before I do this, I want to ask something about the assistants advice. He continues to advise me to turn on work ball in the box and use a low block. Should I act on this advice or ignore it?

15 minutes ago, Karlo said:

Changed Kante to a BWMsu.

Before I do this, I want to ask something about the assistants advice. He continues to advise me to turn on work ball in the box and use a low block. Should I act on this advice or ignore it?

I'd ignore your assistant. Esp the low-block, which will be vastly different. 

Work the ball into the box is something I'd use situationally. It can be useful esp. when you're in control of the game vs a weaker opposition.